It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who isn't interested in the shooting?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I think the OP, reminded us that we don't need a gizzilion threads on the same subject, of course to convey that message he has to mention the same subject, so its a catch 22.

If the OP wanted to convey that message he/she could have done it in a much more elegant and mature style, rather than say "who cares about that stuff, lets turn our attention to these dazzling muffins". If the OP wanted to talk about muffins and nice dining sets then the OP should have left out the distasteful remarks and avoid making themselves look like a callous self-centred egotistical fool concerned about sparkly dinner sets and hand woven silk bed sets. We aren't here to talk about the food and fashion of the rich elite, let alone use that as an alternative trade off for discussing important matters such as mass murders.
edit on 21/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
All fled—all done, so lift me on the pyre—
The Feast is over, and the lamps expire.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

People you never knew. So you must be very upset over the people killed eveyday around the world. The people killed in all the history.

Hell, lets just not talk about anything else because lets all obsess over these people.

Get out.

EDIT: Why must we dwell on horrible things? Oh right, thats what the media teaches you to dwell on.
edit on 21-7-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

EDIT: Why must we dwell on horrible things? Oh right, thats what the media teaches you to dwell on.

People claim that its so we "never forget" or were doomed to repeat it or some bs like that but I think they do it so that it can be exploited, like the holocaust and 9/11.
This act will cause severe repercussions against our ever waning civil liberties.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

People you never knew. So you must be very upset over the people killed eveyday around the world.

Just because I don't know them doesn't mean I don't care about them or that they are worthless from my perspective of reality. But if you want to know the real truth, I couldn't care less about them. You're right, I didn't know them, I had no attachment to them, and I'm not the slightest bit saddened by the fact they were killed. I've been like this my whole life, I simply don't get as emotional as most people when it comes to death, even when it comes to my own family members, and many people have called my evil and sadistic because of it. When I watched 9/11 happen I felt literally nothing, no sadness, no anger, I was watching it exactly the same as I'd watch any other show. Honestly, I care about uncovering the conspiracy more than the people who died.

But you know what. I don't go around making lowbrow threads shouting about how much I don't care about these people... because a lot of people DO CARE. They care very deeply, and they get very upset by threads like this one. It's simply cold an cruel. Even I am not so harsh as to rant about stuff like this and marginalise the tragedy and reduce it into a petty discussion about material desires. That is so rude and arrogant, on the highest level. I may not care emotionally or personally about the people who were killed, but I still have the common decency to respect the emotions of those who do. Really, I do care about people, but it's on a higher level, it's not just some people from a certain group, it's all people, it's humanity. I work to expose conspiracies because I care about humanity as a whole.

Why must we dwell on horrible things?
Why must you always tune out the things that bother you? You hear only what you want to hear, you see only what you want to see, you fail to acknowledge the sad state of the world we are living in because you care more about your immediate mood. You watch as the world goes to hell in a hand basket and you fail to do anything about it because you fail to even recognise it's happening. It's not about "dwelling" on the negative things, it's about acknowledging them and getting to the bottom of why such things happen in the first place, so that we may implement methods to reduce the risk of them happening in the future. People like you would simply rather ignore all the bad things, and therefore you do nothing about them, and therefore no one does anything to stop them, and therefore the people committing the crimes can easily get away with it because people are living in a shell of emotional numbness and you're incapable of taking action because you don't care about anything except yourself.

Only when the problem comes to your doorstep will you demand action. And then no one will be there to help you because they don't give a # about you. You are the one who has been brainwashed by the MSM, brainwashed so that you couldn't care less about your neighbours or your fellow human beings, trained to live in your own little world where all that matters is you. Brainwashed to believe the best way to succeed in life is to disregard the feelings of everyone else and trample over anyone and everyone to work your way to the top, regardless of the damages inflicted on other people. You're the one who has been emotionally numbed and trained to shift your feelings to the back of your mind so that you wont care any more about all the lies and corruption they feed to you. Every bad thing that happens is just another negative piece of nonsense which doesn't deserve any thought or "dwelling" upon, and should be swiftly moved to the back of your mind, thus ensuring you don't give a crap and wont do anything about anything because you're now a hollowed out shell with no soul left inside.
edit on 21/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Well defended, you win

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

You are a very complex individual, I'm still trying to get a grasp on what you believe in. Not that I find it bad, necessarily, actually whatever it is, it is interesting. I gather you like tea and cake. Meanwhile, I think the shooting was probably done to distract people from other, more important issues.
edit on 29-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
If the OP wanted to convey that message he/she could have done it in a much more elegant and mature style, rather than say "who cares about that stuff, lets turn our attention to these dazzling muffins".

LOL +1

top topics

<< 1   >>

join