It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Regrets From Dying People By Bronnie Ware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Came across this online and thought to share it with you guys here on ATS. Really got to live life without shame and don't doubt yourself its your day to be alive, not tomorrow or yesterday but now. wo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Top 5 Regrets From Dying People —-
For many years I worked in palliative care. My patients were those who had gone home to die. Some incredibly special times were shared. I was with them for the last three to twelve
weeks of their lives.
People grow a lot when they are faced with their own mortality. I learnt never to underestimate someone’s capacity for growth. Some changes were phenomenal. Each experienced a variety of emotions, as expected, denial, fear, anger, remorse, more denial and eventually acceptance. Every single patient found their peace before they departed though, every one of them.
When questioned about any regrets they had or anything they would do differently, common themes surfaced again and again. Here are the most common five:

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
This was the most common regret of all. When people realise that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made.
It is very important to try and honour at least some of your dreams along the way. From the moment that you lose your health, it is too late. Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it.

2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children’s youth and their partner’s companionship. Women also spoke of this regret. But as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence.
By simplifying your lifestyle and making conscious choices along the way, it is possible to not need the income that you think you do. And by creating more space in your life, you become happier and more open to new opportunities, ones more suited to your new lifestyle.

Source
edit on 18-7-2012 by Messier45 because: typoyoyo

Mod Edit: Quote trimmed, external source tags used. Please see Using external content on ATS Thank you - Jak
edit on 19/7/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
And I wish I didn't read that.

Now I feel like crap.

Thanks tho. Good reminder even if only 1% of us actually do something about it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Yeah, this did not help me at all.

Btw, this has been posted before. Just sayin.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Haha yeah sorta of the same here for me man but better to read it and hope you get a little something out of it. Reminds me of another thread on here about the things the smart people forget. Things like this need a lil action so you can at least get back some positive reaction. heres hoping

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Pepeluacho

ah there ya go, i should link it and end it here thanks man,
still if i get a couple of new poeple to read it no harm

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-7-2012 by Messier45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If you are living in illusions, lies, and deceptions, it may feel comfortable to live that way and extremely uncomfortable to live in truth or even to express truth.

Once you start, it becomes easier and easier so those who feel "stuck" in lies, do not worry, it will get better.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I don't know who comes up with nonsense like this. Some sentimental twerp, I suppose.

The #1 regret of dying people, all over the world, is

I wish I'd had more sex.

Obviously.

edit on 19/7/12 by Astyanax because: the big letters didn't work.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'm glad i don't live my life on "wishful" thinking. You only live once.....so....LIVE!!! It's the one thing...TPTB don't want you to do. They don't want you to live "freely". They want you to "wish". Stop WISHING. Make it HAPPEN! Leave nothing on the table, before you leave this planet!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
I'm glad i don't live my life on "wishful" thinking. You only live once.....so....LIVE!!! It's the one thing...TPTB don't want you to do. They don't want you to live "freely". They want you to "wish". Stop WISHING. Make it HAPPEN! Leave nothing on the table, before you leave this planet!

Yes, definitely! You do have a soul and you WILL experience and after-life, but they lie when they say that this world means nothing and you should just be focused on a savior or heaven.

Live! Have fun, brighten up someones day!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I am free from these 5 regrets!

However, I still have some things I want to do that would make me regret not doing.
edit on 19-7-2012 by timerty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

How do you know we only live once?

JAK

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
As has been pointed out, thanks Pepeluacho, this topic is already available for discussion here:
Please visit the above thread for further information and comment.

Thank you,

Jak

top topics

join