It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let the war begin! "US Navy ship 'fires on boat in Gulf'"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A US ship has fired on a boat off the coast of the United Arab Emirates, US officials say.

The USNS Rappahannock fired on a vessel after it ignored warnings and rapidly approached the US ship, a US senior defence official told the BBC.

There is no confirmation of casualties although AP news agency reported one person had been killed and three hurt.

Tensions in the Gulf region are high after Iran recently renewed threats to close the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

More Information to come soon.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Did have a look around and couldn't find this so sorry if it is already out there.
edit on 16-7-2012 by Bishbop09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't see why this would start a war, its not like the US ship got fired on, if it didn't respond to multiple warnings then you are going to get shot at.
edit on 16/7/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

Edit:

Just looked up the ship, looks like it carries oil and aid for US navy, maybe some pirates felt lucky?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
War you say ?
Not yet, but we all feel it coming very soon it seems

edit on 16-7-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

So you think it's ok for a US ship near UAE to issue warnings to anyone ? Are they in US territory? On what grounds ? Trespassing ?

Uh...sorry...I forgot that US is masters of the universe.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Assumptive thread title.....itchy trigger finger?
I agree something is coming, but lets calm down and not jump to any conclusions. This little boat violated warnings , thats it! From what I have read it was not even military.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If that's true then it's another Gulf of tonkin. "boys, don't you worry, I was in nam, I know a thing or two about how to start a war, yes sir ree!"

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

So you think it's ok for a US ship near UAE to issue warnings to anyone ? Are they in US territory? On what grounds ? Trespassing ?

It's international waters, and if any country's navy are being threatened they can do what is takes to remove that threat. I knew it wouldnt take long for the bashing to begin.
edit on 16-7-2012 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Anytime we were in ANY waters off the coast of ANYWHERE...if you were a vessel who failed to report your intentions after repeated warnings via radio, phone, whatever..and you continued course..you bet your ass you were going to get hammered. It's similar to having someone enter your personal space..you can warn them, if they don't heed it, commence and ass-whoopin.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Please calm down. The ship clearly approched the US ship without any communication which is why they sunk it, which any other navy would of done to.

And the US are probably arrogant enough to think they could control the universe.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Umm, that boat was coming straight towards them, without even attempting to state their intentions. What were they supposed to do? That's exactly how the USS Cole was attacked, suicide style.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Furthermore....

If you read the article...sounds like a Bass Tracker wanted to take on a US Navy ship. Great thinking on their part. From a Navy perspective- you have millions of gallons of fuel on board, you see a bitty boat approaching at a high rate of speed, they don't respond to your commands, chances are they're assuming the worst.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bishbop09

Clearly it is not the the start of the foretold ww3. Because allies do not make war and then there is no start.

I think Zionist will need another false flag to let their prophecies come true.
edit on 16-7-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Sounds like someone got murdered for falling asleep at the helm. I have headed straight for US Navy vessels many times and they never tried to kill me. I don't have a radio and I don't understand military talk. Who should I call?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Please post any further comments on this thread

Boat fired upon.

Thread closed.

top topics

join