It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Images from Cemetery

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
Although I have recently read somewhere "proof" that ALL orbs are just dust particles, I personally, have to disagree with that due to all the eye-witness accounts of people saying they have had colored orbs appear in the room with them, seeing them with the naked eye.

In the third picture one of the orbs seems to have a greenish hue to it. Green aura represents healing. This must have been a good soul, if it was truly the real deal.

The OP has a great orb photo behind a grave marked "ANGEL"....when enlarged, it has an actual face in it.
I know it's real because I was with him when he took it...and when he enlarged the photo of the orb on his computer.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Although I have recently read somewhere "proof" that ALL orbs are just dust particles, I personally, have to disagree with that due to all the eye-witness accounts of people saying they have had colored orbs appear in the room with them, seeing them with the naked eye.

In the third picture one of the orbs seems to have a greenish hue to it. Green aura represents healing. This must have been a good soul, if it was truly the real deal.

The OP has a great orb photo behind a grave marked "ANGEL"....when enlarged, it has an actual face in it.
I know it's real because I was with him when he took it...and when he enlarged the photo of the orb on his computer.

I thought I could see a face on it, but didn't say because it is so small in the pic to be sure. But, yeah... good catch!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Hey there ArcAngel ... as you said yourself orbs can never truly be distinguished ... that said I do believe that spirit can manifest as an orb because I've actually seen several in manifestation with the naked eye ... but in photographs it's damn near impossible to say one way or the other ... the orbs in the photographs in the OP look to me to be moisture in the air ... I have many similar outdoor pictures myself that are just like this ... but that's not to say all of them were of mundane source ... as I said it's just virtually impossible to tell.

Now the first picture is a very different matter ... that my friend is a keeper and a picture any Paranormal Investigator would be pleased to have in their collection. I'll go further and say it's one of the most interesting photographs I've seen in a long time ... I honestly think you captured something here ... could catch

Just to make you aware I'm not going to be on the boards for a week as I'm off to visit friends on the Isle of Skye so please don't think me ignorant if you respond to this and I don't answer

Woody

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I thought I could see a face on it, but didn't say because it is so small in the pic to be sure. But, yeah... good catch!

Actually, the orb photo I was referencing hasn't been posted yet!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Actually, the orb photo I was referencing hasn't been posted yet!

Well, don't you see a face on this one? I do. At least I saw what looked like two eyes, and a mouth. Look closer.

edit on 7/16/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here are the pictures of the "Angel" grave. Maybe it was the name or maybe it was environment. Whatever it was, I was fascinated to take a picture here. In this picture, you can see the orb in the upper right.

This is the orb expanded. I see a fat face in there, almost cherubic.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
Here are the pictures of the "Angel" grave. Maybe it was the name or maybe it was environment. Whatever it was, I was fascinated to take a picture here. In this picture, you can see the orb in the upper right.

Yes, I see the face clearly. I saw it clearly on the other one, too.

If I use my imagination, this one almost looks like the face of a dog.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I've been trying to blow this orb up and play with the contrast...what I see inside is impressive...and definitely a distinct face of what looks like a child...or an strange-looking older person with a round face

Unfortunately, I cannot post this through my computer.

If anyone here can enlarge, enhance and post this orb image, I think we would all be very surprised.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong ArcAngel, but wasn't this one of the first photos we took upon entering the cemetery.
Again, I remember walking ahead of you and the others and spotting a possum nearby this tombstone, which drew my attention to the name 'ANGEL'.

After getting a strong 'feeling' we should take a photo there, I called you over to take this shot.
I think it is one of the most interesting orb shots I've ever seen.

On a related note, we've all heard, ad nauseum, that all orbs are simply dust or pollen...however, when one looks at the Angel tombstone image, one sees ONLY one lone orb.

One would not generally expect to see a lone particle so isolated over such a wide area, were this dust or pollen stirred up by wind or movement. Surely, under those circumstances, there would at least be several others in the same vicinity.
edit on 16-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Is it a violation of ToC to point out that orbs are usually just dust?

I've been on paranormal investigations both with "professional" teams and as an amateur and orbs often show up in photos. Even though at the time I wanted to believe in the paranormal I was still intelligent enough to know that most orbs, if not all, are caused by completely mundane things like dust, bugs, and light sources particularly when reacting to the flash of the camera.

On one investigation I broke off from the group and went out into an empty field with a friend of mine to take photos and see if anything was out there. While out there I got a few photos and realized that they were filled with so-called 'orbs'. This photo has become my own textbook example of why paranormal investigators should not deceive themselves into thinking orbs are anything out of the ordinary:

As for the apparition I hate to rain on your parade but we may be looking at a case of pareidolia, as in picking out familiar (often human) shapes from what is actually just darkened terrain.

I gave up paranormal investigation a long time ago but the best piece of advice I can give is to be skeptical. The data and evidence you collect is only worth something if it's definitively paranormal, if there's a chance something mundane is the explanation it's best to rule it out. When you have a desire to believe you have to do your best to balance that with an extra dose of skepticism and caution to avoid bias.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Thank you very much for your post and for taking the time to post that picture. I am learning and asked for comments to help me learn and this is very informative.

The TOC comment were for people that come in and call those who do this ignorant or stupid. Not for posting about orbs.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Certainly, your posted example would probably be pollen, given the field below.
However, your example while a good one, doesn't preclude other orbs from being something other than dust, pollen or insects.

Not the best analogy but, because distant airplanes at night have lights...which make them look very much like stars, doesn't mean that ALL stars in the night sky are airplanes.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I'm not saying orbs are ALWAYS dust or bugs, just that 99.9999999% of the time there is a mundane explanation for them. There's lot's of just plain crazy stuff about orbs on the internet, such as those who imagine the faces of spirits in photos that are obviously of the ordinary dust/bug orb variety. Orbs, if they exist, may not be paranormal at all, but may merely be an undocumented natural phenomenon, their association with so-called spirits may be entirely misguided.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by IAMTAT

I'm not saying orbs are ALWAYS dust or bugs, just that 99.9999999% of the time there is a mundane explanation for them. There's lot's of just plain crazy stuff about orbs on the internet, such as those who imagine the faces of spirits in photos that are obviously of the ordinary dust/bug orb variety. Orbs, if they exist, may not be paranormal at all, but may merely be an undocumented natural phenomenon, their association with so-called spirits may be entirely misguided.

Point taken, but your 99.9999999% figure is not proven statistical fact and remains personal opinion not supported by any true empirical evidence.

Let's agree that the overwhelming majority of orb photos probably DO reflect the mundane, however, there still exists room for capturing something paranormal in orb form to be considered, immeasurable though that percentage may be.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

1st pic all I see is the guy standing in front of the camera and motion blur of lights.
3rd and 4th pic all I see are headstones and particles in the air.

If people are still trying to make dust particles into ghosts it's no wonder we still don't have any irrefutable proof of the existence of ghosts.

Please people, give up on the "orbs". It's dust, we know this, it's been proven already. Even if you're not convinced how are you going to further the argument, with millions more pics of little grey dots? It's not going anywhere even if people do believe it.

For the record, I believe in ghosts, I have a list of experiences that force me to believe. But a lot of what I see out there offered as evidence is not.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

For the record, I believe in ghosts, I have a list of experiences that force me to believe. But a lot of what I see out there offered as evidence is not.

Hello, detachedindividual.
You have shared that you have a belief in ghosts due to your "list of experiences that force me [you] to believe"...and, I assume, you would hope those of us you have just shared that fact with will respect your beliefs and take you at your word that your experiences were true and convincing.

Yet, you choose not to show a reciprocal respect to others sharing their beliefs derived from their own experiences.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.
edit on 16-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

camera reflects off of dust particles and that is my honest answer. plus, were there any nearby telephone poles recepticles?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I've been trying to blow this orb up and play with the contrast...what I see inside is impressive...and definitely a distinct face of what looks like a child...or an strange-looking older person with a round face

If anyone here can enlarge, enhance and post this orb image, I think we would all be very surprised.

wait a minute, this photo is different. The first ones looked like light reflecting off of dust particles, but this is not the case. Interesting photo. Where was the sun when you took this photo? to your left,right front or back of you?

edit on 16-7-2012 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

wait a minute, this photo is different. The first ones looked like light reflecting off of dust particles, but this is not the case. Interesting photo. Where was the sun when you took this photo? to your left,right front or back of you?

edit on 16-7-2012 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

That is a new one he posted.
The sun was waaaay down...It was about 11:30 at night.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join