It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People wasting there lives i.e drug addicts ..alcoholics..scum bags etc..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

I've dealt with more problems that you could ever know!! i was never stupid enough or weak enough to think " ill drink myself into a mess cus that will help"...im glad your recovered well done.

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

Obviously, you really have no idea what you're talking about. It is impossible to accurately describe a place, if you have never actually been there.

Speaking from personal experience: Life was much more enjoyable, back when I self-medicated myself. It has been a few years now, since those days. I have given it time, waiting it out, with the hopes that a change would eventually come. Alas, it has not.

Even though I am still waiting, I cannot foresee it happening. Throughout this entire time, during which I have not self-medicated, I have undeniably wasted every single day. I know that I am continuing to waste my life. I also know that there are really only 2 options for me to choose from, in order to climb out of this rut that I have fallen into.

Option A: End it all.
Option B: Go back to self-medicating myself, and actually enjoy life once again.

Now here's the kicker: Even though I know all of that↑, I just do not care.

I guess that if I were to use your twisted logic, I should just go ahead and execute 'Option A', as soon as possible.

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

I don't drink smoke or do illegal drugs.......
You don't always use commas either, but I won't hold that against you.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Don't be sorry for having your opinion !

Im not on a high horse at all just say it as i see it...

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Then your very weak minded and any amount of help would not work for you ....

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

Actors I like Tom Hardy, people i look up to are Malcolm X, MLK....singers i like alot of different people....from Jonny Cash to Coldplay.

E

Here is a good example of you ignorance. I myself am a fan of Tom Hardy. Did you know he was a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. The fact that he comes from a privileged background made his recovery easier than most. If he had not have had that support he would probably have been one of the people you are moaning about.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I've dealt with more problems that you could ever know!! i was never stupid enough or weak enough to think " ill drink myself into a mess cus that will help"...im glad your recovered well done.

Thankyou for proving, without a shadow of a doubt, that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Oh yes you are, an extremely tall horse.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by TinkerHaus

If you don't know the difference between having beer with your steak and sitting in town stooped over the benches being sick or the drugs that force you to rob your family to get your next fix then google it as the info i could post would take me ten years and fill the forum a thousand times over .

E

I know the difference, you painted the picture I'm commenting on. I'm asking if YOU know the difference.

Nothing forces you to rob your family. If we see examples of people who use something like alcohol, or whatever, for responsible recreation or a medical use, who can hold a job and actually do pretty well for themselves, or all of the very creative people who obviously use to tap into an area where they can create all this wonderful music, art, movies, etc.. Obviously there is a line between the "scumbags" and the regular, responsible people.

I'm only trying to get you to either realize or acknowledge that line, whatever your case may be. Additionally, if we have examples of responsible people who know what "enough" is and don't what you are condemning we can pretty safely assume it's not the substance that is the problem, but the personality type that allows the substance to take over their lives.

Explicit content - DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THE "F" WORD OR RELEVANT CONVERSATION!!!!

edit on 17-7-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by skro85

They effect everyone of us ....at best they just take up money that could be used to help people in genuine need and at there worst there thieving robbing raping murders....

E

link   

How utterly ridiculous. Where are you coming up with this nonsense? Oh, that's right, you're on a very tall horse so the air must be thinner up there. It's the only reason I can think of for this astonishing lack of anything resembling logic or intelligence.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

How so ??

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I am a recovering alcoholic and I say that because you are never recovered . I've been sober for 4 and a half years and the last year of my drinking was hell . I was very close to being on the street , my family disowned me , my job was on the line and I was financially , spiritually , physically , mentally broke ! I did not wake up one morning and decide this was the life I wanted , it was a slow painful progression and I didn't see it coming ! Street drugs will take you down but at a much quicker pace , I'm sure the street people you're speaking of didn't wake up one morning and decide they wanted to stick needles in their arms and live on the street for the rest of their days ! I've heard some very sad and trajic stories in AA and NA over the years and I've met some Amazing people who are lifelong friends now ! If our governments spent a fraction of the money they collect in taxes from the sales of alcohol and tobacco on education and treatment facilities we would see a different picture!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Thankyou for proving, without a shadow of a doubt, that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Oh yes you are, an extremely tall horse.

Hello bud, off topic but new RedDwarf in a few months.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Is that the best you have got, so im sick of seeing these wastes of space utterly messing up there lives and because i open my mouth im "on a high horse" ok if thats what you think .....cool

I respect your right to have an opinion ....your wrong though!

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

E
[color=FFC336]You're

Just curious: Did you already forget that you said this↓?

I speak the truth ...im on no high horse....

[color=FFC336]The excessive manner in which you have continued expressing your own ignorance, and self-inflated ego, is not very flattering. As already stated: You obviously know nothing about this particular topic.

edit on 7/17/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Everyone bow down and cover your eyes in the light of such holiness that we may never witness in our lives again!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CallYourBluff

Hello bud, off topic but new RedDwarf in a few months.

I don't think it's off-topic at all, how can something be off-topic when the subject isn't really a decent topic to begin with?

And yes, the Boyz from the Dwarf are back this year, hence the avatar

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I think you need to educate yourself , seems im not the only person thats disgusted by your attitude towards others ESP when you have NO IDEA how it feels to be them.

maybe you need to re-look at your rant and ask yourself what the f*cking point is.

i think you will find that unfortunality some people ARE forced to do drugs, so you never heard of the people trafficking young girls at the age of 13 and forcing drugs on them???..... I dont know what fluffy pink rainbow world you live in but it certainly not the real one.

edit on 17-7-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sorry but this thread is either a complete attention seeking troll thread or coming from an adult with low cognitive abilities or hopefully, a child with a lot to learn.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Just so im clear on no saying people on the street with no home are the scum bags there are some really nice honest people that don't touch drugs or alcohol that are homeless and they would get my help at the drop of a have.....but not the people who looking for the fast easy ways out..

most of the scum bags im talking about have homes etc..

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Is that the best you have got,

I could stay here all night presenting facts to obliterate your ridiculous nonsense.

so im sick of seeing these wastes of space utterly messing up there lives

So don't look. Shut your eyes then and pretend the world is a rosy place filled with butterflies and lollypops. I guarantee you that nobody who is worth listening to will take any notice of you, but do it all the same to make yourself feel better

and because i open my mouth im "on a high horse" ok if thats what you think .....cool

Opening your mouth is OK, spewing diatribe and nonsense that only serves to make you look like a complete wanker is not.

I respect your right to have an opinion ....your wrong though!

That would be YOUR opinion. Not a very good one, but an opinion none the less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join