It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Shooting, Obama Calls for 'Day for Prayer and Reflection'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

This is Obama's speech about the TDKR premiere shooting. This really gives me the creeps, for some reason.

There's a mild repetition of the phrase, "one American family;" which gets used two or three times. Could just be a call for unity in order to avoid any further problems, but it reminds me a bit too much of neocon writing I've seen, which talks about the deliberate use of disasters in order to artificially induce unity within the public.

I think the worst thing, however, is Obama's statement that, "Such violence, such evil is senseless; it's beyond reason."

This to me strongly implies that Obama does not want people to even try to understand what happened, or why the gunman did this. It's as though he's really trying hard to exhort people to just shut up and accept the "random nut," idea, and just leave it at that.

People can talk about a "random nut," as much as they want; but as far as I'm concerned, events have causes. Things happen for a reason; they don't just occur for no reason at all.

As a result, I'm calling on everyone on this forum who is willing, to not only Deny Ignorance to the degree that we usually do anyway, but to do so even more earnestly than usual, in this particular case. We need to keep analysing this issue; we need to keep sifting through whatever we can find, looking for the non-mainstream sources of information if need be, and bringing to light pieces of the puzzle which might not show up anywhere else.

I know several people have expressed their belief that Nolan's Batman trilogy is cursed, because of the death of Heath Ledger, and now this incident. Yet as I've said before, Batman is probably the single character of his genre, that I have ever felt both strongly and positively about. I view him as a source of positive inspiration. I don't view him as a member of the psychopathic "1%," but rather having been depicted as someone that, while being a billionaire, used the resources at his disposal to bring predators of the public to justice, while at times being willing to sacrifice his own life in order to do so.

I also view him as an icon of principled individuality; individual responsibility and initiative, which also keeps in mind a moral commitment to the collective. I think we've gone too far in the direction of pure collectivism, over the last four years, in our thinking. I am not claiming for one moment to be a Randian, either; but I feel very strongly that there must be a balance of both, and that while the collective is to be honoured, the individual must be also.

One of Batman's titles, is the world's greatest detective. I think we're going to need to channel and emulate some of that ability ourselves, if we are going to find out what really motivated James Holmes, or whoever else was responsible, to commit this crime.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hes such a chump ...
and what does being 1 family have to do with the dozen people hurt?!

November can come fast enough

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

One of Batman's titles, is the world's greatest detective. I think we're going to need to channel and emulate some of that ability ourselves, if we are going to find out what really motivated James Holmes, or whoever else was responsible, to commit this crime.

Batman is a fictional character, bro!

Just saying!

I despise Obama’s policies and I don’t care for the man but I must say I don’t find anything wrong with his speech today. I thought he showed a bit of class today by suspending his campaign too…as did Romney.

What I find REALLY disturbing is that some in the MSM tried to draw a connection between this killer and the Tea Party without any vetting...shameful!!

The mantra of the Obama left - Never let a good crisis go to waste, right?

edit on 20-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This all smells of mass manipulation of a situation to me.

All I can think of is this upcoming UN treaty on gun control/confiscation that Obama is going to possibly sign in the next week.

What are the sayings?

Problem, reaction, solution?

Never let a crisis go to waste?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by petrus4

Batman is a fictional character, bro!

Just saying!

I'm aware; and believe me, some people I've seen on YouTube are far more deeply afflicted with, "I can't remember whether or not Batman's real," syndrome than I am, as off the wall as I sound about him myself at times.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Unlike the Ft. Hood shooting, Obama acted appropriately. His disgusting sycophants however... That's a different story.

"There will be another time for politics," Obama said, to which his Kool-Aid swilling crowd responded, chanting...

FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

How much more disgusting can they get?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

All I can think of is this upcoming UN treaty on gun control/confiscation that Obama is going to possibly sign in the next week.

What are the sayings?

Problem, reaction, solution?

Never let a crisis go to waste?

This has been my perspective on this situation, the entire time as well. I think the whole thing is a government stunt, personally.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Obama can't do anything right in some peoples eyes. No matter what he said, someone on here is bound to jump all over it. I thought his little speech was quite measured and well delivered. Now if he had started talking about guns nad such I would expect some outcry but he didn't.
edit on 20-7-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Obama can't do anything right in some peoples eyes. No matter what he said, someone on here is bound to jump all over it. I thought his little speech was quite measured and well delivered. Now if he had started talking about guns nad such I would expect some outcry but he didn't.
edit on 20-7-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

Don't think for a second that the Left won't use this to attack the 2nd Amendment. They'll combine this, Trayvon Martin, and the Gifford's shooting to prove to the UN that American citizens can't be trusted to bear arms. And we all know what happens next.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Though I’m sure Obama and the gang are going to use this situation as a rallying cry for more gun control (some have started already today) I don’t see a single reason to suspect this turd is a patsy or plant. He seems like an intelligent, angry kid with obvious mental instability; typical whacko shooter!

If anything this situation should be reason to loosen gun laws. Had people in the theatre been armed they could have returned fire and possibly prevented a few deaths. This guy had a clean record and had never even been arrested, so no level of gun law (short of banning guns) would have prevented him from getting guns.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i think the cia or some other body of the gov maybe played a roll in this idk why i have the feeling but i jsut see it as a gun control type of thing

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I normally do not like Obama's views and talks.

But I think he was very composed, and I for one can appriciate what he is saying and his request for a moment of recognition.

I hope this does not turn into a fire arms restriction.

But again, I commend him.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast
i think the cia or some other body of the gov maybe played a roll in this idk why i have the feeling but i jsut see it as a gun control type of thing

I wish people would keep politics out of events like this. After reading the first article on it today I cried. Simply because it was one of the most horrific acts I have ever heard about. Families and their children at a place almost all of us go only to experience an atrocity. For absolutely no reason. Nothing.

No point. No nothing.

Senseless killings and woundings.

Because some pea brained idiot couldn't get over himself. Some pea brained idiot was so hurting for attention he had to commit a heinous act.

That's all it is. There is no politics here.

new topics

top topics

join