It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Marduk

Great. Marduk is back. There goes the neighborhood.

In all seriousness, i do enjoy your input. Even if it makes me want to bang my keyboard.

hey there, thanks for remembering, last I remember you had worms
how did that turn out in the end ?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Marduk

It seems that the conical lamp looking object is mentioned in this tablet.

What is the translation of the symbol in the tablet that can also be seen on the cylinders.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

How is that mentioned in the script when it is part of the script.

Some reading for you about different scripts.

www.ancientscripts.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Dont undersand the point of your reply.

What I was showing is that the object in question can be seen in writing. Would you know the name of the translation of that conical object in the tablet?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

What I was showing is that the object in question can be seen in writing. Would you know the name of the translation of that conical object in the tablet?

it looks to me like an inventory tablet, but you're going to have to be much more specific if you want me to guess where the cone is on a 2d tablet

can you give me, which column across and which box down, then I'll have a go at sinking your battleship

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Sorry,a little grumpy tonight.

Maybe the conical symbol for bread,but I could be wrong.

It didn't turn out very clear,I hope you can make it out.

www.ancientscripts.com...
edit on 18-7-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

it looks to me like an inventory tablet, but you're going to have to be much more specific if you want me to guess where the cone is on a 2d tablet

can you give me, which column across and which box down, then I'll have a go at sinking your battleship

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

ok I'll tell you what that is as soon as you tell me why you have deliberately rotated the image 90 degrees to the right ?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I didnt rotate, thats just the way I found it on the net.
suite101.com...
edit on 19-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

The prevailing theory on the design of monumental true pyramids is that their shape was modelled on the Benben: a conical-shaped stone venerated in the ‘Mansion Of The Phoenix’ at Heliopolis (pyr. 1652). The ‘Mansion Of The Phoenix’ was presumably within the precinct of the Great Sun Temple of Heliopolis, but there is evidence, however, that the Benben was worshipped there well before the sun cult of Ra (Baines, Orientalia 39, 1979, p.391). The stone was probably originally associated to Atum,

robertbauval.co.uk...
edit on 19-7-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

These conical shaped stones were venerated all over the world. I believe they have a common origin and date back to a time before the destruction of Atlantis. Edgar Cayce called these objects fire crystals and said their manufacture was only known to the high priests. I dont usually agree with psychic readings but in this case I think he is right and this gives me more faith in his readings. In ancient Greece the orical of delphi was said to sit on a tripod that was placed directly above one of these stones. I believe that there were very few of these stones and that in time imitation stones replaced the real thing.

These are not to be confused with the conical shaped bread that was given to royalty and high priests. I do not doubt that those bread cakes had some unusual ingredients though and powdered gold may have been one of them. Eating gold was thought in almost every country in antiquity to extend life even the rich Victorians in England would eat flours of gold, In India they still do. The ancient alchemists thought "aurum potabile" (edible gold) was the answer to long life.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

The prevailing theory on the design of monumental true pyramids is that their shape was modelled on the Benben: a conical-shaped stone venerated in the ‘Mansion Of The Phoenix’ at Heliopolis (pyr. 1652). The ‘Mansion Of The Phoenix’ was presumably within the precinct of the Great Sun Temple of Heliopolis, but there is evidence, however, that the Benben was worshipped there well before the sun cult of Ra (Baines, Orientalia 39, 1979, p.391). The stone was probably originally associated to Atum,

robertbauval.co.uk...

These conical shaped stones were venerated all over the world.

I believe Marduk suggested consulting legitimate sources, didn't he?

The benben was the primordial mound that arose from the endless sea at the dawn of time (for the Ancient Egyptians.)

Bauval in your quote has (probably purposefully) confused the very same two things just posted about - the benben and the benben stone.

The pyramids, and the mastabas, are thought to be representations of the primordial mound, not some stone on a pedestal at Heliopolis, though it all relates back to the original - the primordial mound - which was, ahem, a mound.

Harte

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

He and you may suggest what you like however I think you will find I'm not one of your school bunny's nor am I seeking teaching from you.

I quoted from National geographic, you and your friend I'm sure go all weak at the knees with any quote extracted from such a "academic" journal no !

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

He and you may suggest what you like however I think you will find I'm not one of your school bunny's nor am I seeking teaching from you.

I quoted from National geographic, you and your friend I'm sure go all weak at the knees with any quote extracted from such a "academic" journal no !

Dood you mentioned Atlantis, short of mentioning the Bible you committed thread suicide to these scholars.

"ATLANTIS!"

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I didnt rotate, thats just the way I found it on the net.
suite101.com...

ahh, my apologies to you then, Its actually a list of temple offerings. The cuneiform you are referring to I think is "bread" accompanied by tally marks indicating the quantity, but the triangle should be on the left, not at the top, the columns should run down the page. This is pretty primitive cuneiform
I notice they have it the right way up on the wiki page for "civilisation"
en.wikipedia.org...
the text there describes it thus

26th century BCE Sumerian cuneiform script in Sumerian language, listing gifts to the high priestess of Adab on the occasion of her election. One of the earliest examples of human writing.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

There are in fact no words which start with s-h in any mesopotamian language.

I got some questions for You my friend.

Some time, approaching the year 1800 BCE, a fellow was brought out of UR, and he settled somewhere around the Dead Sea/Jordan River area. GOD, made a deal with him, and the story basically goes from there.

Now, if someone who came from UR, and in the period approaching 1800 BCE isn't a Mesopotamian, what exactly is?

With that asked, wouldn't we expect that the peoples that where left behind, in UR, would have spoken the same Language?

Because, in the Case of the Fellow from UR, there is an s h word, although it would be more of a s word.

Shem, which is a descendant of Adam, through Noah, is known to this fellow from UR.
Shem, means shame, but the word would have been Sem prior to it`s English Transliteration.

This is why I think there is some confusion with LUXUS. The Ancient term would have been SEM, not SHEM, as the word is depicted now.

Next question

This benben thing. Would it be fair to say, you are all speaking of the same thing. From my distorted background, Biblically Speaking,
is not the ``mound`` or `mount`` the Ancient Place of the gods to reside. Would it be fair to then expect that the various peoples that followed would have incorporated this within their ``religious`` rites, and depictions in some way. I would also expect that the interpretation becomes altered in some way, between these peoples, but the basic intent was still being implied. ``The place of the gods`` or ``Where the gods reside``.

And Finally

What is your impression of the following Bible Verse, as it revolves around these two Ancient Peoples.

``Isaiah 19:25 Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.``

I understand this is found within a Prophesy Concerning Egypt, but I am certain, this verse does not play out in the Sunday Morning Sermons of the Churches.

Why would you think these two peoples would be classified in such a manner.

1: Blessed be Egypt MY PEOPLE
2: and Assyria the WORK OF MY HANDS

It is clear why Israel is noted as it is, being MINE INHERITANCE, and strangely enough that had to do with the Deal between GOD and that fellow from UR.

Just looking for your opinion Marduk

Thanks in advance.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

If you quoted this from NatGeo, I missed it.

The source you yourself linked in the post I was responding to was certainly not National Geographic.

Originally posted by Shane
This benben thing. Would it be fair to say, you are all speaking of the same thing. From my distorted background, Biblically Speaking,
is not the ``mound`` or `mount`` the Ancient Place of the gods to reside. Would it be fair to then expect that the various peoples that followed would have incorporated this within their ``religious`` rites, and depictions in some way. I would also expect that the interpretation becomes altered in some way, between these peoples, but the basic intent was still being implied. ``The place of the gods`` or ``Where the gods reside``.

Hello, Shane.

I believe this is similar to what I said when I stated that "...it all relates back to the original - the primordial mound..."

The benben is the first piece of dry land that emerged from the endless waters.

The benben stone is named after the benben mound.

It is my understanding that mastabas and pyramids are supposedly representional of the benben mound, not the benben stone - which is what Bauval seems to state in the quote from Luxus' post.

Thus my reiteration of Marduk's suggestion about legitimate sources.

I might be wrong, but believe me, I'm not gonna take Bauval's word for it!

Harte

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Looks like a transitional form from pictographs.. archaic .. not cuneiform .

It bears a resemblance to the character for SAG ... which can mean many thing dependent on placement in context .
Head = SAG
Leader = SAG DU
HURSAGMU = Mountain of the Sky
Harsag Zalazalag = Peak Which Emits the Brilliance

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

Looks like a transitional form from pictographs.. archaic .. not cuneiform .

It bears a resemblance to the character for SAG ... which can mean many thing dependent on placement in context .
Head = SAG
Leader = SAG DU
HURSAGMU = Mountain of the Sky
Harsag Zalazalag = Peak Which Emits the Brilliance

Thank you for answering that for Marduk. So could the conical object mentioned in this discussion have a pictograph or cuneiform counterpart?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

That is just my best guess based on limited research ..the problem is that the language evolved so much ..

I'll be interested to see what someone educated in the texts has to say ..

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Line 8 shows you the progression ...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join