It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent changes in me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have noticed over the course of this year that I have changed a lot, emotionally and spiritually. I have been a statue as far as feelings for the better part of my life, now I am only twenty-two. I was raised the way pretty much every boy is raised, don't cry or show your feelings or you are a wuss or you are pathetic. And also life experiences have scared me and left me callous. But as of recent, say couple of months, I have been more empathetic and sometimes I just tear up over things I would NEVER have in the past. The other week I was watching James Cameron's Avatar, probably my favorite movie ever, but I started tearing up when it showed the big tractor destroying the forest ( after Jack Sulley and Neytiri mate for life) and it pans to Tsu'tey, and you can tell he is raging but also extremely sad. Or when Hometree is obliterated by the humans and you can see genuine sorrow in the eyes of the Na'vi. I have watched Avatar a bunch of times, but this time, watching the complete destruction of nature without a care in the world, hurt me deep. I know this is kinda a rant, but I have seen a few threads here and there that have been about enlightenment and one of the signs is feeling emotional due to finally unblocking emotions, so I figured Philosophy was a good start. Say what you will, but I would forsake everything human, if I could be like the Na'vi.
edit on 18-7-2012 by stolski21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yea... go talk to native Americans...

Cause Cameron pretty much ripped off their life story for that movie, could probably tell you about living in harmony with nature better than a movie.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Hmm well I do not know if he ripped off anyone of their life story, but I would love to visit the Native Americans of the west. To hear their origin stories and to generally be apart of their life-style would be amazing.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stolski21

Ride the wave and when it is cresting... see if you can fly.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Beautiful

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sounds to me you are growing up.. spiritually, and emotionally.. It's called empathy my friend.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stolski21

Congratulations....

Enjoy discovering your empathy. It is wonderful, yet painful at times. You'll see everything in life in a new way. The good and the bad. But, you are now capable of adding to the good, by using your new found ability, to make the bad better.

Bright Blessings.....

Des

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I didn't mean it to sound like Avatar woke me up to the atrocities that happen to nature. Only recently did I really start follow Gaianism and start to incorporate it's base teachings into my life, though that was more brought on by real life events but Avatar is one of many anchors and jumping off points. It has a lot that can be and SHOULD be taken in and people should learn from it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Well Des, I have enjoyed it. I use to be the epitome of anger and destruction. I was always mad and breaking something. But now I more relaxed and see that anger is like a slow poison. i find myself more enthralled with nature and space now. And techvamp, i guess I am growing up

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That's so honest of you and compassionate even if digital lol,

Allow the clearing, and when you can cry because youve burned up all worries of what others have done to you in the past, then cry cos you at last have forgiven Yourself washed of guilt....to...then..

You will be home son.

Love

Elf

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Well it has been backed up for 90% of my life, hopefully I won't cry myself dry
But on a little more serious note, I am glad to see there are people here that are encouraging, most I have seen are rather, well not

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Empathy and compassion, feel it, be sensible to suffering, and you feel alive and connected to the universe.

Really beautiful.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Thanks for the words of wisdom, but I try to be as empathetic and caring as I can be, or as much as my emotions will let me. Sorry for the long delays in replies, at work so I can't have ATS up all the time.

top topics

join