It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 57
<< 54  55  56   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
just wanted to add, to better understand our universe, we can look at subatomic particles...

what does that have to do with anything? well. this is the essence of the spiritual force behind everything...

looking at particles reveals they are not isolated as most simplistic models in science try to explain, but that they are constantly reaching out to connect with other particles...it is a series of relationships...not isolation...

in the same way every living thing acts as these particles...

reaching out to make connections...with each other, with the world around us, and with a higher spiritual force...but we do it subconsciously all the time, so we dont have to be taught how to do it necessarily, just reminded...

this is the nature of the spiritual as well...

but the failed models of religion teach us to focus on self...when in fact the opposite is true...we dont have to focus on anything...we simply have to reach out and interconnect as we were meant to...

Jesus tried to point these things out again and again...what is often misinterpreted in his advice to render unto Caesar, is not that we should abide by taxes and laws and government, but be free...let the silly attachments of the world go...let Caesar have his silly denarii! we dont need it! instead we give the best of ourselves to each other, and in turn that is giving to the creator...those are the real transactions...the money is only a substitute and a poor one at that of a meaningful life...

he pointed to the animals who dont think or care about what they need, but just trust that what they need will be there...because animals dont live under these systems we have allowed ourselves to be involved in, they are truly living as they were meant to...we have long since forgotten how to live this way, ever since the western world set out to eradicate all the so called "primitive societies" that peppered the earth long ago...but native wisdom in many ways is just the same as Jesus true actions...taking only what they need, nothing more...respecting everyone...cherishing the children...in fact some even went as far as to think about the 7th generation out...what would be left for them? so is western religion and totalitarianism really the correct way? no, because it has deliberately gone out of its way to eradicate everything Jesus stood for and then try and forge his name...

Jesus never had a job...he didn't go around begging for money...he was not trying to convert people...he traveled the countryside with his friends and just did whatever, but most of the time it was conversation, interactions, kindness, living off the land in the truest sense, and just being all around good people...most of his actions have been misinterpreted by those who still want to hang on to the old Babylonian model of the creator as a dictator on a throne, issuing decrees and executing the disobedient...but he did not fit this model...

i find it funny how even though his life was completely carefree, that religion has tried to re-adorn him as a dictator who will come back a second time and completely act out of character from what he was the first time around...that makes absolutely no sense...none at all...

we complicate things too much in life on many levels, and dont think about the really important things

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

Jesus tried to point these things out again and again...what is often misinterpreted in his advice to render unto Caesar, is not that we should abide by taxes and laws and government, but be free...let the silly attachments of the world go...let Caesar have his silly denarii! we dont need it! instead we give the best of ourselves to each other, and in turn that is giving to the creator...those are the real transactions...the money is only a substitute and a poor one at that of a meaningful life...

Very nice point. Many still choose to be in the world, and claim they know God.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I did not choose to be in this world. I was brought here without being asked. The least recompense I would ask for such treatment is to choose my own allegiance and not be punished for it. I signed no agreement, I entered no contract, therefore, I have no obligations. So why should I act as though this life I have is the result of a boon I had no right to? I did not ask for this life, someone else gave it to me. Someone else chose to let me into this world.

I ask for the right to choose my own allegiance, instead of being demanded to give my soul to an entity who never gave me a choice to begin with. If Jesus is truly the only way, then I will MAKE another way, just to prove that the freedom to diverge can bear sweet fruit.

I did not choose to be here, but since I am here despite my wishes, then I claim my right to choice: I choose my own allegiance.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I did not choose to be in this world.

When I say choose the world, I meant choosing the world as in doing what society wants you to do. Fame, success, money, etc. Not that choosing you have described.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I choose to help others for others, instead of helping others so I can help myself. Perhaps I do it so I can find peace...that isn't a crime, or even remotely wrong. If I find peace in helping others, then perhaps I'm more sane than most people.

It would seem so; all the madness in the world comes from bargaining with the cruelties of life so that if we help others, we are rewarded. We do it for ourselves, and that's where the unhappiness comes from because we are never satisfied.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

It would seem so; all the madness in the world comes from bargaining with the cruelties of life so that if we help others, we are rewarded.

In my opinion, this is not of good. We shouldn't look to rewards or gains from helping others.

I see many people that are hurt and on the ground, and yet others will blindly walk past only thinking of themselves. It will take a disaster on a grand scale for people start to realize what's important.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

It would seem so; all the madness in the world comes from bargaining with the cruelties of life so that if we help others, we are rewarded.

It will take a disaster on a grand scale for people start to realize what's important.

As much as I dislike this notion,wish it didn't come down to this, and refuse to believe that only a cataclysmic event will make people realize what's important, I can see why this is. It took hurricane sandy for me yo finally meet my neighbors on a personal basis, which lead me to br disappointed because it took a disaster for this to happen. A lot of people disregard the suffering and pass by without a care, but I see why this. There's a theory that If one person doesn't do something, then it is assumed by the herd that no one will. With this in mind, individualistic effort is the main idea to change in the world and prophets of the 20th century, JFK, Ghandi, MLK Jr., have been warning us about this; we just haven't been listening.

edit on 24-12-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is a very bright truth.

In my opinion, this is not of good. We shouldn't look to rewards or gains from helping others.

I see many people that are hurt and on the ground, and yet others will blindly walk past only thinking of themselves. It will take a disaster on a grand scale for people start to realize what's important.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
According to what you just wrote, if it where a mathematical equation, it would equal to. "there is no actual right or wrong". This is in error. Your viewpoint is one of chaos. I too have shared your view at one time in life, but I discovered it was surely wrong. I hope you receive this revelation somehow. If you are able to calm your mind, and then really sat back and look at things, you can and will see that there are right/good ways, and wrong/bad ways. Sometimes the line isn't very clear, and in some situations things could be taken either way. Still, generally speaking, there are rights and wrongs to almost everything.

Originally posted by stupid girl

Is it possible with having a direct relationship with God, or choosing your own way to God, but being good?
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

God can only be known with a humble heart.
Doing it your own way is not humbleness, it is stubborn and prideful.

And no one is good. All human beings have done and will continue to do something wrong at one time or another.
Even people who may be considered "good", are considered such by the standards of mankind. The standards of which can be radically different from one culture, race, creed, etc., to another.

I think I'm "good" because I try to do right every day, but a radical Islamist believes that I and my children are infidels, worthy only of slaughter.

Orthodox Jews believe that I'm a polytheistic heretic.

Wiccans believe that I'm a judgmental, sanctimonious hypocrite.

Atheists believe that I'm a shallow, brainwashed product of my environment.

These are all general observations of my experience as a whole.
And just like in all actuality, I am nothing like the person they stereotype me as, there are also a select few among those beliefs that are not like their stereotype either.

Therefore, "good" is entirely and completely subjective and there is no universal standard of measurement for "good."
Even if there was, circumstance would be the next obstacle to overcome. Everyone's circumstances are perpetually adapting to every second of their existence and environment every single day of their lives.

That would mean that the hypothetical measurement of "goodness" would also have to be measured in identical circumstances and environment. And that is impossible.

So, being "good" is just something that makes us feel better about ourselves until we make the inevitable not "good" decision. Then the cycle will repeat itself....try to be good....do something mean, selfish or stupid and not good.....try to be good....do something mean, selfish or stupid and not good...... until we die.

For people who don't believe in God, pondering a deeper meaning and possible solution to that cycle doesn't matter because they don't care one way or the other. If it doesn't exist, then there's nothing to ponder. However, for some bizarre reason many of them amuse themselves by haunting the religion forums and harassing those that do...which seems utterly idiotic to me, but hey, whatever.

For all other religions and beliefs, they are left with justifying their particular standard of measurement of "good" and trying to come to some sort of agreement with all the others.
What is good for a Muslim would have to agree with what is good for a Jew.
What is good for a Hindu would have to agree with what is good with a Buddhist.
Then what the Muslim and Jew agreed upon (not...likely...ever...) would have to be agreed upon by the Hindu and Buddhist (good luck on getting a Brahmin Hindu to commiserate with an Untouchable caste-level Buddhist).

So, at the end of the day....or millennia....you are still left with the impassable task of reconciling the inherent nature of mankind's proclivity to "not good" with God's inherent and ineffable "good".

A reconciliation that, to be truly fair and truly just, would have to be equally available to all regardless of time, circumstance, age, culture, race, etc.
edit on 19-7-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
You should already know the answer to this, since you have personal contact with above.
At the very least, you should be able to find the answer in your books.

You are assuming this is my intent in posting this, it is surely not. I see we have nothing useful to add, as usual.
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

Do you really want to talk about what people think your intent is in posting this?

Jesus is God the Son, not "brother". Yes, He is the only way to be saved, to avoid eternal separation from God. There are many verses that support this truth, including the one you posted.

Again, do you want to talk about your intent? Honestly talk about that? Somehow, I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Actually no. Good life practices and even accepting love in your heart are the right paths. But remember even a psycho path like say a charles manson is not banned from salvation.

After all the all is all.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

edit on 10-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Utter silence towards my last post. What a surprise.

You cannot support your claims. If you could, you would have by now. You know what that makes you, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56   >>

join