It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning against being allied with the spiritual ruler of this world.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

...There will be no Anti-Christ, but there is an Anti-Christian Movement all over the world. Soon all we will have to deal with is Muslims.

You sound like Hitler. I thought hate speech was against the T&C.

I'm pretty sure that particular T&C rule applies to everything in the known universe, less and except Christianity. I've sorta grown used to it at this point and do my best to ignore it. We were told 2000 years ago to expect it, so it shouldn't be that much of a shocker.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Since when do we listen to stuff that was said 2,000 years ago? They told us the Earth was flat and the sun revolved around us, and even to put milk out for the pestilence fairies, for Satan's sake!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Since when do we listen to stuff that was said 2,000 years ago? They told us the Earth was flat and the sun revolved around us, and even to put milk out for the pestilence fairies, for Satan's sake!

Wait,....... what?
The earth isn't FLAT?!?

WHAT THE H.....?!?!!?!?

So I guess Euclidian geometry is out the window too. Great.....
edit on 18-7-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I'm talking stuff touted by religion. Math doesn't lie, we all know that.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
At confusing and often frightening times like these, it is very easy for humankind to fall prey to greed or power hungry men claiming to be some 'spiritual leader' out to save the world, and easily taken advantage of, to be rob, or worse, to kill others for the leader's self glory and madness in the name of our common Creator.

For the educated religious faithful, we all know there is no god except the ONE TRUE ALMIGHTY. Christian Brotherhood, comprising of Protestant Christians for centuries, vows by it, as taught by our Messiah.

The Muslim Brotherhood, even though sadly a large significant percentage whom were denied education, espacially women, too vows by the ONE TRUE ALLAH, the name of our common Creator known by many names across geological barriers, time and space.

The good prohet Muhammad, had warned the faithfuls that he was the last prophet, and there will no other - no messenger, no clerics for Islam does not teaches or condone heirachies or clerics, but each to be responsible for oneself and for the community at large.

Judaism teaches the same. Majority of civilised mainstream religions teaches the same, and Buddhism is but a way of life and not a religion.

There will be teachers, but they MUST NEVER cross the boundry of free will to enforce anyone. This is not what is meant or taught. Anyhuman who does that is NOT a teacher, but an enforcer of others will for one own purposes, generally nefarious ones such as killing others or depriving others.

The ONLY time when the Messiah or the Prophets appear is when the end time comes. There will be no warning, and that time ONLY our common Creator knows, no being else. It could be tomorrow or it could be a million years from now.

No one knows for sure but can only speculate, and made more easier to do so if there is widespread pain and suffering from all the children of our Creator if humanity's leaders do not change their ways and continue to slay and enslave mankind, but still is only speculation.

However the fact is, when those Divine Beings come, they WILL NOT be heralding a new age or any golden age. They will be here to judge and when that is done, it's a wrap and ALL OVER.

Thus, be careful, when someone comes along to claim divinity, or enslave the will of others for oneself and not for the sake of a shared community or disallow one's will to walk a path, to learn, to make mistake, to correct them, progress and evolve so long as that path taken does not hurt or harm anyone else including themselves.

For the religious faithful, pray and seek for guidance from our common Creator, and feel his words from within.

As for my fellow human atheist brothers and sisters, it will be upon your free will to know our common Creator, in His time, and not at anyone else's time.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You can and should discuss, but you are so forcefully convinced by your ideas (not experience) that you are unwilling to engage in intelligent debate. Do you think that all Christians are defective when it comes to intelligence levels? We are not. CS Lewis was a profoundly clever and wise man, who wrote some of the best apologetics known to man. I cannot compare to him (at present, but who knows about the future) - however, that does not mean that I cannot be trusted to engage you in a proper and fruitful debate. You know you are on weaker ground than usual, because you have come across a Christian who knows his God, and who has the intellect to criticise you vociferously without fear of what you might write in counter-attack. Ordinarily you would be most aggressive with those whose faith is weak, or who are unable/ unwilling to counter.

I would hazard a guess that you deliberately seek out and pick on Christians who are unable to defend their position intellectually, and claim victories for your cause every time they shy away from a conflict with you. Whenever you come across a Christian who is blessed with the ability to counter, you run. Then when challenged about your intellectual cowardice, you state some nonsense, illogical BS about 'not being able to engage with a Christian who is convinced of his beliefs'. What an EPIC FAIL of an excuse - an excuse which runs antithetical to the actual nature of debate and discussion, and smacks more of a determined pantheistic/ monistic evangelist who is not prepared to work hard in order to defend his position when criticised.

You, Autowrench, are a product of the twentieth century, laid bare for all to see. You discount any and all accounts of divine intervention in the affairs of mankind via the way of Christ (easy to understand why - Christ was quite critical of people like you), but you are not content to not believe, you feel you must preach against belief itself.

That is a most ridiculous position to adopt - you do not believe, and of course as a result you have never experienced anything of the love and power of the One God. Based on your convictions regarding your unbelief and your 'claimed evidence' of a lack of experience of the divine, you tell others to agree with your position, and you actively seek out and deride all those who are more experienced and more open-minded than yourself in the matter of relationship with God.

Just as there are smart and less smart atheists, there are smart and less smart Christians. Being less smart as a Christian doesn't preclude you from an experience of God - in fact the doctrine states that those who are considered foolish in the world's eyes will often have the most profound encounters with God. Being smart as a Christian doesn't preclude you from having that same experience of God, but if you have the ability, you are called to defend the position of Christianity in an intellectual debate, where necessary.

Is your position and argument as to why you cannot debate with me a reasonable, or clever argument?

No.

It's actually called foolishness, cowardice, and is even tentatively paramount to evidence of the shortcomings of your own position on the matter of God (you can't cope with someone who knows God and can counter your position effectively). These things can be accurately summed up by saying your position and excuses are a major FAIL.

Your argument or ability to argue are obviously too flawed to stand in the face of reasoned criticism.

Bon voyage.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

God doesn't lie either - but he veils the truth from those who consider themselves wise in their own eyes. Finding the truth is a matter of humility and the acceptance of our need for grace (nobody can be counted pure in the eyes of God - I admit that the theology behind 'the fall of man' is difficult territory, and though I've made some progress in understanding it recently, I don't feel fully confident yet to discuss at any significant length)

Perseverance in seeking the person of God is the key. If we knock, the door will be opened. After that, it's just a matter of time until he 'leads us into all truth' by the power of His Spirit. (The Holy Spirit is NOT a dragon, as posited by Autowrench...)

Christ was the fulfilment of a long-term promise made by the One God, over a period of hundreds (if not thousands) of years, and He appeared in the precise manner and at the time stated in the ancient prophetic writings found in the Old Testament.

Seeing as Math doesn't lie, we can use a mathematical example here. There are over 60 distinct prophetic passages referring to the birth, life, ministry, death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus. A scientist chose 48 of these prophecies, and worked out that the odds of one man fulfilling all of them (as Jesus did), by chance alone, was 1 in 10 to the exponent 157. That's -

1 in

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Staggering odds. Unlikely to be the result of pure chance, and more likely to indicate divine intervention. Once we move past the actual accuracy of prophecy as fulfilled in Jesus Christ, we can start to discuss His actual nature, and the meaning of His existence as relevant to modern humans. His activities back then are just as relevant to us today as they were to the first church members, who after Jesus' ascension were led by the apostles (who were commissioned by Christ to explain the gist of His purpose to the world).

Christ still provides the power to overcome evil in all its forms, and He still gives the authority to administer miracles in His name. I've seen such miracles take place, and there is no doubting the validity of the actual events. Once we accept miracles, we can move on to discuss their nature, comparing and contrasting the immediate and lasting effects/ purpose of miracles in different faiths around the world.

Nothing of Christ would have survived, and people wouldn't gone to their agonising deaths, vehemently refusing to deny Him, if He were not who He claimed to be. If we accept that He was who He claimed to be, we can look at the current situation: He is beyond time and space, an infinite God who is infinitely concerned with the universe He brought into being. And that means us too - an infinite God can care for each person individually, and does. Scripture says that the hairs on our head are numbered, and that not even a sparrow falls from the sky without His knowledge.

We are told that the universe is maintained by His word of power - elsewhere Jesus is described as the 'living word'. Mankind will find particles, and observe awesome and weird stuff going on at the quantum level - but we will not find a unified field theory until we corporately accept the possibility that God is the force behind the unified field itself. Religion and science are not mutually exclusive. The Old testament tale of the creation as described in the Book of Genesis might well be considered a sort of parable, like the ones Jesus taught.

edit on 18-7-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
the light shineth in the darkness, but the darkness comprehendeth it not.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Person who believes wholeheartedly in angels and demons has a dream about angels and demons, considers himself a prophet, warns humanity via a post on ATS. Hilarity ensues.

He didn't claim prophethood. A true prophet cannot self annoint, a prophet can only be declared by another prophet or by YHWH himself.

You don't need to be a prophet to see which way the world is leaning towards, take a look around at the current world, we have weapons capable of making every species in the world extinct and us right along with them. People sacrificng babies to Moloch via abortion, war, murder, famine, pestilence but unlike 500 years ago, it's all over the world on a scale humanity has never been before. One little vial of some nasty disease like Ebola released into a nation like the U.S. and 99% of the nations population will be dead in a matter of weeks and even the Black Death wasn't that virulent. Yet we have people who get paid to think this crap up and develop it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
reply to post by BlueMule

The Feast of Trumpets happens on the "new moon", which is 29.5 days after the last one, meaning it might occur on the 29th or 30th day, nobody knows for sure. "Of that day or hour no man knows" is an expression referring to this feast.

Jesus was Jewish, so He said Jewish stuff.

Rosh Hoshana, Yom Kippur and Sukkot are the final 3 prophecies to be fulfilled and it will be in that order. Yom Kippur comes after Rosh Hoshana and Sukkot shortly after that. These last Feasts represent the Harpazo, first Judgement and then the Millenial Reign.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

And how do you know these abortions are sacrifices? How do you know any of these are sacrifices?

Rationalizations do amazing things to your head. Terrible, yes, but amazing.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Satan isn't a snake, that's not his name it's just a title in hebrew it means "Destroyer". His name is Heylel ben Shachar, now go google what that means and you'll learn something about him.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

And how do you know these abortions are sacrifices? How do you know any of these are sacrifices?

Rationalizations do amazing things to your head. Terrible, yes, but amazing.

Murdering babies, even the unborn for the sake of maintaining prosperity or lifestyle is sacrificing to Moloch, and since 99% of abortions committed are done to maintain prosperity and lifestyle it's sacrificing to Moloch. Google Moloch, indeed rationalizations do amazing things, do not think you're the only one capable of doing them.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I have agreed / enjoyed your posts until this....

The darkness FULLY comprehends the light....

...are you all ready for this???......

:::THE LIGHT IS ONLY ALLOWED TO SHINE BECUASE THE DARKNESS ALLOWS IT:::

booom!!!

(go on, ask me why - its ok)
edit on 19/7/12 by ThatGuy45 because: I removed an "unecessary" 'word'

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuy45

:::BECAUSE THE LIGHT IS ONLY ALLOWED TO SHINE BECUASE THE DARKNESS ALLOWS IT::: (go on, ask me why - its ok)

Nope, I'm good. I can answer without your help.

Ready? You sure? No, you don't need a picture. ...fine, okay, alright. Okay, turn the camera on. Flash set? It's that button right there. No, the other one. There ya go. Turn that wheelie thing. Okay, you got it. Wait? I'm going anyway. Okay, you got it, good. Here goes:

Without light, there can be no darkness. Duh.
edit on 19-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Satan and Lucifer were two different people? I read that Satan gave Lucifer a key to some dark place and he let loose a swarm of locusts.

Far out, dude.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Murdering babies, even the unborn for the sake of maintaining prosperity or lifestyle is sacrificing to Moloch, and since 99% of abortions committed are done to maintain prosperity and lifestyle it's sacrificing to Moloch.

Do tell how you know this. What proof do you have? Just your own opinion?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

...because you have come across a Christian who knows his God, and who has the intellect to criticise you vociferously without fear of what you might write in counter-attack...

...called to defend the position of Christianity in an intellectual debate, where necessary...

...Your argument or ability to argue are obviously too flawed to stand in the face of reasoned criticism...

WOW
I mean wow... I seriously do admire / enjoy your undying devotion - but more accurately; strength / confidence. I have not seen a "Christian" with as much reasonable drive as you. I do mean that whether you believe it or not.

I admit that the theology behind 'the fall of man' is difficult territory, and though I've made some progress in understanding it recently, I don't feel fully confident yet to discuss at any significant length)

Good for you - wasted words cause problems. Let me help:

:::HUMANITY HAS BEEN ACCUSED OF LACK OF RESPECT:::

Thats it - cleansing to comense ( to those outside the "GOD" realm; it means an over abundence of life vs. sustainability of the land due to "lack of respect" / care of the dominate race to find an ability to sustain itself in "HARMONY" with the biosphere)

(The Holy Spirit is NOT a dragon, as posited by Autowrench...)

That does NOT mean that DRAGONS are not holy....
(remember, the "DEVIL" is a fallen angel... that does NOT make 'IT' any LESS of an angel...still has all the angelic abilities as the others...:@@

awww - "GOD" needs someone to due the dirty work too...

NOW: I have free willingly said all of this - NOT to try to sway thee OP...oh no, he / she is awesomely stead-fast at his / her position...

...but...

Balance is an often forgotten / misunderstood / miss-comprehended 'WORD'...

and I have now reached the end of what ~I~ feel ~I~ should / could say...

(bash away, bash away, bash away all...)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

reply to post by ThatGuy45

Without light, there can be no darkness. Duh.

OMG I COULD HUG YOU RIGHT NOW!!!

Thank yyyyyyyoooooouuuu!!!!!!!!

!

edit on 19/7/12 by ThatGuy45 because: BALANCE ~ case and point

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuy45

I have agreed / enjoyed your posts until this....

The darkness FULLY comprehends the light....

...are you all ready for this???......

:::BECAUSE THE LIGHT IS ONLY ALLOWED TO SHINE BECUASE THE DARKNESS ALLOWS IT:::

booom!!!

(go on, ask me why - its ok)

lol...okay Mr. Man, "Why does the darkness allow it?"
How would you explain the darkness as being superior to the light?

I'm curious if That Guy Mr. Man has actually ever read the Book of John, which is the source of my quote?
It's quite a compelling read and certainly wouldn't be a waste of your time, should you ever find yourself in the mood for such.

I promise it won't bite. But I can't promise it won't sting a little, until you get used to it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join