It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Study Says Condoms Contain Cancer-causing Chemical

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You raise a great point that I should have exxplained in my OP. I did notice the mention of this chemical being used in baby soothers, which I consider to be absolutely disgusting, especially since this chemical has been known to be harmful for quite a while now.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by finegans

Kudos to the research, I did not know that this was known for at least 8 years now until I read your post. As I said to the other poster, the money trail and objectives behind the study does not change the fact that they are putting cancer causing chemicals in condoms and baby soothers among other items.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Now I have a legitimate excuse to not use these suckers

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I KNEW it! I knew my mind was correct in telling me these things are not for me... I'm better off choosing a healthy female and staying in a monogamous relationship with a woman im in love with and would be just fine with it if she got pregnant. Of course if you're the club hopping type who has one night stands all the time, I guess you need to strap on a cancerous piece of rubber to your schmeky and hope for the best.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Eternity time-out no toy's

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Another example of the double-think ingrained in our language rears it's ugly head.

They say that if you use a condom, you are "being responsible". (This is similar to the selling pitches made by the alcohol industry "be responsible").

But it's double think because in reality, in order for one to NEED or DESIRE a condom, one has to actually be acting really irresponsibly in the instance a condom were not used.

Dare I say if you think you need a condom, you may need to check yourself because you are obviously messing around in a risky situation to being with?

And then what's the point anyway when you include things like "highly carcinogenic" and it's low protection quality coupled with the illogical reasoning justifying it's use. People might as well adopt the full body condom since they are already acting ridiculous.

At least intrepid detective Frank Drebin knows how to practice 'safe sex' correctly...

(Warning for kids on Summer break : Don't actually try this, it will cause you to suffocate, it's a joke in a movie to make a point.)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

So either life has been good to me or I have been good to life

Third option: you have something you don't even know you have - a phenomenon that is much more common for men than it is for women.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
A MUST SEE - BEST YOU THEN WILL UNDERSTAND! The ILLUMINATI OATH, it's been a war against humanity for quite some time now! The contents of the video linked below below has been known by members of congress since the days of Lincoln. They have all known what their agenda has been all along. CONDOMS is just a small portion of everything according to their plan. This helps one understand the scope of their plan. Their OATH.

note: I've never embedded anything before and if by chance this video does not play the link is
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

That's just the tip of it, one whistle blower has claimed.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

The study goes on to say "N-Nitrosamine is one of the most carcinogenic substances" but they also say that it poses no health risk.

Forgive me for being skeptical when I don't believe that one of the most carcinogenic chemicals will not pose any health risks.

The chemical is used to improve the elasticity in the condoms which is an important part in the operation of these devices so hopefully they can come up with a suitable alternative.

Maybe it's time to swich back to lambskin

www.dw.de
(visit the link for the full news article)

Me, I'll vote for abstenance .... No Nookie means No Baby. I think that's the ticket !
If you don't go for that, then maybe there some Salt Peter in your future !

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that anything that isn't home made, will cause some kind of illness or some kind of weird symptoms. Some times I feel that claiming everything that is supose to work for you causes people problems is just a conspiracy in itself specially when it comes from infowars.com. I have learned when it does come form alex jones or infowars, you need to really look up things for yourself a lot of his things he mentions doesn't really have a lot of evidence backing him up, and when he post parts of articles in their "News" he doesn't use all the information that was written. He uses information for his own purpose of Entertainment instead of the whole story, just certain parts. It is always a good idea to do your own research.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
next thing you know the clothes we wear will cause cancer
i hope this isnt true im trying to lower my risk for future diseases as it is
please dont take away my key to safe sex xD which apparently isnt that safe anymore regardless of
whatever e.e

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Below is a list of things that DO NOT cause cancer.

And that is your list of things that DO NOT cause cancer.
edit on 7/17/2012 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

And thats why I never use them

So next time a girl tells me to wrap up, Ill just tell them that they cause cancer....

edit on 17-7-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
I hate the fact that the report doesn't say what the quantity was.

Nitrates occur naturally in fruits and vegetables. Particularly green leafy vegetables and root vegetables. 5% of these are converted to nitrite in the saliva and the gastrointestinal tract.

Nitrate review

Knowing what the amount was might let you make an informed decision between a spinach salad or nookie.

I also want to know about the types if condoms; latex vs polyurethane

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
lambskin is the way to go or abstinence.

Yes, and hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
and ha
Abstinance? what does that even mean?
a nonsense word if i ever heard one

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
They're all completely EVIL. And if we realize this, everything will be looked with new eyes and sooner or later, self defense will surely kick in and we'll deal with them. Whatever method various people are comfortable with, from letter writing, phone calls, general strikes, meditation groups, prayer groups and surrounding them and booting their butts into makeshift jails. Self preservation should rank HIGH on the priorities.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I've been vehemently googling this and can't seem to find which brands actually DO NOT contain n-nitrosamines.

I'm a bit discouraged, I was already going to great lengths to track down condoms without casein (disgusting!!)...

Ladies who are concerned: it's a -lot- of work and ultimately you have to accept responsibility for your actions, but two things you may find interesting are OvumOptics (ovulation observation in conjunction with BBT and cervical mucous monitoring) and Queen Anne's Lace (Wild Carrot, one natural progesterone source that has been studied)...

Nothing beats being self-empowered. But before this knowledge, I always thought condoms were awesome for sex on fertile days.

Any manmade birth control involves some level of self-mutilation, it seems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join