It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken coop case: Teen allegedly wore a shock collar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Chicken coop case: Teen allegedly wore a shock collar

www.myfoxal.com

According to agents at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, the 15-year-old girl told authorities a shock collar for dogs was placed around her neck and used on her several times. Investigators say a remote key fob was used to shock the girl at will by anyone in control of the collar.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I wonder if these obviously god-fearing people think gays are evil and abuse their children???

The neighbor said that Diana Franklin would only feed her daughter bread and water as punishment for days on end. The neighbor says that Diana Franklin told her that she was "doing what the Bible says."

The mere fact that religious nutcases like this can even THINK that their behaviour is acceptable is an indictment on fundamentalists of all ilks - whether it be moslems in the mid-east, or x-ians in the USA, or anyone anywhere else.

No doubt "good christians" will condemn this - but that'll be little comfort to victims of christianity anywhere.

www.myfoxal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Starving and physically abusing a child.

These are some of the very few reasons I'd consider bringing back stoning...

edit on 14-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Starving a child.

These are one of the very few reasons I'd consider bringing back stoning...

Just spit my drink on the screen laughing.

CJ

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I suppose you can say that she was being nice. Considering the amount of people who commit mass murder "just doing what the (insert holy book here) says" she was a saint.

CJ

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Sick and twisted.

And why is it that these deranged folks always try to use the Bible as an excuse for their behavior ?

NO WHERE in the BIBLE does it teach what these two freaks did to their adopted child.

No wonder the world is so dead set against faith.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

No doubt "good christians" will condemn this - but that'll be little comfort to victims of christianity anywhere.

So, what should "good Christians" do? Applaud it?
Anyone that is 'good' should condemn it, whatever their religion or absence of religion, for that matter.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Jesus Christ - pun intended - there are some screwed up people in the world.

Not only have these hick X-ians totally destroyed a young girls life.....They will now be supported by the taxation department for the next 'x' years.

People like this should be staked over a fire-ant nest and left.

edit on 14/7/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Put the collar on the person that was pressing the remote control button.

Now that we're all angry, remember that police use tazers on 10 year old children.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Ummmm....You might want to read (and then re-read) Leviticus.

The bible not only endorses slavery, but it sets a universal rate that can be easily calculated today.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Christian Old Testament.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Christian Old Testament.
There weren't any Christians involved with writing the Old Testament.
I don't understand why the OT wasn't dropped by the new faith when it started. That is the reason why the Jews had Christ crucified, his teachings contradicted the Torah and threatened their power. I think that's right?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I guess God isn't christian. Supposedly HE wrote the ten commandments and I believe they are in the Old Testament...

CJ

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I guess God isn't christian. Supposedly HE wrote the ten commandments and I believe they are in the Old Testament...

CJ
What I'm saying is that Christianity began with Christ and his time on Earth. The Old Testament was written by the Jews that pre-dated him. God gave the Ten Commandments to Moses. I'm pretty sure Moses was a Hebrew, but I don't know how we could possibly say that he was a Christian.

I think that the God of the Jews, Christians and Moslems are one and the same. It is the people that follow various teachers and prophets that fall into the divisions of that base religion, not God himself.

If you are saying that God is a Christian, that would make him a follower of Jesus and his teachings. I would hesitate to say that is the way to put things into words.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Anybody worth their salt knows that.

What I'm saying is that many Christians refer to that part of the Bible as the Old Testament. Where an Eye for Eye and so on is mentioned vs Turn the other Cheek which is what Christ was sharing etc...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I am clearly not worth my salt. I meant it is taken literally as being written "by god's finger". Poor wording on my part.

CJ

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, the previously mentioned Leviticus text is a huge contradiction to Christ's teachings, even the ones that were not stripped out of the New Testament.
I fail to see how a person can be a follower of the teachings of Christ and use the violence and hatred found in the Old Testament as rules to live by.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

CJ

I am not sure why, but there seem to be a lot of people unable to understand that christians follow christ. They seem confused by the old testament, and think god is a christian!

Like saying Frank on his horse and cart is a formula 1 driver.

As a non-christian, not follower of any faith, I also condemn the people in the article. A long prison term should be set to them, where people like them should be. Not sure I'd want to follow the set examples of that other faith that still kills women and gay men in public and on display...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Ummmm....You might want to read (and then re-read) Leviticus.

The bible not only endorses slavery, but it sets a universal rate that can be easily calculated today.

No YOU read the story again. Don't you preach at me. You have no idea. I know what's in there and I know what's not.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

I wonder if these obviously god-fearing people think gays are evil and abuse their children???

you just kind of added that in there in an effort to sensationalize a story about child abuse.

The mere fact that religious nutcases like this can even THINK that their behaviour is acceptable is an indictment on fundamentalists of all ilks - whether it be moslems in the mid-east, or x-ians in the USA, or anyone anywhere else.

Fundamentalist? Where do you come up with this? Because a neighbor mentioned some conversation in which the bible was mentioned? And let me guess the logic you use to defend the actions of atheists like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc. does not apply to someone who mentioned the bible one time to their neighbor.

Oh i see now... You are one of those people that thinks its Fox news when it is a story you agree with but it is Faux news when they say something you don't like.

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Of course Faux News has to invent some BS "legaleeeze" to justify jumping off the birther shipwreck - they couldn't possibly just admit that they have been wrong and stupid.

I guess you don't have to be religious to use that kind of religious doublethink.
edit on 15-7-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join