It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has SOLD OUT

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

You actually might be correct, since other countries in the past have not fallen so softly. They may have seen it coming and controlled it on purpose so we didnt have another Yugoslavia.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
it's the American government not the people that are the problem

Agreed.

I believe it goes far beyond the US government or ANY government for that matter.

It's not any one country or any one government.

WHY does everyone gloss over this fact?

ATS folks, of all people should know this...

Yet they deny the TRUTH... as if BLIND to reality, WHY ? !

They want to argue for hours and days over this country or that political party and it is ALL a waste of time.

edit on 21-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps

This post isn't necessarily aimed at you Perhaps, I just quoted your post for the graph.

And to put that graph into a clearer perspective, there are only 250,000 registered users here. Of that number, only half actually post on a regular basis. That's roughly 1/16 of the people who look at the site actually participate on the site. My point? None of all this political bickering is really solving anything when you look at the numbers. And as the saying goes....people lie but numbers never do.

And out of that very small percentage of numbers that the OP is complaining about, no one seems to be learning anything or even paying attention. This isn't the first time I've responded to a topic such as this through the years and I've noticed a trend with the people who both complain about the U.S. and the people who complain about the complainers. It's always the same argument. Common people are always pointing the finger at each other and not towards the people who need to be pointed out. The people "in charge". The people who, really, make this topic in the first place when you think about it. We the people aren't the ones starting the wars and otherwise screwing around with different countries. The people in charge who supposedly know what they're doing are the one's doing that.

And before you start to tell me that the way the world currently is is by design....don't even. As if you expect me to believe that the worlds leaders are intelligent. They may be in control but that doesn't make them smart. That just means they know how to manipulate other peoples' lack of intelligence. And if you believe for one second that THAT makes them smart, you deserve to be manipulated.

But instead of using phrases like "The government" of such and such country is doing such and such, people say things like "Americans" are doing this or "Germans" are doing that. As if the citizens of any given country are really making the rules. My point here is that people need to choose their words more carefully or don't choose them at all. Talk smart or shut the # up. This is a serious subject after all and needs to be treated as such.

But out of all of that, what really gets me is the people in all the democratic countries around the world, America included, who go and vote their leaders in. What are you complaining about? YOU voted them in. Don't tell me you actually believed what they said. And if you don't like the selections they give you, make your own. It is part of the process after all. It's called a write in ballot. How do you think Bruce Springsteen gets at least one vote for President every 4 years?

And don't tell me that the system is rigged to where they'll always get what they want and that you can't fix it. For every problem there's a solution, and if you don't see it then you're not paying attention. But instead of opening your eyes so you can see the solution, you'd rather keep them shut and point your fingers at your fellow countrymen. I suppose it's easier that way, I don't know. I never was one to take the easy way out and brag about it. I always felt a twinge of guilt and my heart never was fully into the endeavor.

I'm an American by the way, and for the most part I just don't get the majority of people when it comes to this political topic, and I'm not going to lower my standards just to fit in. Screw that. Again, it all comes down to numbers and people wonder why I gravitate towards other people who respond in kind to my points of view.

It gets lonely at the top.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

edit on 22-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

ATS Bans people who have broken the T&C enough to warrant banning.

2 of the 3 ATS owners have posted on the site in the past 24 hours.

Maybe you should get your facts straight before making such brash statements and then deleting your post?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join