It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why couldn't god just BE for all eternity. If he simply IS, why not just IS? Why galaxies, humans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Assuming if god does in fact exist. Why couldn't god simply BE for all eternity. Why create planets, animals, stars, etc. If he created something it seems he wouldn't be a god in my definition.

If he simply IS, why not IS for all eternity. Before there was something rather than nothing there was simply HE. Why not simply stay like that forever.
edit on 16-7-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

To continue along with this hypothetical scenario......

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

Why create planets, animals, stars, etc.

Boredom.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

That's very humanlike, I don't think Source has this quality. Things just dont seem to add up.

It's one of the reasons why its hard for me to believe in a creator.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Yea it sure would get lonely , having all that power and nothing to use it on . Its like an artist with all the tools , but doesn't wanna paint the canves .

Who know probably for many long years he did nothing , but just be , But how much fun is that ? lol After a while he was like i wanna make some cool things , and some creatures to worship and fight over me .

Then he created everything , and who knows whats on the other side of the universe and what was created there , probably some crazy planets that are backwards to what we believe.

Perhaps he made all the galaxies and all the goodies inbetween , to show us his magnificant power ,

A wise man did once say ...

All these planets , stars , galaxys , what would be the point , if nobody is around to uphold its beauty

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but if god does exist and he or she or it , created everything was there not something that created god ? And if this is the case shouldn't all the religions be praying to the one that created god ?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Well the answer to this is that god always WAS, he has always existed for all eternity. He created time.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

That's very humanlike, I don't think Source has this quality. Things just dont seem to add up.

Maybe there is no difference between 'Humanlike' & 'Godlike'.

After all, humans were supposedly created in his image.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Humans wouldn't just create beings and not present themselves to all of them and live happily ever after..together.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Apparently we were created in his image. We are able to reproduce and were created from our parents , the same should hold true for god ?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
maybe he wanted company! and decided to manifest his love in a project called "humanity". so he created inherently good humans

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Why can't god just suppress his "desires" Like when a man wants to copulate with a girl, but he withholds it and does not pursue it. If simple men can do this why not god? Except in his case, all eternity. He could imply be in the state of nothingness like when a Buddhist monk meditates. Just get lost in nothingness and simply EXIST, simply BE.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
As broken circles pointed out, boredom.

And 'he' wanted to experience 'himself' and get to know 'himself'again by making 'us' forget and try to remember who We really are.
edit on 7/16/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Who are WE?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to post by soulshn

Who are WE?

God

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Maybe there is no difference between 'Humanlike' & 'Godlike'.

After all, humans were supposedly created in his image.

Humans was created in our image not his. A plural that is like ONE (singular). There is little differerence between the part and the whole when the part is (YOU ARE).

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Humans was created in our image not his. A plural that is like ONE (singular). There is little differerence between the part and the whole when the part is (YOU ARE).
Since I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, I may not be exactly sure what I'm trying to say, either. lol. I'm gonna try though......

Before humans were created, there could not have been any humans. If there actually had been humans, prior to that creation, then obviously, they would have been created at an earlier time.

How could humans have possibly been created in our image, if there was no image of us, prior to that creation?

Humans wouldn't just create beings and not present themselves to all of them and live happily ever after..together.
Unless you have such power, you could not know for sure.

Have you ever been around other humans? Many of us humans, are some sick and twisted individuals. I am sure that many would choose to live happily every after, but not all.

Personally, I don't particularly like people. I do not enjoy being in large crowds amongst thousands of others. If it was solely up to me, the last thing I would want would be for everyone to be living harmoniously in Happy Hippie Land where everybody loves one another.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Wouldn't being alone for all eternity be a little... ye know.... lonely?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well if he was lonely, your ascribing a human quality to him, I think your making god in mans image. So, it means he wanted company allright I understand that, but where in the world is he?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Well if he was lonely, your ascribing a human quality to him, I think your making god in mans image. So, it means he wanted company allright I understand that, but where in the world is he?

Better quesiton...

Where isn't he?

much of the world is disconnected from God...

so heres to Life in a box

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I was hoping God would simply appear and not make it so mysterious and confusing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join