It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremseh killings targeted rebels – UN monitors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

www.rt.com

The attack on the Syrian city of Tremseh, widely condemned by the West as civilian murder, actually targeted rebels and army defectors, says a UN investigation. The findings contradict opposition claims of civilian killings by Assad forces.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au
www.thereporter.com

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The UN reports looks to actually lean more and more in Assad's favor as of late (Assad's reports not politics). The conspiracy theories popularized by the big western global medias looks to loose more and more factual support on a daily basis currently and thus loosing even more reliability.

With a steady stream of false information from the opposing front regularly being reported and continuing reports of al-qaeda activity both currently on site and moving from Iraq I'm lead to believe the situation may be out of both governing and opposing forces hands.

May the case well be that we have a situation where the governing group would not even be able to lay down their weapons without risking an unprecedented mass murder?

www.rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
TODAY, if one lives in Syria, Russia or even China, he can simply and easily label ANYONE, including his neighbour, as a 'terrorist', torture and slaughter him, his wife and his kids, and even burn his down WITH NO recriminations by those tyrants in charge.

Afterall, the tyrants, who represent the law,is doing that to their own citizens.

The HumanSlayer Assad had been butchering his own citizens, by the tens of thousands innocent unarmed men, whom and children since day 1 and had been labelling those he tortured and butchered were 'terrorists'. The greatest irony of all is that he alone is the BIGGEST terrorist of Syria, with his tortures, slayings of innocents, and gettting away SCOT FREE!

WHO REALLY were the supposed 'terrorists' murdered, as accused by the beast,his supporters and media, in the MASSACRE of Tremseh Village?

They were not the sophisticated real terrorists whom ATTACKED New York, London, Madrid, India, Kabul and almost everywhere else.

Those supposed 'terrorists' in Tremseh Village were only farmers, goatheards, blacksmiths, shopkeepers, wives and kids, along with men of conscience-the Army Deserters whom had refused to slaughter their own fellow citizens under the beast Assad.

They were only DEFENDING their village from HumanSlayer Assad and his drug fueled crazed supporters while rotating from the work fields to defend strong-hold buildings that protected their loved ones where they were gathered, with pitchforks, knives, and small arms, for the RULE OF LAW and JUSTICE had ALREADY long been brokened by the brutal leader of Syria himself, the mass murderer Assad!

That HumanSlayer had been on a murderous rampage for months with his helicopter gunships, tanks artillery and animal forces hunting and slaughtering EVERY fellow human brothers and sisters in Syria! How long must Syrians bear this MONSTER with their pitchforks and small arms???!!!!

Have the World, UN Monitors and Press lost their mind and conscience, by ALLOWING that brutal HumanSlayer Assad to call those defenders of their loved ones as 'terrorists'?????
edit on 15-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Not to support Assad at all but..
Ain't the American government happily using the terrorist stamp right and left also? Only difference being that terrorism has actually been a big problem in the middle east for a long time even excluding those questionably stamped by the governing parties?

Not saying the events in USA was less tragic, only pointing to the fact that numerous of American stamped terrorist lately have not even killed anyone.
And even the ones that have ended in loss of lives are currently questioned by a large part of it's inhabitants.(thought I should not mention but for the sake of including all data)

Not picking sides here, just pointing flaws in the logic. And again, I'm absolutely not supporting Assad's wrongdoings in any way.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, they said "rebels and army defectors", not terrorists. Big difference
edit on 15-7-2012 by ShadowBase because: Forgot something

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowBase

Not picking sides with you too, but can we stick to the topic, more so since you are the threadstarter?

It's about Syria, what is happening in Syria and about Syrians, not about some other nation such as USA, the moon or mars. Those nations, worlds and blame games that would only justifiably stretch back to Adam and Eve can be discussed on other threads

I apologise humbly if i had offended.

Edit:- it was what that animal Assad accused over the news, as people who oppose him are terrorists, even unarmed ones, as well as his barbarian supporters who made such claims. Such accusations can be be found posted by others on other Syrian threads.

edit on 15-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I think we're not quite on the same page. No need to be offended for misunderstandings.

I'm sorry if it came out at a blame game reply. Don't really know how to put it at the moment but shall try.
My point was not the difference but rather saying we can not set aside the possibility that some of the later reports from the governing group are true as more and more other sources reporting activity that actually supports it. The America reference where only meant as a "everybody blames everybody" and and a reminder to be unbiased. Not saying Assad suddenly turned good or whatever but the government agreeing to cease-fire followed by "it was self defense" reports seems to have become a pattern down there lately.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowBase

www.rt.com

The attack on the Syrian city of Tremseh, widely condemned by the West as civilian murder, actually targeted rebels and army defectors, says a UN investigation.

Something RT 'news' left out in that paragraph from the UN report was the word 'activists'.

“the attack on Tremseh appeared targeted at specific groups and houses, mainly of army defectors and activists.”

Now, before soemone says I'm defending 'the rebels', I'm not. I'm just pointing out that 'activists' means anyone opposed to Assad. So, they killed people who were opposed to Assad. The UN Report also mentions many of the people killed were villagers defending their town. Not just members of the western-backed "FSA".

Isn't that sort of like how the US labels anyone they kill with drone strike a 'combatant' or 'insurgent' or whatever?

'We killed you, in the process of defending yourself against our attacks, so you are an enemy combatant'.

see what i mean?

The UN recently met in Geneva to divvy up control of Syria over the next few years. They have basically told Russia (and China to a lesser degree) what the plan is, and that they can have till the end of the US elections to try and get Assad to step down 'peacefully' and maintain just the facade of power. A long, drawn out civil war will likely last for years in Syria. US and Russia are on the same side on this one.
edit on 15-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

www.rt.com

The attack on the Syrian city of Tremseh, widely condemned by the West as civilian murder, actually targeted rebels and army defectors, says a UN investigation.

Something RT 'news' left out in that paragraph from the UN report was the word 'activists'.

“the attack on Tremseh appeared targeted at specific groups and houses, mainly of army defectors and activists.”

Now, before soemone says I'm defending 'the rebels', I'm not. I'm just pointing out that 'activists' means anyone opposed to Assad. So, they killed people who were opposed to Assad. The UN Report also mentions many of the people killed were villagers defending their town. Not just members of the western-backed "FSA".

Isn't that sort of like how the US labels anyone they kill with drone strike a 'combatant' or 'insurgent' or whatever?

'We killed you, in the process of defending yourself against our attacks, so you are an enemy combatant'.

see what i mean?

The UN recently met in Geneva to divvy up control of Syria over the next few years. They have basically told Russia (and China to a lesser degree) what the plan is, and that they can have till the end of the US elections to try and get Assad to step down 'peacefully' and maintain just the facade of power. A long, drawn out civil war will likely last for years in Syria. US and Russia are on the same side on this one.

No, it means Assad forces killed anyone they wished and labeled them activists. The town was targeted because they thought "activists" were there. Activists are anyone not killing for Assad to stay in power.
This UN report confirms all previous reports and findings, Assad forces are butchering the population.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

No, it means Assad forces killed anyone they wished and labeled them activists. The town was targeted because they thought "activists" were there. Activists are anyone not killing for Assad to stay in power.
This UN report confirms all previous reports and findings, Assad forces are butchering the population.

No, now you're going to the other extreme and just promoting proWest propaganda. That's not what the UN report states at all. It explicitly points out that while SOME civilians were killed, the vast majority were members of armed opposition groups in a civil war.

Of course, that's not to say I put much stock in the UN report, which was specifically tailored to cater to Russian interests in the UN plan to divvy up Syria over the next few years between key players in the east and west.

But you should at least get what they say straight.

There is a tendency i've observed on ATS to want to believe one 'side' or another in conflicts like this. The reality is all 'sides' (in this case, basically the US and Russia) are working together for a mutually understood goal, and all posturing is just for the value of the spectacle.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

No, now you're going to the other extreme and just promoting proWest propaganda. That's not what the UN report states at all. It explicitly points out that while SOME civilians were killed, the vast majority were members of armed opposition groups in a civil war.

Of course, that's not to say I put much stock in the UN report, which was specifically tailored to cater to Russian interests in the UN plan to divvy up Syria over the next few years between key players in the east and west.

But you should at least get what they say straight.

There is a tendency i've observed on ATS to want to believe one 'side' or another in conflicts like this. The reality is all 'sides' (in this case, basically the US and Russia) are working together for a mutually understood goal, and all posturing is just for the value of the spectacle.

Well for one thing the source is bad as they have deliberately left out the wording of the UN report to change its entire meaning. The thread is all propaganda proliferation from the moment it was posted. RT is part of Putin's propaganda machine.
Because of the deliberate exclusion by the source, the thread belongs in the hoax bin.
edit on 15-7-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I see. You arent interested in discussing the info presented. You just want to attack the source, and the OP.
Carry on.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

What are you talking about? You are going to fast towards a conclusion based on nothing but speculation. Either that or there is something I've missed. Why don't you add the information which made you come to that conclusion to support your claim and for the sake of a healthy discussion.

Regarding RT being biased, they all are to some extent. That's why we're not only using American, Russian, Middle-Eastern or any other media source exclusively. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought questioning and being thorough was the main point of this site.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

What are you talking about? You are going to fast towards a conclusion based on nothing but speculation. Either that or there is something I've missed. Why don't you add the information which made you come to that conclusion to support your claim and for the sake of a healthy discussion.

Regarding RT being biased, they all are to some extent. That's why we're not only using American, Russian, Middle-Eastern or any other media source exclusively. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought questioning and being thorough was the main point of this site.

What part of RT left out actual wording inside the UN statement do you not understand?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Have you noticed that RT are not the only ones sharing that news? I've even included 2 other sources for diversity and quality of material. I don't see how a hoax stamp is justified.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Have you noticed that RT are not the only ones sharing that news? I've even included 2 other sources for diversity and quality of material. I don't see how a hoax stamp is justified.

It's hardly a Hoax, but what do you have to say about the way your RT link intentionally leaves out part of the UN report?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

There are no excuses for news media manipulating data. I may not have recognized it but any media source should ideally stay unbiased. That's why multiple sources always should be included. The patterns emerging from steadily increasing numbers of false reports from the opposing front are still worrying.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Sharing flawed news does not fix the flaws.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowBase

Shadowbase i couldn't agree more with you, although these reports then really do show that Assad was right when stated it was targeted Rebel forces, which most if not all of them or some of its groups have ties to terrorist groups.

edit on 15-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You mean like flawed news on CNN,BBC,CBC and all other on the western news outlets aren't they flawed?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

You mean like flawed news on CNN,BBC,CBC and all other on the western news outlets aren't they flawed?

No, they are correct in their portrayal of Assad slaughtering his own people. This UN report says he targeted activists. If the worlds nations were all manned by Assads, all the Occupy people the world over would have been butchered in the streets or systematically tortured before their deaths.
edit on 16-7-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

top topics

join