It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

assad ready to leave power - breaking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
sky news link

this just popped up on the sky ticker...will update

EmailSyrian President Bashar al Assad is ready to leave power in an "orderly way", the Russian ambassador to Paris has said.

edit on 20-7-2012 by discostu123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
If this stops the bloodshed I guess its a good thing, thou I doubt its the way the west wanted it to play out.....

Also makes Russias stance against the UN mandates worthwhile for the end result.

whatever stops Nato carpet bombing the country has got to be a positive.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by discostu123

From your Link.....

The leader has accepted that he will have to leave power, Alexandre Orlov said on French radio. "At the Geneva conference, there was a final communique that foresees a transition towards a more democratic system," he told the RFI network. "This final communique was accepted by Assad. Assad nominated his representative to lead the negotiations with the opposition for this transition. That means he accepted to leave, but in an orderly way." Russia is one of Syria's closest allies, however the Syrian Information Ministry denied that Assad has agreed to leave power.

About time.

Hopefully the bloodshed can stop.

S&F
edit on 20-7-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Won't stop. Muslim Brotherhood to take hold.

nek minnit..........

new target

Hizbollah!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
If true well then this can be good for Assad as he and his family MIGHT be spared from going out like Gaddafi, but i fear it may be bad for the minorities in Syria if the extremist elements of the fsa prevail... but anyway i hope this does prevent another war.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It's chess, this was Russia's counter to a NATO carpet bombing.

I doubt it was what NATO wanted, but maybe it is.

Destabilized enough to focus on Iran now...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
If this is true it makes you wonder why he didn't step down sooner, could have saved a lot of lives if he did.

Oh the drunkenness of power.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by II HAL II

It was Russia leaning on him that did it if its true, probably played him the last NATO dictator to be overthrows last video....

Knife in a place it just shouldnt go....

"yea that's you if you fight this, best to let us handle this"

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
If true well then this can be good for Assad as he and his family MIGHT be spared from going out like Gaddafi, but i fear it may be bad for the minorities in Syria if the extremist elements of the fsa prevail... but anyway i hope this does prevent another war.

Why should he spared. he and his family have killed countless thousands over the
last 40 years!

Should be shot like the dog he is.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Even the emperor of Japan who ordered his troops to crash planes into our battleships got to surrender safely...

I forget it used to be that America held itself to a high standard in these things, you know honor.

But your right if he surrendered than kill him like a dog, this isn't that old honorable America anymore...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

True.. but I'm sure he knew about Gaddafi a long time ago... I think it's more to do with the fact the Rebels are closing in on him....

Run for the hills.
edit on 20-7-2012 by II HAL II because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by II HAL II

I'd bet more likely Russia offers him exile in their country...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron

Why should he spared. he and his family have killed countless thousands over the
last 40 years!

Should be shot like the dog he is.

I never said he should or shouldn't be spared as its not for me to judge, but it doesn't take a genius to see that the future of Syria doesnt look like its going to get any more peaceful, especially not with the fsa psychos getting into power.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by rigel4

Even the emperor of Japan who ordered his troops to crash planes into our battleships got to surrender safely...

I forget it used to be that America held itself to a high standard in these things, you know honor.

But your right if he surrendered than kill him like a dog, this isn't that old honorable America anymore...

Chivalry went out 150 years ago in the military, and where is the honor in killing innocent civilians.

Karma doesn't always find it's way home, sometimes it needs to be delivered.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
If this stops the bloodshed I guess its a good thing, thou I doubt its the way the west wanted it to play out.....

Also makes Russias stance against the UN mandates worthwhile for the end result.

whatever stops Nato carpet bombing the country has got to be a positive.

Star an Flag !

If they can get the entire Assad power structure out then they can
just backdoor weasel in just like the Federal Reserve did in 1913
via Jekyll Island.

Once the tick digs in it is patient in its parasitic ways.

Creation of the Federal Reserve

Picture a party of the nation's greatest bankers stealing out of New York on a private railroad car under cover of darkness, stealthily riding hundred of miles South, embarking on a mysterious launch, sneaking onto an island deserted by all but a few servants, living there a full week under such rigid secrecy that the names of not one of them was once mentioned, lest the servants learn the identity and disclose to the world this strangest, most secret expedition in the history of American finance. I am not romancing; I am giving to the world, for the first time, the real story of how the famous Aldrich currency report, the foundation of our new currency system, was written... The utmost secrecy was enjoined upon all. The public must not glean a hint of what was to be done. Senator Aldrich notified each one to go quietly into a private car of which the railroad had received orders to draw up on an unfrequented platform. Off the party set. New York's ubiquitous reporters had been foiled... Nelson (Aldrich) had confided to Henry, Frank, Paul and Piatt that he was to keep them locked up at Jekyll Island, out of the rest of the world, until they had evolved and compiled a scientific currency system for the United States, the real birth of the present Federal Reserve System, the plan done on Jekyll Island in the conference with Paul, Frank and Henry... Warburg is the link that binds the Aldrich system and the present system together. He more than any one man has made the system possible as a working reality.[10]

Good deeds are done in the light of day.

Secret proceedings indeed...

edit on 20-7-2012 by Ex_MislTech because: content

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I wonder what American agent will take his place?

West and East gonna be at major logger heads of this s*it.

A public coup---- LOL

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
www.jpost.com...

Its not going to happen. He is a leader, and im sure he will see it though to the end in slaying thoose rebel scum.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Didn't know it's been so long since ww2...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
There was little or no chivalry in the 2nd world war,and not so much in the 1st ww either!
You need to go back a bit.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I wonder what American agent will take his place?

Ssssssh, Western covert ops in Syria is a secret, just look at the dunderheads posting in this thread?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join