It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban bans polio vaccinations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Taliban bans polio vaccinations

www.independent.co.uk

A senior Taliban commander has effectively banned polio eradication in one of the most troubled areas of the Pakistan frontier in an effort to force the US to end drone strikes.

Leaflets distributed in South Waziristan on behalf of Mullah Nazir, the leader of the Federally Administered Tribal Agencies (Fata) accused health workers who administer anti-polio drops of being US spies
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com[/ url]
[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun/26/taliban-bans-polio-vaccinations]www.guardian.co.uk

worldnews.msnbc.msn.c om
articles.nydailynews.com[edit by]edit on 17-7-2012 by demonologist842012 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jul 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: to correct source title

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The taliban has announced to put a ban on the polio immunization campaign in order to protest U.S. drone air strikes against them. This ban puts over 240,000 Pakistan children at risk for polio and other types of diseases caused from polio. The taliban in pakistan believes this also to be spies and plans to protest this until the U.S. no longer uses drone strikes.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I suggest the entire anti-vaccine crowd relocate to Pakistan and finally find the freedom they were looking for for so long.

edit on 17-7-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I suggest the entire anti-vaccine crowd relocate to Pakistan and finally find the freedom they were looking for for so long.

i don't think people want to live in a place where bombs are constantly crashing down and killing everyone...

as for vaccines, some are important, like the polio vaccine. im not saying they are safe, because any vaccine could be that "bad one" or that "government secret evil random etc. one"

what bothers me most is how pharmaceutical companies use terror tactics to strike fear into the population so they all rush to get vaccinated for the new strain of man/bear/pig/bird mutant super flu.

as soon as a baby is born, the doctors are already planning, OK hmmm gotta get that baby vaccinated for ****ing everything!!!! they don't realize how much they are probably hurting that baby, how massive the risk may be for something bad to happen to a perfectly healthy human being that might not even need those in the first place.

every single year "OH NO EVERYONE BE VERY AFRAID NEW SUPER CHICKEN FLU, DON'T EAT CHICKEN SOUP TO FEEL BETTER!!!!" so everyone goes to get vaccinated, putting who knows what into their bodies.

the world would be a better place if the pharmaceutical companies could actually be trusted to care about people more than they care about money.

peace.

edit on 17-7-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
man i wish i didnt have to get vaccinations. ill risk disease over venom and chips. as for the drone strikes, pretty sad situation that we use drones. imagine if you were at ur son's litle league game, out of nowhere a drone flys by and blows up everyone on the field. how pissed would you be? the news would tell you that there were suspected terrorists in the dugout.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You beat me to the punchline Boncho.

It Looks like Pakistan will be investing some of that U.S. aid money on stocking their soon to be children's polio wards with new iron lungs.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I have a better idea. How about we take all the ignoramuses in North America (yourself included) and send them to Pakistan. Being stupid enough to not research what exactly goes into vaccinations these days is not a virtue, but a lack thereof.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
man i wish i didnt have to get vaccinations. ill risk disease over venom and chips. as for the drone strikes, pretty sad situation that we use drones. imagine if you were at ur son's litle league game, out of nowhere a drone flys by and blows up everyone on the field. how pissed would you be? the news would tell you that there were suspected terrorists in the dugout.

i feel for them too. there are lots of nice people over there too, and they don't deserve getting blown to bits over one guy with an evil beard or something.

#1 way to stop ALL terrorists.

all soldiers hold hands and walk in a big line across the entire continent.

the line is impenetrable, and nobody can go to the other side unless they are checked for terrorist stuff.

every single house/ shed/ hole/ cave, is checked, marked, documented.

all the soldiers take a break every day, set up tents, and sleep.

wake up, and continue.

instead of spending so much money on bombs, they should buy solar powered cameras, and install them everywhere, and hire fat lazy guys in america to sit at home and watch the surveillance videos for the safety of america.

(be aware they will all have big mine sweepers with a big stick on the end so they can hold it far in front of them, so that none of them get blown up unexpectedly.)

eventually, the soldiers will make it to the other side, having caught several terrorists and suspects for interrogation (hopefully nonviolent) and with all the cameras set up, everyone will be safer, and nobody has to die, or at least not as many as with whats going on now.

the people of the country should also be aware that soldiers will be doing that, so that they are not stressed out, and wont be surprised, and try to fight even if they are just normal people.

the line will pass them, and etc.

??????????

profit.

peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by boncho

I have a better idea. How about we take all the ignoramuses in North America (yourself included) and send them to Pakistan. Being stupid enough to not research what exactly goes into vaccinations these days is not a virtue, but a lack thereof.

As the vast majority of the American public understand the importance of modern vaccination programs I think it would be easier to send the minority of ignoramuses who are too stupid to vaccinate their children to Pakistan so they don't unnecessarily infect any of the properly cared for American children with their preventable diseases.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow we were just talking about this in another thread, Polio not the Towlie-ban.

Anyway, send those dudes megadoses of Vitamin C, which cures Polio in a few days time with full recovery.

Google Frederick R. Klenner, M.D., and throw those vaccines in the trash.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Or... we could just stop bombing people for their differing beliefs... just a thought.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

I do believe Americans should quit spending so much money for nothing and take that money and use it for the people of America. There is a lot of money spent on those drones, a lot of money spent on the bombs made and many other things that are not needed. Banning polio vaccine will probably not stop U.S. drone strikes, only make them much worse but i say as long as no one is bothering us then why blow them up. That is the same thing the terrorist are doing am i correct?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

You, sir, need to go read a book or watch a documentary (at least one, that's all I ask) on the topic before just making broad insults at the only people that actually realise that most vaccinations are statistically linked with infant mortality rates, birth defects and autism. See, know what that was? That was what we call a proper argument. Maybe you should learn a thing or two before trying to start a debate with someone who really does know their stuff. The first of which should be what a proper argument consists of. Namely, you cannot call people idiots without any facts to back up your reasoning and expect me to think you have any maturity or knowledge whatsoever. That just shows me that you reject the notion outright. My mother was a nurse who still believes in vaccinations (who also gave me all her old textbooks) so I have quite a firm grasp on the topic. Care to debate any actual points or are you just gonna stand up there on that soapbox and thumb your nose at those more knowledgeable than yourself?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Seriously let's just bomb them with oranges.

We'll get a two-fer.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You, sir, need to go read a book or watch a documentary (at least one, that's all I ask) on the topic before just making broad insults at the only people that actually realise that most vaccinations are statistically linked with infant mortality rates, birth defects and autism. See, know what that was? That was what we call a proper argument. Maybe you should learn a thing or two before trying to start a debate with someone who really does know their stuff. The first of which should be what a proper argument consists of. Namely, you cannot call people idiots without any facts to back up your reasoning and expect me to think you have any maturity or knowledge whatsoever. That just shows me that you reject the notion outright. My mother was a nurse who still believes in vaccinations (who also gave me all her old textbooks) so I have quite a firm grasp on the topic. Care to debate any actual points or are you just gonna stand up there on that soapbox and thumb your nose at those more knowledgeable than yourself?

Save your garbage for the next gullible idiot.

Polio is nearly eradicated but because of idiots that read some pseudo science crap on the Internet suddenly believe they are smarter than 300 years of medical science it will be making a big comeback soon.

My grandfather had polio as a child. He was lucky, it only crippled him.

I hope you someday have the pleasure of this conversation with your own kid, you can explain to them the reason they will never walk again is because you were smarter than the doctors.

Hopefully you are still a child yourself and have some hope of being educated about your total ignorance, just do us all a favour and stop pushing your Internet educated vaccine nonsense on others. Somebody might be dull-witted enough to believe you and lose their kid to this disease.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

You beat me to it! I was going to say that some of the US population thinks the vaccine administrators are spies too!

This seems like a Pakistan problem, not a US problem. If Pakistan wants to protect their children, then the Pakistan government needs to get the Taliban out of business and enforce the Pakistani laws, and protect the Pakistani children. The US does not need to be involved in this issue in any way. The drone strikes are an entirely different subject than the vaccinations.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Really, aren't the doctors with the needles performing "drone strikes" as well?

I mean... let's break down the words a second.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Save your garbage for the next gullible idiot.

Polio is nearly eradicated but because of idiots that read some pseudo science crap on the Internet suddenly believe they are smarter than 300 years of medical science it will be making a big comeback soon.

My grandfather had polio as a child. He was lucky, it only crippled him.

I hope you someday have the pleasure of this conversation with your own kid, you can explain to them the reason they will never walk again is because you were smarter than the doctors.

Hopefully you are still a child yourself and have some hope of being educated about your total ignorance, just do us all a favour and stop pushing your Internet educated vaccine nonsense on others. Somebody might be dull-witted enough to believe you and lose their kid to this disease.

As I've already said and doctors have already proven, megadoses of Vitamin C can cure Polio outright, and reverse even heavy stages of paralysis.

None of that is Pseudoscience, it just doesn't make much money for Pharma co's. Sorry your g'father had Polio, nutrition was a problem back then and one must realize that was a contributor.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Again with the emotional babbling. You mention one vaccine only. I am talking about all vaccines. Again, state your case or just stop talking. I didn't ask you for your life story and a tongue-lashing. I merely stated before, like I am now, that you need to grow up and do the research before getting all high and mighty about a topic that you know nothing about. A doctor's job is not to cure disease, as that is not profitable in the least. A doctor's job is to manage the symptoms, which is extremely profitable. You clearly know nothing about Big Pharma, and you obviously know nothing about me, so how about you just go put your head back in the sand.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Wow we were just talking about this in another thread, Polio not the Towlie-ban.

Anyway, send those dudes megadoses of Vitamin C, which cures Polio in a few days time with full recovery.

Google Frederick R. Klenner, M.D., and throw those vaccines in the trash.

does mega doses of vitamin C actually cure polio????? O_O

how does it do it??

how much do you need?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join