It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are now smarter than men? IQ results

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Yeah, I don't know if the lack of scientific data is a result from what you have said? However, some bold statements were made, and supposedly scientific in nature? The results of any scientific experiment should be published for peer review. At least that is what I have always been led to believe?

Perhaps the lack of data could just be a result of sloppy journalism, or folk's with an agenda? Who knows? In the meantime, I reserve judgment and my personal opinion on the subject remains as it was before the story. I would have liked to have known how the doctor arrived at their conclusions, because they are shooting from the hip with their answer at this time. We can get those kinds of answers about anything at the local pub, but I would expect more from a scientist or a news story that has a scientific premise. Just my personal opinion.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

It'll be nice when we all realize that "groups" don't dictate IQ at all

You really just said this, in the thread that YOU started, about the Group IQ of women?

Seriously?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I figured this to be the case all along. All anyone had to do was ask either my wife or daughter!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by phroziac
Intelligent women are a massive turn on for me. But the only ones i seem to meet are morons. Where to flind these women that are smarter than men?

We're the ones who prefer to live without one, sorry.

No, really...I was just kidding. Although I am single at the moment, ha ha.

Haha, and im in texas at the moment!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have this buddy named Dan. All of you females on this thread, I promise that not a single one of you is smarter than him. I also know a guy that we call "DM", for Dungeon Master. He was invited to join MENSA. If you don't know, look it up. Very few get in.

This is a sausage-fest for women. Taco fest? I don't know, but I absolutely despise sexism, and when an opportunity like this comes along, I have no problem in declaring that every female flying her flag at the expense of men everywhere, just for the sake of one-upping the opposite sex, should be ashamed. Just because your grandma was oppressed, or you feel like you've been wronged due to your gender at some point in your life, does not suddenly make women better, smarter, or in any way more deserving than men. And vice versa.

We are all equal, and for every smart woman, there's a man who is just as smart. Sexual equality FTW.
edit on 16-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Before I make the point I want to make, I want to just say...I support people being educated and achieving what ever "calls" to them...no one can fit into any certain mold...but I do believe there are some "general" differences in men and women that should be valued and not overcome.

It bother's me now that I understand the "women's Lib" movement had some very sinister "backer's", David Rockafeller for one, and he is quoted as saying basically " We double our tax base, and get control of the kids earlier, it's brilliant"

Now I grew up a "go-getter" went to a good college, owned a business by age 24.....went to work in corporate America and climbed the ladder to become what some might consider "successful" by my early 30's...the job required alot of travel and long hours...but I was good at it...."I had made it" so to speak....OK...sounds good so far, huh?

Well, I'm here to tell you in my 40's now...that I sacrafised ALOT...or more I should say the people that needed me did. I only had one child, which I regret, my daughter was lonely alot....and God knows as hard as I tried I just wasn't there enough for her, and it took it's toll on her...she's 21 now. She's moved back home now, so maybe I get a "do-over"...

These "family" friendly companies are a bunch of BS....no one cares your kid has a ballet recital when push comes to shove....and it was IMPOSSIBLE to be a good mother and good at my job both. When I was lucky enough to find Love again after my divorce....he walks into this hot mess that is my life...a stressed out over worked mom, with a kid that would become an out of control teenager....throw in the "inlaws" and yikes!

I try my best to avoid the "coulda, shoulda, woulda" game...it is what it is, and fate will unfold as it will....I did my best with what I understood at the time.......I can only say, the whole..."bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never let you forget your a man" thing didn't work out so great for me and mine........

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

hey I sent you a u2u re: great post.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The data is available. I can't share it because it's a protected account I have that I found it on. If anyone else has a university account of some sort, you can find it as well. Go to the original article and click source, it gives the name of the researcher and you can look the data up from that. I did it last night and don't remember his name and don't want to go through all of it again, but those who are capable can easily find it if they want

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

It'll be nice when we all realize that "groups" don't dictate IQ at all

You really just said this, in the thread that YOU started, about the Group IQ of women?

Seriously?

If you have been reading the thread and the comments made, I'm sure you would understand much better instead of just basing your opinion on a link to a news story that started the conversation

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

"bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never let you forget your a man"

Food and sex, huh? Core values in life?

I'm glad to see that you've recognized the futility in that angle.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

They shouldn't fly their flags because it depends on the individuals, not the group as a whole... but still.... since I'm not one of the chauvanistic pig types, I figured I'd give them some ammo and watch them burn the piggies

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

hey I sent you a u2u re: great post.

I haven't recieved one

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

On a side note, I'm loving your avatar. Sheldon is absolutely amazing...I have a lot in common with his character. I get too technical a lot of times, but he makes me look normal.

...I hate normal.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Fault for a fault makes everyone wrong...and mad. Remember that.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Wow. They trained you well, didn't they?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

On a side note, I'm loving your avatar. Sheldon is absolutely amazing...I have a lot in common with his character. I get too technical a lot of times, but he makes me look normal.

...I hate normal.

My avatar was the purple chicken on his shirt but a buddy on here calls me Sheldon and "moonpie" (his nickname) all the time so another buddy made the avatar for me and I"m using it

btw, if anyone else is interested in a new avatar, we have a thread going with some excellent artists. You can describe what you want and they'll "race" to make one for you!

The link is in my sig line even though my sig line leads to a contest we're having within the thread

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hey, if nothing else, the women sure do like that I posted the news story!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I guess you don't need a high IQ to drive a car.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That's the shirt that has the lightning bolt on it. Yes, I remember "moonpie"...his grandma's nickname for him. That episode where he forgot his flash drive when they took a train ride and they met the woman from one of the terminator movies. Raj got tricked into talking to her despite having no alcohol.

"Only Memaw calls me that!!"

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

IQ isn't static.. (obviously) No doubt that better education and pushing girls towards more scientific pursuits is a part of this.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join