It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Ship with Helicopters for Syrian Regime sets sail Again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This is all a big show only

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The helicopters that are being delivered are owned by Syria. They were sent to Russia for repairs for which the Russians have been paid. This is delivery on a business arrangement yet people on here are acting like the Russians are selling or delivering arms to Assad. By refusing to return them, Russia would be placing some embargo against Syria which is not in their best interests.

Assad's rule will fall as do all dictatorships over time. It is simply a matter of course. These things can often take generations but history and modern day Middle Eastern events have shown that the sands of Assad's hourglass are trickling down.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wow.
Who's got the hot potato now ?
Honestly, I have to say that this thread has been great, members (most) backing up their arguments with supporting evidence !!! Don't see alot of that here now, and to tell you what I'm on the fence on this one simply because of all the facts presented to me.

It's a massive board of chess right now, I think Russia is just moving their pieces into position not to be let out of the game, meanwhile China has it's hands full with the whole Philippians fiasco with their destroyer running aground last week off the Philippians zone causing a massive uproar over there, so I think they will rely on the Russian presence in the middle east.

America kind of has the 'excuse' to exploit and move most of their offensive assets into place near Iran putting them in a nice spot on the board.

So there you go I'm still on the fence.
edit on 15-7-2012 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2012 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Helicopters aside for a moment,it looks like the battle for Damascus may have begun today-with a bus bomb earlier,and now reports of heavy fighting in the capital city.
Only the other day the opposition were saying they were planning for an endgame by taking the fight to the capital.

Opposition fighters battled Syrian government forces in districts in the south of Damascus on Sunday, some of the most intensive daytime fighting yet inside the city limits of the capital.

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Ben81

then its ok to deliver helicopter that are not even armed

Seriously, you believe that ?

You have proof? The only thing I have seen from you, are one-liners, sarcasm, or pictures of a condescending nature aimed at other members. Try refuting or providing facts.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

You have proof? The only thing I have seen from you, are one-liners, sarcasm, or pictures of a condescending nature aimed at other members. Try refuting or providing facts.

In keeping with its contractual obligations, Russia will continue to supply Syria with arms and military hardware, including anti-aircraft defense systems, a top Russian official in charge of military-technical cooperation has told reporters. “Russia has its obligations to Syria under contracts that had been previously signed,” Vyacheslav Dzirkaln, the head of the Military Technical Cooperation service, told reporters at the Farnborough air show. Dzirkaln also mentioned contracts related to the “delivery of anti-aircraft weapons,” as well as helicopters serviced in Russia.

Russia will continue to supply weapons to Syria by contracts

Need ANY more ?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by stanguilles7

the rebels are the same people who pretended to be al Qa'ida right? I get so confused

Yeah, it gets tricky. The rebels are all al Qa'ida but al Qa'ida is just a fiction of the Western media, so the rebels dont actually exist, i guess.

Maybe Syria is just a fictional country.

I think anything outside of America is just a fiction of the Liberal media.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You get that the anti-aircraft systems are ground based, not mounted on the helicopters, right?

Your post seems to imply you think they are the same thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

In keeping with its contractual obligations, Russia will continue to supply Syria with arms and military hardware, including anti-aircraft defense systems, a top Russian official in charge of military-technical cooperation has told reporters. “Russia has its obligations to Syria under contracts that had been previously signed,” Vyacheslav Dzirkaln, the head of the Military Technical Cooperation service, told reporters at the Farnborough air show. Dzirkaln also mentioned contracts related to the “delivery of anti-aircraft weapons,” as well as helicopters serviced in Russia.

Russia will continue to supply weapons to Syria by contracts

Need ANY more ?

No, I don't. I'm still waiting for you to provide proof that the helicopters are sent armed.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by sonnny1

You get that the anti-aircraft systems are ground based, not mounted on the helicopters, right?

No, my post confirms Russia is providing weapons. You would have to be gullible to think, these helicopters are just for sightseeing.......... You would have to be incredibly naive to think they have NO weapons on them.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

No, my post confirms Russia is providing weapons. You would have to be gullible to think, these helicopters are just for sightseeing.......... You would have to be incredibly naive to think they have NO weapons on them.

Ok, so no proof. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beaux
The helicopters that are being delivered are owned by Syria. They were sent to Russia for repairs for which the Russians have been paid. This is delivery on a business arrangement yet people on here are acting like the Russians are selling or delivering arms to Assad. By refusing to return them, Russia would be placing some embargo against Syria which is not in their best interests.

Well that's true. Next to the US, Russia is the largest arms dealer in the ME. I guess they are looking out for their best interests.

Their Bottom Line.

The Russians are laughing all the way to bank.

Assad's rule will fall as do all dictatorships over time. It is simply a matter of course. These things can often take generations but history and modern day Middle Eastern events have shown that the sands of Assad's hourglass are trickling down.

Careful now.

Some will claim that's only proof an obvious CIA/Mossad/MI5/PTA/DVD/VHS and my Cousin Vinny's plot.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

No, I don't. I'm still waiting for you to provide proof that the helicopters are sent armed.

Really. Aircraft are not shipped with the weapons armed and primed. You know that.Quit playing dumb.

But they are shipped with all the fixings, ready to be used. You have to load the weapons.

Russia isn't refurbishing these "helicopters" for anything, but what they were designed to do.

Attack.

Keep playing the nuance game. It suits you.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Really. Aircraft are not shipped with the weapons armed and primed. You know that.Quit playing dumb.

But they are shipped with all the fixings, ready to be used. You have to load the weapons.

Russia isn't refurbishing these "helicopters" for anything, but what they were designed to do.

Attack.

Keep playing the nuance game. It suits you.

I'm not playing any game. It was your condescending pic. Not mine. You implied that they were sent armed. Not me. This was a contract that Russia is delivering on. You know that. Quit playing dumb, it doesn't suit you.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Attack.

There aren’t a lot of camouflaged military ATTACK helicopters used for humanitarian aid!

I’m sure they are for peaceful purposes though (wink wink)

edit on 15-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I didnt say they aren't attack helicopters, Professor Straw Man.

Your post was clearly confusing the surface to air missile systems and the helicopters. I merely pointed out they arent the same thing.

You're just playing semantic games now, trying to imply I am saying something I am not saying. I'll leave you to it.

edit on 15-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I'm not playing any game. It was your condescending pic. Not mine. You implied that they were sent armed. Not me. This was a contract that Russia is delivering on. You know that. Quit playing dumb, it doesn't suit you.

Wrong.

Op purposely called them Helicopters. Yes that they are. But he left out the the most important part. They are ATTACK HELICOPTERS. Get it? The pick illustrated how easily people like him, and you are willing to go, to deny that fact. Heres more condescending facts........

Attack Helicopter: Between ~70 and ~84
Armed Transport/Utility Helicopter: Between ~106 and ~120
Electronic Warfare/Command Helicopter: Between ~0 and ~10

Syrian Aircraft Inventory

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I didnt say they aren't attack helicopters.....

Op clearly left that out, didn't he ?

That was my whole point.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

That was my whole point.

LOL. As long as you dont keep saying you think helicopters have surface to air missiles.

lol
edit on 15-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That was my whole point.

No he didn't.

Read Ben81's thread again.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join