It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Study Says Condoms Contain Cancer-causing Chemical

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

German Study Says Condoms Contain Cancer-causing Chemical

www.dw.de

A German scientific research institute has warned that most condoms on the market contain a cancer-causing chemical and has urged that their manufacture be subjected to stringent quality control.

The Chemical and Veterinary Investigation Institute in Stuttgart said on Friday it had found the carcinogen N-Nitrosamine in 29 of 32 types of condoms it tested in simulated conditions.

The condoms, which were kept in a solution with artificial sweat, exuded huge amounts of cancer-causing N-Nitr
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.infowars.com

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The study goes on to say "N-Nitrosamine is one of the most carcinogenic substances" but they also say that it poses no health risk.

Forgive me for being skeptical when I don't believe that one of the most carcinogenic chemicals will not pose any health risks.

The chemical is used to improve the elasticity in the condoms which is an important part in the operation of these devices so hopefully they can come up with a suitable alternative.

Maybe it's time to swich back to lambskin

www.dw.de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
wtf...now they tell us...

if this is confirmed well you can expect a massive cyber taken down on a continious level without mercy.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Lambskin is the way to go.

I think it's making a comeback.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
lambskin is the way to go or abstinence.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Damn
What everything causes cancer now?

In any case I don't use condoms, never did, never will
not even in high school or college
I prefer the withdrawal method and i've had a 100% success rate so far
It takes alot of discipline though

It's funny
Throughout my life i've always avoided certain things and for the most part I later found out that they were bad for you
Even plastic water bottles, I always avoided them, then I heard about BPA
Always avoided SPF sunscreens as well
And if I was to take a girl seriously.... no makeup or else i'm gone!
Cosmetics is a drug with both a physical and psychological dependance

So either life has been good to me or I have been good to life

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I wonder if there is / was a cover-up ?

Ha!

Sorry, that was too funny!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm going to look at it this way...... No one gets out of life alive. It's 100% and every last one of us is GOING to DIE. It's kinda startling when one stops to fully absorb that in a true sense. All things being equal??

I'll take my chances with cancerous raincoats to drug resistant gonorrhea, drug resistant syphilis or the big kahuna itself, HIV/AIDS.

Somehow the long odds of maybe cancer..and maybe something else didn't kill me first anyway vs. a rather immediate start to long term suffering leading to a real hard death just doesn't pose a choice. Pass the condom bowl.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
AHA! I always knew there was a perfectly logical reason for me to hate those things...

Gut feeling - I knew it!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Good luck with that method! All 3 of my best buddies were the same way and now all have kids. I'll risk pee pee cancer over a kid having kids. Not saying your a kid, just in general.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Excuse my explicitness, but would say... fellatio cause the giver to ingest these
carcinogenic substances?
If so... poor giver... Oral sex will never be the same!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is not a surprise to me at all. I have already known that condoms, and contraception in general, cause more problems than are necessary. Perhaps if fun outweighs long-term health safety and now a threat of cancer, then by all means, keep going. Like others have said here, there is lambskin as an alternative. But even that is not altogether good because semen reduces stress in women and non-protected sex is psychologically a positive for forming closeness between two people. Read the links below, they are pretty interesting.

www.1flesh.org...
www.1flesh.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I hate the fact that the report doesn't say what the quantity was.

Nitrates occur naturally in fruits and vegetables. Particularly green leafy vegetables and root vegetables. 5% of these are converted to nitrite in the saliva and the gastrointestinal tract.

Nitrate review

Knowing what the amount was might let you make an informed decision between a spinach salad or nookie.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is bad for everyone obviously but I think that women have got more reason to be worried about it than men.

A woman has fuller and more intimate contact with a condom than a man does.
I know I'm stating the obvious here but - it goes inside a womans body and because of friction, for example, it is going to leave more of a residue, which would not be as easy to get rid of, as it would be for a man.

I hope I don't offend anyone here with the use of the word vagina - but something that people rarely consider ( and the manufacturers of condoms have probably never considered) is that the vagina leads to the cervix which leads to the womb.
Which means - vaginal cancer, cervical cancer and cancer of the womb.

I think I might be about to start my first ever petition, to tell condom manufacturers that there is more than "a pressing need" to sort this.

Thanks very much for giving us a 'heads up' on this.

oops - just noticed the pun but will leave it - "smile and the world smiles with you, cry and ... they'll probably tell you, you should've used a condom.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Sex with a condom is about as satisfying as a shower in a bio hazard full-body suit.

Sex with a potential 'contagion' stranger isn't much better.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So what were the condoms that did not have this in them??? Please tell.. I don't want another kid yet.. if ever again

(edit)

OR CANCER FOR THAT MATTER!!
edit on 07/16/12 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Now prostitutes who protect themselves around the world won't be dying of HIV/AIDS,
but they will certainly die of vaginal cancer more and more

edit on 16-7-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well, how long do they really sit around in "sweat" in a practical situation. "Remove after use", that should be on the package. " Do not use more than four times a day." On the other hand that could be a really bad cancer .And whats with the ones that don't have the chemical? Maybe we should buy those. Nah. I told you I didn't like them rubbers. "Okay Dad." Then there's the STD thing. Seems like our pee pee is always under attack. But I don't want to get in this whole... well you know. But your right. Chemicals everywhere. We've been sold down the river. Techno let us down, took us to a bad spot from which we'll likely not recover. We're awash in our fabricated compounds. Not to take away from this particular one wrapped around our weeny. # I'm pissed off now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join