It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Revolution: Could complete biggest upset in GOP history

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
As Mittens continues to refuse releasing his tax returns, hides his money offshore and defends his time at Bain, there still remains a little over a month before the GOP convention in Tampa.
Santorum and Gingrich delegates may be having second thoughts now that rule 38 has been acknowledge to be in full effect.
And there is the case by those lawyers for liberty taking all the fraud from the states primarys to court.

I still think Mittens will be out before the convention, I don't think the GOP wants to go down with Mittens, they have big plans for 2016.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm thinking that any unbound delegates might be second thinking their votes for Mitt.

He's becoming incredibly unpopular in the GOP right now. Not sure that this will be a big boone for Ron Paul.

What's the betting that Sarah Palin will show up to the convention completely uninvited? I'll bet that she has a bus tour that "just happens to be in the same place at the same time". The word to the press will be that "this is a complete coincidence", just like when she was giving speeches when candidates she didn't like were announcing their candidacy for President.

The idea that the only tax return he has already released is incomplete, and that he's refusing to release any others, is ludicrous.

The longer he goes refusing to release this info, even in the face of requests from senior members of his own party, the worse he's going to look.

What's really sad is that people are going to vote for him anyway, simply because he's "not Obama".

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I would very, very much enjoy debates between Ron Paul and Barack Obama.

I will however quit watching this reality-tv show of an electoral process if Romney continues to be pushed as the Republican candidate.

After watching everyone screaming and giggling when Obama was elected (I lived in San Francisco during the time, everyone thought War was over or something.) --- I don't know if I can muster the attention span for more outright bull #.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I agree with you. I was thinking maybe the GOP wants Mittens out of the party before 2016 when all the GOP big
guns run. Mittens finding a V.P. is look pretty slim when noone wants the job. I wonder why ?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

I will however quit watching this reality-tv show of an electoral process if Romney continues to be pushed as the Republican candidate.

After watching everyone screaming and giggling when Obama was elected (I lived in San Francisco during the time, everyone thought War was over or something.) --- I don't know if I can muster the attention span for more outright bull #.

If your reason for quitting watching is that Romney continues to be pushed as the candidate, surprised you didn't quit back in November 2011.

Romney has been forced down GOP voters' throats since before other candidates even announced their candidacy, at least in 2007/2008 we had a decent fight that went right down to the wire with Obama / Clinton. and they made it INTERESTING.

This year's GOP convention is going to be a snore fest, unless delegates realize the level of hatred from within their own party for Romney and switch at the last minute to another candidate.

If they switch, they don't necessarily have to pick another person who was running, they could pick ANYONE who is qualified under the rules of the Constitution. Sarah Palin, Donald Trump, Ron Paul, Tim Pawlenty, Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity could all be nominated at the last minute.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

They would never ever let RP debate against Obama, they wouldn't want O to look stupid in front of everybody....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I agree with you. I was thinking maybe the GOP wants Mittens out of the party before 2016 when all the GOP big
guns run. Mittens finding a V.P. is look pretty slim when noone wants the job. I wonder why ?

None of the people that would help his ticket would get anywhere near it, and any of the people that want on the ticket will just make it that much more bland or even distasteful!

I don't think the power behind the GOP will let him off the hook though. They want him to go up and flop to Obama, because they want all this headache to land back on the Dems. The false recovery can't last another 4 years, and they don't want a GOPer in office when it comes crashing back down.

The only exception would be Ron Paul, because he would make the hard course corrections that would not only crash the current status quo, but ACTUALLY put us on the road to recovery, and it would be readily apparent even to us little people long before 2016 rolled around.

The GOP cannot risk either of those things. They can't let Paul in office to pull the curtain off the wizard, and they can't let Romney get in there and take the fall when this thing crashes. They have to make sure Obama wins again, and the Republicans take the Senate, and the rudder breaks off the ship, and we all hit the iceberg together and blame it on the black guy.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
If they switch, they don't necessarily have to pick another person who was running, they could pick ANYONE who is qualified under the rules of the Constitution. Sarah Palin, Donald Trump, Ron Paul, Tim Pawlenty, Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity could all be nominated at the last minute.

So... Any "Not Obama" whose skeletons are buried deeply enough that they could not be found before the election. Never mind that Tim Pawlenty killed four hookers one crazy August night, or that Sarah Palin has had a crayon lodged in her brain for 30 years.

As long as no one connects the dots before November.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Originally posted by babybunnies

So... Any "Not Obama" whose skeletons are buried deeply enough that they could not be found before the election. Never mind that Tim Pawlenty killed four hookers one crazy August night, or that Sarah Palin has had a crayon lodged in her brain for 30 years.

As long as no one connects the dots before November.

Jeb.

BUT, I don't think Jeb will fall for it. They might pick a Pawlenty or Palin or Christie or Jindal, but those folks would lose even bigger than Romney will. Jeb could put up a fight, but its too late in the game to win, and Jeb doesn't want to be in office in 2013 when we hit the wall.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You make a good point --- and actually yes, once I saw my buddy Dr. Paul start getting the ol' black ball my interest began to dissipate.

Really enjoyed his speeches, I didn't just agree with his rhetoric --- he actually educated me in areas I was otherwise ignorant to. As I've always been pretty general minded regarding elections (as in "They're all fake").

I really wasn't interested in the Obama election reality show, to be honest. Hilary was/is psychotic, McCain was/is a war monger, leaving Obama who danced and sang all the right notes. To hell with solutions, people just wanted to hear "Yes we can" --- definitely an egotistical slogan at this point.

Fact is, Ron Paul would really stir things up --- hell, he already has just by getting any media attention at all.
Still impressed with the guy --- even if I am for women's rights to a fair abortion - Obama = no rights to a fair trial ala NDAA.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
You Ron Paul sheep never get tired of posting the same crap? Show me the latest poll showing Conservatives hate Romney. Thanks.

www.examiner.com...

Romney and Obama are dead even, and this with the MSM aiding Obama. Only ship that has people going overboard is Obama's.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
You Ron Paul sheep never get tired of posting the same crap? Show me the latest poll showing Conservatives hate Romney. Thanks.

www.examiner.com...

Romney and Obama are dead even, and this with the MSM aiding Obama. Only ship that has people going overboard is Obama's.

you never get tired of going into every Ron Paul thread and spouting the same old bs.

(yawn) you bore me.

This will be the biggest upset- and the constant downplaying of it is what is really going to make is that much more memorable. Mostyl because of ignorant people who believes everything the boogeyman tells them.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I can't wait to hear the excuse for him not winning even though independent polls will show his overall public support. If he is elected, I can't wait to hear what excuse they will give when he is assassinated by the criminal entities within government.

I can't wait for nothing to change again by the legal and civil avenues.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Maybe you would like to offer actual evidence that contradicts the FACTS I have posted. What percent of the popular vote did Paul get by the way?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

They would never ever let RP debate against Obama, they wouldn't want O to look stupid in front of everybody....

Its beginning to look like they don't have a choice.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian

You're right, they don't have a choice. Romney already has the delegates and is the nominee. Ron Paul will speak at the RNC, and will not debate Obama, they don't have a choice as Ron Paul lost.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Davian

You're right, they don't have a choice. Romney already has the delegates and is the nominee. Ron Paul will speak at the RNC, and will not debate Obama, they don't have a choice as Ron Paul lost.

If he'd lost then he wouldn't be speaking at the RNC in the first place.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Ah , Romney's Delagates have to Actually Vote for him First at the Convention before you can say he Is the Nominee . How Many of them Might be Having " Second Thoughts " Right About Now ? .....Hmm........

edit on 23-7-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Gee, whats that word the MSM uses when their talking about Mittens being the nominee ?
"PRESUMPTIVE !"
Look it up .

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
And their presumption is going to be

incorrect...
edit on 23-7-2012 by Davian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join