It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Bigley Escaped Prior to Execution

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't know which extremists to be more afraid of... the ones in the Middle East or the ones right here in the West lol. Some of you sound as violent as the freakin' terrorists. It's been a while since I've seen such ranting and raving. The US is only one of MANY countries who claimed to believe that Iraq had WMDs, and there are few today who actually feel that overthrowing Hussein was a bad thing. War is a part of civilization, just as civilian casualties are a part of war, whether you like it or not.

If you believed the excuses that were fed to everyone, then that's your own fault for being so naive. I can see it now, old Rummy looking down his nose and over those little glasses and smirking while belching excuse after excuse. I never bought into the BS, yet I still supported the war... and continue to do so, only because this is how civilization works.

As for being a "coward"... as an American who supports this war, I take offense to that. Almost every male member of my family are retired military and I plan to join as soon as I graduate college. I understand how this game is played and intend to make the same sacrifices that my ancestors have made to insure a good life and bright future for me and mine.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
There are unconfirmed reports that Kenneth Bigley had attempted to escape with one of his captors. He was murdered soon after. It is unknown iof this precipitated the Murder

Escape Attempt

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't understand why previous hostages and/or Bigley have not been reported more in the press.

The actions of these terrorists/murdered are completely horrific, regardless of what anyone believes. I really think so. If there are people who disagree, I believe in my heart that they are in the minority.

I live in America, and I'm not up on the British press, aside from a little report from the BBC now and then, thanks to NPR: The World.

Why didn't Bush make Bigley and/or other hostages an extremely huge issue? Why isn't this the biggest story? Why are these not headlines?

On one hand, I understand how press/attention is exactly what some of these people want. However, why can't this be used against them, if what they are doing is so obviously horrible? Even those who disagree with specific details of how things are being handled can agree that this is awful.

On even another hand, I understand that the increased exposure to these acts can result in more sympathy for the hostages, which can possibly be transformed into a public outcry against a current administrations policies, which may be exactly what the captors want.

However, there is an area in the middle. Giving these stories press doesn't mean that we are "giving the terrorists what they want." It seems to me that the disgusting nature of these acts could be used against the captors if Britain and the US blew the entire thing up. Give them enormous coverage and really try to communicate. If it doesn't work, it is a total tragedy (which is what happened). Now, it is a total tragedy, but Bigley's death is just a sidenote now. It's terrible and it makes me sick. And I'm scared that it will happen again.

I understand that the Blair administration tried to do this, but it barely comes across in the American press. Furthermore, I don't remember any such exchange between the US administration and captors in the past. This may be due the fact that American hostages have only known to have been held after their execution.

The whole situation makes me sick to my stomach. This is awful and I feel terrible for the Bigley family. My thoughts are with them and with all of those who are in Iraq trying to make things better in their hearts, with or without guns.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

As expected, Straw & Blair have been spouting platitudes.

Crocodile Tears, and probably because of the loss of more voter confidence than sympathy...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo

Originally posted by rustiswordz
NO weapons of mass destruction, NO link between Saddam and Bin Laden.

So what the feck are we doing out there.

OIL! It is oil and always has been oil.

Tony Blair is a murderer and a liar, Bush is a neothandal brained half wit that has pushed out planet to the brink of self anialhation.

I hope they both drop dead for this and for our boys, ALL our boys UK and US alike to COME HOME!

If that happens do you really think the terrorist are going to stop.This is there way of life.For them the hatred of the west will only stop when America Britain and all western countries are destroyed.Oil is only one part of it.Anyway without the oil you wouldn`t have much of a life to live.

Duh nooooo. Terrorism wont ever stop but Bush's attitude of 'woe is me' and terrorism only began on 9/11 and only to the Yanks has enflamed the situation.

Blasting a country that has no abillity to wage major terrorism, or have WMD's or even a connection with Bin Laden (Iraq) is wrong. Yet we are 'allies' with Saudi Arabia and they are the biggest mouth foaming AK brandishing zelots out there. Lets blow them up instead if you want to nuke anything.

Nah Iraq is an easy target full of lots of nice juicy oil and our people are paying the price for US and UK govermental greed.

Thats all its about.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
[

Duh nooooo. Terrorism wont ever stop but Bush's attitude of 'woe is me' and terrorism only began on 9/11 and only to the Yanks has enflamed the situation.

Blasting a country that has no abillity to wage major terrorism, or have WMD's or even a connection with Bin Laden (Iraq) is wrong. Yet we are 'allies' with Saudi Arabia and they are the biggest mouth foaming AK brandishing zelots out there. Lets blow them up instead if you want to nuke anything.

Nah Iraq is an easy target full of lots of nice juicy oil and our people are paying the price for US and UK govermental greed.

Thats all its about.

America was fighting aginst terrorist and all potential threats long before 9/11.What do you think the NSA/CIA are there for.Don`t answer that cos l know what you think of these organisations and don`t want to go down paranoia highway on this thread.Saddam posed a threat maybe he couldn`t carry it out at the moment but better to kick a wounded bull in its balls than wait till it `s fit and upset.

The war in Iraq suits America one for the Oil ofcourse.if Saddam held countrol over that he could finance weapons and have the power to increase Americas financial markets.No arab is going to hold power over the west.Two it is a way of demonstrating to the terrorist that we have to fire power to crush you.Make no mistake if Bush gets back in power in November and the situation gets worse there are options to regain the balance of control in this war,at the moment that could cause him to lose votes.
Terrorist are bullies cow down and you will have to pay pocket money everyday.Or option two take them out of the equation

By the wat reports are coming in that Ken was helped by one of his capturers and was free for 30 minutes and recaptured.Also reports that two members of the organisation one being the no2 in command have been killed

[edit on 9-10-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Yeah i heard that the SAS may have found em and caused a panic.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join