It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are now smarter than men? IQ results

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Don't forget to specify BACON Sandwich or you'll end up with some kind of fat free turkey tofu substitute something!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

LOLOLO....that's funny...and might be why the women are getting smarter...we eat more veggies generally....
Very few men I ever met would eat a salad as a meal....unless it was covered in bacon......

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think Men and Women are intelligent in different ways, I don't think Men are smarter. We've just probably had more opportunity to use our intellect in the past.
I ask this question. Why is it when my Wife sees a shoe sale, she goes nuts and has to spend $100 on a new pair
when I know she has a closet full of them. And then we need to find a matching bag.
That to me is not intelligent. And yet her IQ was rated at about 138 and I'm about 134.
So effectively she is smarter in some ways and not in others.
By the way she gets lost all the time, in fact she often holds the map upside down when giving directions.
That is also not intelligent.
IQ tests do not prove intelligence.
But please don't tell her I said this.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Yeah....I agree...as a general rule women and men are smarter in different ways I think....my special guy and I took internet IQ tests for fun, and our IQ's were very close.....high 130's as I remember...but he certainly is smarter then me in technical matters, etc. and has more "practical" knowledge about many subjects I don't think I am capable of learning, lol, and I have tried learning to fix things, doing home projects, etc., and generally I need help.

Now when it comes to Latin plant names and buying shoes I am clearly smarter!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'm a woman. Women are not smarter than men. IQ is a reasonable approximation of potential. I mean, 3,4,5 points...does it matter all that much? Somehow I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
I started thinking what on earth do we have men for if we can do it all by ourselves... but then I remembered.... ohhhh that!!!

Yep...those great big jars of pickled onions are the stickler.

Just can't get the necessary leverage with these delicate little lady hands.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Name one woman genius ? And don't just google it.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

Marie Curie...Doris Lessing...Iris Murdoch...off the top of my head.

Define genius.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
These results are WRONG. There is no way on earth that these results can possibly be right. Intelligence is linked to height, women are significantly shorter than me, therefore women are less intelligent by that fact, generally speaking.

Every inch of height means your IQ will be up by 0.4 points!

Interestingly, a woman of 5'9 on avreage will be smarter than a man of 5'9. So when measured off, women do in fact have the average edge on intelligence. But women generally are much shorter than men, and thus generally less intelligent.

This test would have to be purposefully flawed or corrupted in some way to get the results it has gotten. Because from what I can see they aren't even taking height into context, they're just saying that the average woman(who is short) is more intelligent than the average man (who is about 5'11)...... that's bollocks

Nothing against the ladies, it's just a height thing. You compare a group of men who are 5'6 to a group of men who are 5'10 and the short lot lose. Women are short, unfortunately for you.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
With the amount of dumbing down and "metrosexualising" of men this doesn't suprise me one bit. Although to be honest I couldn't give a hoot about which sex is supposedly more or less intelligent than the other. Male & female are built to compliment each other. Men can't live without women and women can't live without men. Men tend to be good in fields where a high degree of abstract thought and/or logical reasoning are required, and women generally have superior social skills and beat men when it comes to keeping people happy and well organised. You can't run a company with zero people skills, and you also can't run it with zero technical ability, so it all evens out in the end.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

LOLOLO....that's funny...and might be why the women are getting smarter...we eat more veggies generally....
Very few men I ever met would eat a salad as a meal....unless it was covered in bacon......

Intelligence has a relationship to carbohydrates and meat, they're the brain foods. Green salads have little to do, by comparison, with intelligence.

Fish, nuts, red meat, tomatoes, berries and carbs are all great for the brain. A salad is not

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Finally its official!

Thanks... now, can the woman go to work and all that jazz while just I stay home playing on my ps3 and pc games all day? Please? Oh and watch the us open without stupid interruptions like "what does LET mean?"

I'm tired of having responsibilities... let the new alpha emerge while I... well... watch. If I can... I'm revisiting torchlight since diablo 3 sucks so... I may be busy. But please use all that genius. Its fine by me. Now just prove that men are incapable of working... please! Women are so much better.

Really.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Right who where these women tested and who where these men?

where the women doctors and the men construction workers?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

The reasons for the association between height and intelligence remain unclear, but possible explanations include that height may be a marker of nutritional status, prenatal maternal stress, or general mental and physical health during development. As brain size correlates 0.40 with IQ,[17] height/IQ correlation could be merely a side product of taller people having larger heads and thus larger brains.

It has been suggested that the large increases in average height, assumed to be due to improved nutrition, have been accompanied by an increase in brain size which may be one explanation for the Flynn effect.[18]

Studies have shown, however, that common genetic factors influence variation in both height and intelligence, and are responsible for some of the effect,[19] or that both height and intelligence may be affected by adverse early environmental exposures. Two large recent twin pair studies of the height-intelligence relationship showed that both shared environment (59% in both studies) and shared genetics (35% in one study and 31% in the other) are responsible for significant portions of the observed correlation between intelligence and height.[11][7]

en.wikipedia.org...

Not a winning argument. There is a very minor correlation between height and intelligence, and as explained in the link, this is most likely more do with nutritionally factors. Someone predisposed, genetically, to being taller than average therefore, is not necessarily going to be more intelligent unless that is coupled with good nutrition and educational standards.

Women are becoming more quantifiably intelligent, most likely, because we are now better able to access good nutrition, take regular exercise, and most importantly, receive equal access to education. Reaching our full potential, in both physical and intellectual growth, for both males and females, is based both on genetics and the nurturing experience.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity
Right who where these women tested and who where these men?

where the women doctors and the men construction workers?

The woman tested were all grotesquely tall freaks, by the looks of the result

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Intelligence has a relationship to carbohydrates and meat, they're the brain foods. Green salads have little to do, by comparison, with intelligence.

Fish, nuts, red meat, tomatoes, berries and carbs are all great for the brain. A salad is not

LOL...I stand corrected.......actually I knew this....was just being silly.....

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
Finally its official!

Thanks... now, can the woman go to work and all that jazz while just I stay home playing on my ps3 and pc games all day? Please? Oh and watch the us open without stupid interruptions like "what does LET mean?"

I'm tired of having responsibilities... let the new alpha emerge while I... well... watch. If I can... I'm revisiting torchlight since diablo 3 sucks so... I may be busy. But please use all that genius. Its fine by me. Now just prove that men are incapable of working... please! Women are so much better.

Really.

Fine by me, always been in favour of that...but please don't forget to do the laundry, clean the house, take care of the kids, and have my dinner on the table when I get in from my 'hard' day at work.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
reply to post by JailTales

The reasons for the association between height and intelligence remain unclear, but possible explanations include that height may be a marker of nutritional status, prenatal maternal stress, or general mental and physical health during development. As brain size correlates 0.40 with IQ,[17] height/IQ correlation could be merely a side product of taller people having larger heads and thus larger brains.

It has been suggested that the large increases in average height, assumed to be due to improved nutrition, have been accompanied by an increase in brain size which may be one explanation for the Flynn effect.[18]

Studies have shown, however, that common genetic factors influence variation in both height and intelligence, and are responsible for some of the effect,[19] or that both height and intelligence may be affected by adverse early environmental exposures. Two large recent twin pair studies of the height-intelligence relationship showed that both shared environment (59% in both studies) and shared genetics (35% in one study and 31% in the other) are responsible for significant portions of the observed correlation between intelligence and height.[11][7]

en.wikipedia.org...

Not a winning argument. There is a very minor correlation between height and intelligence, and as explained in the link, this is most likely more do with nutritionally factors. Someone predisposed, genetically, to being taller than average therefore, is not necessarily going to be more intelligent unless that is coupled with good nutrition and educational standards.

Women are becoming more quantifiably intelligent, most likely, because we are now better able to access good nutrition, take regular exercise, and most importantly, receive equal access to education. Reaching our full potential, in both physical and intellectual growth, for both males and females, is based both on genetics and the nurturing experience.

That makes sense, and also goes a long way to explaining my genius while standing at only 5'10

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
That makes sense, and also goes a long way to explaining my genius while standing at only 5'10

And mine at all of 5' 5"

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

Name one woman genius ? And don't just google it.

I'll give you three

Marilyn Vos Savant
My Mother
My Sister

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join