It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smash Mob at Walmart

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I saw this posted as another title and it was shut down. Understandably. I don't think this was about race. I think this was about crime. Vandalism. These kids, possibly came from a party that was shut down by the police and didn't want to stop, so they kept it going. This time by stealing, by vandalism, and by fear. They fed off of it.

Smash Mob

Whether it’s for an extravagant proposal or just a sing-a-long surprise, entertaining flash mobs typically lift people’s spirits. However, a flash mob in Florida on Saturday night was decidedly more sinister. A gang of about 300 teenagers mobbed a Wal-Mart in Jacksonville where they ran wild, destroyed $1,500 of property, started a food fight and fired gun-shots, according to police reports.

I don't know about you, but if firing a gun doesn't inspire fear, I don't know what does.

Investigation: Police believe that the massive group could have come on from an out-of-control party that the police broke up earlier in the night

To them, they didn't want their fun to end. They wanted to continue being little bastards all night and ruin everyone else's night. Luckily, some of those bastards video taped it and gave a lasting impression. Thank you bastards. Now the police can find you, and arrest you, and you can rat out all your little bastard buddies.

Thankfully, no one was injured. This little "melee" lasted no more than 3 minutes if you'll believe that. Unreal the damage kids can cause in no time flat. But then, most parents already know this. LOL

Shall we go to the tape?

edit on 7/18/2012 by happyhomemaker29 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/18/2012 by happyhomemaker29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You dont have to be politically correct. Race played a big factor in this story.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I just warned her that the site may shut her thread down. Please use common sense when commenting and keep the racist remarks obsolete. ...

This is why she said she quit ATS, because I tell her not to post this stuff or her postings get removed.
It's my fault. Again. Nothing new.

edit on 18-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

Do we have to do this again? It just got shut down in the other thread.

Give it a rest already, please!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If 300 mexicans did this, it would be a huge story about illegals causing trouble in America. But since its black people, foxnews, cnn and even ATS is afraid of being seen as racist.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
We are all brothers and sisters. We were put on this planet for reason, we have most definitely, lost our way.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yet i do not blame the general population for this, but a select minority of twisted bastards, call them rich trolls aha

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
before barack obama was elected this would have been impossible.

this is about race not racism. about freedom not crime.

there was time and probably still is in some parts of america, where a single black person can't walk into a walmart let alone 300.

where if that person was black, he would be apprehended and detained on suspicion of shoplifting, then released and barred from ever going again.

on a side note, i have been to a walmart on labor day and seen way more than 300 white people, but no one even batted an eyelash. they were called shoppers.

what you are witnessing in the video is called freedom and the elation that comes from experiencing it.

be happy for them and your country.

edit on 18-7-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
this racism bussiness is getting on my nerves.There is an issue today in melbourne australia over a horses name, now in this country Blackman is a common surname, but a horse cant be named that because when the callers of the races call the horses name it will sound racist where is all this red tape taking us?.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
In order to keep this thread open we must keep race out of the equation, regardless if it matters or not.

The youths were wrong in doing this. Blame it on the parents. I remember reading an update on the news after the first thread was shut down the the reason that the youths raided the walmart was because the police shut down their party due to someone shooting someone in the leg. Think about it, 300 youths! thats a couple hundred parents that probably didn't know where there children were. SMH.

BTW, this is a cultural issue.
edit on 18-7-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I see out of control kids doing bad things. They are old enough to know better, but do they really know better?
I think that the parents are primarily to blame. There is a culture of lawlessness that exists in our country today, but proper parenting would make that culture disappear.

Some people want to blame society, but it is the parents job to raise their children to know right from wrong.

Now, what to do with a segment of society that has been raised without regard for rules and order? Throwing them in prison doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Tried to do something didn't work.

So never mind on my whole post.
edit on 7/18/2012 by theduke269 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I tend to think it was brought out throught social networking such as face book. Whether black white or whatever I did not see any violence or theft in video. Walmart sucks and people should do this everyday IMHO.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
So they seem to think it`s because their party got busted up. I`m more inclined to believe the party was for this to be the end no matter what already.
What someone do just scream lets raid WalMart with the cops breaking up the party? It had to have already been the nights plan.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Race is not to blame, it's today's youth. No respect & out of control. Of course I am generalising
there are many great & respectful young people, who in no way be involved in this type of behaviour. But as a whole they are lacking something, strange creatures are the youth of today.

Oh what a minute - doesn't every generation through out the yrs not understand the next!! I must be getting old

edit on 18-7-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It is the parents... with the "it takes a village" mentality. I see it in my neighborhood! People down the street let there 3 year old roam around by himself. They expect "the village" or us, the neighbors to keep an eye on there kid for them. Well, the other day this little kid ruined my neighbors new patio furnature, left the gate open to their back yard (twice in a week) and left the hose running (3 days in a row). He also was hitting my neighbors truck with a toy golf club. SMH. So, yeah, the majority of the blame lays with the parents. I told the mom btw, i told her that she needs to be out with her child, he's only 3 and she started crying saying she's a bad parent. The child hasn't been outside since. Poor kid.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Now, what to do with a segment of society that has been raised without regard for rules and order? Throwing them in prison doesn't work.

As a parent myself I say we start holding the parents responsible, at least for repeat offenders. Don't slap a fine on them, give them a warning the first time their child gets into trouble, and I mean something not minor, and the second time give the parent(s) 24hrs in a holding cell. That's the only thing I can come up with

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Exactly , it's mostly parenting. Only the other week I had to slow to a stop while driving for a 3/4 yr old. Who continued to pull their pants down and "moon" me !!! No parents in sight, no respect.
I'm sure in my day it would have been a kick up the arse. If one of my children managed to do this, it would be.
Sad really

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

It is the parents...

Not quite... It's the LACK of parents! Of the three hundred kids involved, I'd be willing to bet that very few of them have fathers actively involved in their upbringing.

See ya,
Milt

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join