It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Bigley Escaped Prior to Execution

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I honestly hope that these reports are false...if they aren't then it only proves the case stronger that these "martyr's" are in fact cold blooded murderers.

I believe in Karma and i dont think too many good things are going to happen to those hostage takers

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

bushblows
To say Bush and Blair aren't somewhat to blame for all this is a bit daft, though. They are fueling al qaeda's Jihad by keeping troops in Iraq.

Better they have troops in Iraq than have wholescale massacre all over the world because Al- qaeda's aim is to conquer the world. Blair is not responsible for Bigley's (apparent) murder. He was told not to go, he decided not to leave, so why should his fate be the responsibility of Blair. Better they fight in their back yards than I have to fight them in mine.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN

bushblows
To say Bush and Blair aren't somewhat to blame for all this is a bit daft, though. They are fueling al qaeda's Jihad by keeping troops in Iraq.

Better they have troops in Iraq than have wholescale massacre all over the world because Al- qaeda's aim is to conquer the world. Blair is not responsible for Bigley's (apparent) murder. He was told not to go, he decided not to leave, so why should his fate be the responsibility of Blair. Better they fight in their back yards than I have to fight them in mine.

Oh my God! Forgive me for sounding rude but that sounds so cowardly!
You all just want to keep troops in Iraq because you're afraid insurgents will "come get you" if they aren't preying upon soldiers abroad.

You Blair/Bush supporters aren't effected by the deaths of soldiers OR Iraqi civilians. All you think about is covering your own butts.

Aren't you embarrassed to express such cowardice and apathy?

In addition....do you honestly think al qaeda isn't planning on attacking
western shores again? Are you that niave?

Not only will they attack us again....they'll do MORE damage because military personnel won't be here to help out.

Toughen up, stop being selfish and use your head.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
No coward - that's personal. Our troos are being paid to contain the Iraq situation. It was going to happen one day - so it's here and now.
I have seen it happen in our back yard - and still is.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
New Yorkers have seen it happen in their backyards, too - but we won't be voting Bush back in November. Nor are we "scared" insurgents are going to come get us if the troops leave Iraq.

Sigh.
If only everyone had our backbone & smarts.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
No person is a coward for having a point of view in a democracy.
If Bush gets back in then the majority will have voted and the rest have to either support their country or live with it.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is sad news, i just find out and my heart goes out to the family.
About time we catch these peoples.............

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ken Bigleys family have confirmed that has been killed,

Abu Dhabi TV who claim to have the video say they will not release the video?

[edit on 8-10-2004 by asala]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Ken Bigleys family have confirmed that has been killed,

Abu Dhabi TV who claim to have the video say they will not release the video?

Yep, Abu Dhabi are going to be respectful and not show the video.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is terrible.

Hostage Bigley murdered in Iraq

Kenneth Bigley was taken hostage on 16 September
British hostage Kenneth Bigley has been murdered by his captors in Iraq, his family has confirmed.
A video released by militants showed Mr Bigley making a statement before being killed, according to witnesses.

"We can confirm that the family has now received absolute proof that Ken Bigley was executed by his captors," his brother Philip said.

Mr Bigley, 62, of Liverpool, was taken hostage on 16 September by the Tawhid and Jihad group.

It beheaded two Americans captured at the same time.

Philip Bigley said the family had experienced "three long weeks of waiting and three long weeks of agony".

It could be that the fate of Ken was sealed from day one

Philip Bigley

Watch the statement

He said family members would each deal with the crisis differently but Mr Bigley's Liverpool-based family believed the government did everything possible to secure his release "in this impossible situation."

"It could be that the fate of Ken was sealed from day one," he said.

Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said: "Now that this terrible news has been confirmed I want to offer the family and friends of Kenneth Bigley my deepest condolences.

"This is a barbaric murder following three weeks of terrible suffering for his family."

Ken Bigley was murdered on Thursday in Latifiya, a Sunni Muslim town south-west of Baghdad, according to reports.

US forces have stepped up operations in Falluja in recent weeks, in a bid to regain control there ahead of planned national elections in Iraq in January.

Mr Bigley's relatives gathered at their family home in Liverpool as news of his death broke.

His son Craig, mother Lil and brothers Philip and Paul had campaigned for his release.

Paul Bigley had been due to take part in a Stop the War Coalition rally at Liverpool University on Friday evening, via a video link from his Amsterdam home.

'Blood on his hands'

Spokeswoman Carmel Byrne said a message from him would be read out instead.

She said it read: "Please, please stop this war and prevent other lives being lost. It is illegal and has to stop. Mr Blair has blood on his hands."

Brothers Stan (front) and Philip Bigley gathered with family
Mr Bigley was last seen alive in a video broadcast last week, pleading for Prime Minister Tony Blair to help him.

Mr Bigley's Thai-born wife Sombat, had made several emotional appeals for mercy.

The engineer was captured just weeks before his official retirement when he would have joined her in Thailand.

Mr Bigley's Irish-born mother Lil, 86, has been treated in hospital several times.

A nurse was seen entering her Liverpool home this afternoon as members of his family awaited further news.

Three police officers were outside the family home, with a mass of press photographers lined up directly across the street from the family's Victorian mid-terrace home.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I think we all knew deep down that this news was true from this afternoon but we really didnt want it to be true.

Condolences to Ken's family and friends.

Im sure the whole of England will feel for his family at this moment in time.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
My heart goes out to this mans poor family. Another wasted human life,all because of some sick religious finatics. Imo religion sucks! I also believe in Karma. I feel sorry in a way for these pukes. Their in for a world of sh... when their Karma catches up to them.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
People will stop at nothing to blame Bush. The man knew it was dangerous to go and even when warned didn't leave. The desire for money overruled good sense. I feel awful that he was killed. I feel bad for everyone there who's been killed, honestly, except for Uday and Qusay and a few other stains. These civillians have to leave. The terrorists know we won't bargain for them, but they keep doing it just to stick it to the coalition because they know that it inflames people and they blame Bush and Blair rather than blaming the degenerate garbage that's doing the killing.

Once this tactic works, they will use it for everything, don't kid yourselves. Want sanctions lifted somewhere? Start lopping off heads until it happens. Want troops removed from other countries too? Roll heads until it happens. Want more prisoners released from other detainment centers? Chop, chop. Anybody who thinks everything will be teddy bears and chocolates the minute we leave Iraq is very naive.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I dont think he went to Iraq out of greed he was supposed to be doing a speech or something at Liverpool University to protest against the war in
Iraq today or next friday.

I believe he went to Iraq not for money but for a good cause and if he was getting paid �1000 a week then whats wrong with that?

Everyone needs to earn a living he is a father and has a family that he needs to take care of so 1k a week is reasonable for the risks involved in working in Iraq and unfortunately he took the risk and payed the highest price possible.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
How is 1000 a week a reasonable risk to take care of his family? By having his head cut off because he would not heed the warnings that his life was in danger, he's done his family quite a lot of harm.

Going to a foreign country for a big payday is not a bad thing under normal circumstances. I can see the loneliness, and distance from home being normal sacrifices. Beheading is not a reasonable sacrifice.

These civillians need to GO HOME!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yes but everyone in the world thinks "It wont happen to me"

Just like people who smoke, and when asked if they are bothered about getting cancer and all the other effects of smoking they say "It wont happen to me".

Same as young drivers driving as fast as they can.(Most crash and die)

The risks are high but the probability of a civilian going to Iraq getting taken as a hostage then getting beheaded is low.

Its no one persons fault neither Bush or Mr. Blair or Ken's, whats happend has happend and there will always be someone to blame for everything that goes wrong in the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
NO weapons of mass destruction, NO link between Saddam and Bin Laden.

So what the feck are we doing out there.

OIL! It is oil and always has been oil.

Tony Blair is a murderer and a liar, Bush is a neothandal brained half wit that has pushed out planet to the brink of self anialhation.

I hope they both drop dead for this and for our boys, ALL our boys UK and US alike to COME HOME!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It is the fault of the person who cut off his head, so yes, it is one person's fault. He had a choice of whether or not to murder someone and he decided to do so. Religious fanaticism, politics, oil, french fries, whatever influence or indirect "reason" people bring up doesn't matter. It is the fault of the person who committed the act because he could have chosen not to.

Just the boys? How 'bout if the girls come home too.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
NO weapons of mass destruction, NO link between Saddam and Bin Laden.

So what the feck are we doing out there.

OIL! It is oil and always has been oil.

Tony Blair is a murderer and a liar, Bush is a neothandal brained half wit that has pushed out planet to the brink of self anialhation.

I hope they both drop dead for this and for our boys, ALL our boys UK and US alike to COME HOME!

If that happens do you really think the terrorist are going to stop.This is there way of life.For them the hatred of the west will only stop when America Britain and all western countries are destroyed.Oil is only one part of it.Anyway without the oil you wouldn`t have much of a life to live.

As for Ken may his soul now reast in peace from the hell he must have experianced.
To his family may they remember the good times more than the bad.
To his capturers and the person that carried out the killing may Allah pull out there eyes and poo in there brains.There time will come let there be no mercy.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
CNN just confirmed that a video has been received (assumedly by al-Jazeera, who have declined to transmit it).

As expected, Straw & Blair have been spouting platitudes.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi (And the rest of them).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join