It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: The Real Situation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Ben81

I am going to S@F your Op even though in reality it leaves me sad and even more confused than I was before reading. For an honest person to make sense of the world theater it must take far more intelligence than I have.

I believe it's entirely appropriate to feel sadness at the gyrations of mentalities which appear hell-bent on violent confrontation. But I disagree with you in that I believe that it is exactly those who seek the plain truth who should be trying to 'make sense' of the world theater (great choice of words by the way).

There are those who are twisted enough to find this some kind of entertaining exercise, pitting people's against other peoples. There are those who don't care at all as long as their materialist gratification is not disturbed. There are those who would do anything in their power to reduce the equation to bad guys and good guys... (as if that were EVER true in war.)

It is not intelligence that will crack the puzzle, only honest inquiry and diligent scrutiny of every available fact we can verify. We have repeatedly seen the power play where:

1) people one group doesn't like has an enemy, be it rebellious citizens, disenfranchised minorities, or ancient blood-feuds

2) that group is given all the tools to escalate their protest to violence, be they money, weapons, man-power, or a platform to facilitate #3

3) urgent intervention is called-for because there is violence in the country, be it secular, religious, or other..

The strategy is both ancient and easily supported... when propaganda is available.
The more the violence escalates, the greater the opportunity to exploit your "target's" situation - which you are secretly fueling either directly or indirectly.

I still think this a global "play"... I suspect hat as usual, "the little people" will be the only losers here. Not that the media would actually report that, unless they were told to.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

"The enamy of my enamy is my friend"

This is only my opinion but it would seem that a movement started by al queda that has been reduced to a fraction of its self in the past years has found a friend in the MB and in so doing is literally using the west to rid the Arab countrys of "soft" Muslim types by helping them under the guise of ridding these countries of dictators, giveing the MB (and what appears to be there new found friends) the ability to take these countrys and install hardcore sharia laws to support there world agenda.

What a phenomenal feat by a group (al queda) that was supposed to be all but beaten to achieve such a coup of the west's idealogies giving the MB control of who knows how many Arab countrys when this is over, OH and there new found friends.

Like I said , just an opinion.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Have any of you been paying attention to the reports of concern about Syria's CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS not falling into the hands of terrorists ???

But Syria never had such a weapons platform.

Except if you back up and research now you will see the reports coming from EU Members back in 2002, 2003, that Russian Special Forces were Semi Trucking huge amounts of things from Baghdad Iraq into Syria during the lead up the war there.

The Weapons that Saddam could not destroy and hide were shipped to Syria. And more FYI the BAATH Party of Saddam was a child of the BAATH Party from the Former President Dictator of Syria.

What is Russia's reason for Syria? They have there on the coast the Only Russian Naval Meditteranean Base outside of the Black Sea, and they dont want to lose that. And they have quietly building several Nuclear Reactors for Medical / Weapons Upgrades in Syria. And China has been a backer of finances in this endeavor as well.

There is your Russia China influence.

If Syria completely falls apart, expect a Blitzkrieg Lightning Fast Attack by Israel over all of Lebanon and Southern Western Syria to exterminate known places of use of Hezbollah and some Hamas bases and forces that have been lobbing missiles at them repeatedly for a long time, but the drive by news media does not want to run those stories any more.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't even bother to read Ben's posts.To much anti-US and anti-Israel hate.

But Bennie...what about WAIT and see who WINS in Syria? Because, you know, WINNERS are ALWAYS...

...RIGHT!
edit on 20-7-2012 by Recollector because: *

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The lesson is appreciated. Some people think they know everything, I just don't and yet want to understand more fully so that I can begin to form a solid base to think independently in a world gone mad and where counterfeit thought is everywhere I go.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Syria is simply a demographic threat to Israel which we all know is under the wing of the U.S/Obama, check out this article.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Now what I believe is the U.S, among other pro Israel countries, are sitting back and adding full to the fire, one slaughter after another, to one day far from now invade and essentially save Syria's people. Right now the media is brain washing us into wanting this. I for one have shed many a tear over seeing the innocent being slaughtered so with or without an alternative agenda I do want it to end, sooner the better! So anyways with this salvation they are completely justifying the take down of the government/leader to protect the welfare of Israel, it is NOT to save the people of Syria. It's like an insurance policy Israel has taken out with the U.S. Do I think Assad is an innocent victim in all of this, no not at all, BUT he is definitely a pawn. A very important one at that. His days are numbered.

It's like the shooting in Colorado, the U.S gov is using orchestrated situation(s) to justify their actions later on down the road. To say "see we are protecting you, we are doing what's best for you" bla bla bla. More gun control, more "1984" kind of stuff is definitely in store for everyone. One thing I've realized is that nothing just happens for no reason.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
I don't even bother to read Ben's posts.To much anti-US and anti-Israel hate.

But Bennie...what about WAIT and see who WINS in Syria? Because, you know, WINNERS are ALWAYS...
...RIGHT!
edit on 20-7-2012 by Recollector because: *

winners are always right? that has to be one of the most stupid statements i've ever heard.

Do you ever wonder why people hate America and Israel so much? maybe it's because they think they have the right to invade any country they wish and take control of the world and kill unlimited amount of people.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Of course it is.

The religious intellectual giants in Syria were being murdered one by one ages ago, this too was blamed on Assad but the truth is that Assad, like Gadaffi was screaming bloody murder early in the game...why?

Assad, like all other dictators knew his end was coming but what he didn't want to see is his country being stolen and divided up into little pieces of a cake.

Many other sources have repeatedly claimed the so called rebel's are hired (by Israel and other groups) mercenaries who have little or no regard for the people of Syria - their only aim being to cause as much chaos as possible.

Why would they kill their own countrymen? Because they are not Syrian and Assad's forces were attacking barren towns (explaining why so many Syrians fled the country or towards Damascus.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Pravda is a good source- part of a well-balanced news reading. Izvestia is also very good. I read quite a few foreign news sources from all over and balance them against the US news to get a better perspective and insight, and sometimes they break important news stories first.

Great thread by the way ! Nice work, as usual for you. I do like reading your posts.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
reply to post by Ben81

Pravda is a good source- part of a well-balanced news reading. Izvestia is also very good. I read quite a few foreign news sources from all over and balance them against the US news to get a better perspective and insight, and sometimes they break important news stories first.

Great thread by the way ! Nice work, as usual for you. I do like reading your posts.

Thanks
that how i make thread
i listen neutraly to all side of a story then i make my opinion
and do what its right .. exposing lies that kill people
im disgusted by the news today
like CNN .. their slogan is "The MOST TRUSTED name in the news"

of course people will be brainwash especially if the truth is twisted to support only 1 side of a story
i feel its my duty to help people taking their heads off the sand
its hard to speak about that in real life lol
i have try to my mom and she .. let just me tell you she is obsessed by Top Model shows on TV
of people fighting other people .. this girl fall in love with this guy and then he go with another one

what a freakin waste of time and energy
its the same think with the ones watching jersey shore
now they are season 8 or something
but they cancel Stargate Universe after 2 season
the TV of today is the real weapon of mass destruction
it destroy the souls

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Frankly, so what if Al-Qaeda are involved in the FSA?

They may be the enemy of the West, but they are not the enemy of the Syrian people.

And if it helps to topple the regime...

This is like saying if the French and British invaded the norhern states when US was in a civil war with the south then the French and the British would not have been the enemy to the US citizens.

It is a civil war between Sunni groups against the rest of the population and they are gonna drive out all other population or make them 2ndclass citizens if they win instead of living in peace with the Shia and Christians. Because Sunni muslisms are a people that have been indoctrinated by their religon not to look beyond duality.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A alternative to the MSM story:
mint press
found mint press site down here's another linkfree republic

Report from Reporter Yahya Ababneh, with whom the report was written in collaboration, was the correspondent on the ground in Ghouta who spoke directly with the rebels, their family members, victims of the chemical weapons attacks and local residents.

Sounds like a truth to me. Anyone have any comments on this story?

EXCLUSIVE: Syrians In Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack

great information ? video
edit on 4-9-2013 by donlashway because: ad vid

more info on Bandahar Bush
edit on 4-9-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

However, from numerous interviews with doctors, Ghouta residents, rebel fighters and their families, a different picture emerges. Many believe that certain rebels received chemical weapons via the Saudi intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, and were responsible for carrying out the dealing gas attack. “My son came to me two weeks ago asking what I thought the weapons were that he had been asked to carry,” said Abu Abdel-Moneim, the father of a rebel fighting to unseat Assad, who lives in Ghouta. Abdel-Moneim said his son and 12 other rebels were killed inside of a tunnel used to store weapons provided by a Saudi militant, known as Abu Ayesha, who was leading a fighting battalion. The father described the weapons as having a “tube-like structure” while others were like a “huge gas bottle.” Ghouta townspeople said the rebels were using mosques and private houses to sleep while storing their weapons in tunnels. Abdel-Moneim said his son and the others died during the chemical weapons attack. That same day, the militant group Jabhat al-Nusra, which is linked to al-Qaida, announced that it would similarly attack civilians in the Assad regime’s heartland of Latakia on Syria’s western coast, in purported retaliation. “They didn’t tell us what these arms were or how to use them,” complained a female fighter named ‘K.’ “We didn’t know they were chemical weapons. We never imagined they were chemical weapons.”

edit on 4-9-2013 by donlashway because: ad quote

edit on 4-9-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join