It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Images from Cemetery

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hi all,

Last weekend, my brother in law, his son and my nephew went investigating at the Union Cemetery near Cincinatti. We received a lot of activity on a K2 meter, orbs seen with NO flash (used a UV flashlight), Ghost radar was kicking out some strange things but curiously, no EVP (and I sure searched on my recorder).

I am new to this and have previously posted a possible EVP from another location - Loveland Castle (from that same weekend, was fun
)

I took this picture when my brother in law said to turnaround and snap a shot to catch any orbs (I know, I know, orbs are dust). When I looked at this, it was dark with no image. So in Aperture (a photo program for the Mac) I enhanced the exposure, Contrast and brightness to reveal this. And actually, I revealed many orbs on other shots that I didn't see originally. I don't know what it is, and honestly it may be nothing. But to me, it looks like some one looking away from me that is wearing a Union Army type hat.

So what do you all think?

I am also posting a pic of the ghost radar shot and a strong orb from this investigation as well.

Please only post positive replies that can help me learn for future investigations. I am trying to keep this as positive as possible. If it's not your thing, please just don't post.

As a reminder, here is a section from the ToC of ATS.

"16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone."
edit on 14-7-2012 by ArcAngel because: Added a Picture

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Orbs a a controversial things, in my opinion. You do not know if dust was kicked up or if the lens was dirty.
With that said, don't know if my brain is playing with my eyes, but it certainly looks like a figure standing in front of you in that first photo.
Good luck on your paranormal investigations.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have an open mind so I'll enquire as to how I can do my own orb investigation.

Can I just visit a cemetry with my 5megpixel camera at night, take some shots, load them into photoshop to brighten them up and look for orbs? or is there more to it than that?

I think your first pic is a bush, imo. especialy if you cut off the lower half of the pic like this.

edit on 14-7-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

haha! thats a good point. Since I am new to this, what I am looking for are multiple data points corroborating something that would be different from normal. Normal being no EMF on the K2, Same orbs on 2 pictures taken 1 second apart, no heat differences on an IR thermometer, No response to questions on a recording. If I get just 1 thing from all of these instruments, I disregard it. If I get 2 or 3 in the same area, it makes me curious, still.. if everything did get something, what would that really mean? probably nothing. All of this can be debunked. But it's fun.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Good spot. After looking at the first photo again, I think what looks like the "hat" is a tree in the background.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I live close to a very ancient cemetry thats still used for burial. When the rain finaly stops I'll give it a go. I havent got all the hi tech gear you mention but I've got two camera's. I'll set them both up a few feet apart and see what I get. Anything too weird and I'm outa there fast as my legs will carry me

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Slow shutter speeds by the camera to compensate for the lack of light as well as dust on the lens and in the air cause these orbs. Sorry to be so "negative" and point out what you are really seeing. Also, the first pic is just one of your friends standing in front of you.

Ghost radar? I can't tell if you're serious or not. An app that detects ghosts for only .99 cents? I, honestly, wish I had thought of that so I could make bundles off the ignorance of others.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi

Good spot. After looking at the first photo again, I think what looks like the "hat" is a tree in the background.

Yep theres a little shading below where an arm and shoulder would be if it was a person. The brain just fills in the rest for us.

I've seen a lot of these orb photos though, and feel its time I tried taking a few photos of my own. If I dont see any orbs then I'll assume its BS or something created by their camera's. If I do find them

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I am not trolling at all. I just don't see anything here that is too concrete, However I am envious of you checking things out I would love to do something like that.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Remember to have fun. May not hurt to say a prayer and cross yourself with holy water before you go. You know, to prevent bringing something home...

My gut says that this is superstitious nonsense, but better safe than sorry.

And again, no one has ever captured absolute positive proof! All of it can be debunked.

So, yeah, have fun! Thanks for the post!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Thanks for you response. In case you didn't read the original post, please refrain from calling people in here ignorant. In the technical sense we are all ignorant to these matters as nothing is defined or a sure thing. However I do not believe that was the context of your post.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Please refrain from pointing out ignorance on a site whose motto is "Deny Ignorance"? Gotcha.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
Slow shutter speeds by the camera to compensate for the lack of light as well as dust on the lens and in the air cause these orbs. Sorry to be so "negative" and point out what you are really seeing. Also, the first pic is just one of your friends standing in front of you.

You are mistaken. Slow shutter speeds cause sources of light to become blurred and create trails.

These "orbs" that people talk about are usually one of three things. 1) Lens aberrations. 2) Light hitting dried water or dust on the outside of the lens. 3) Dust, pollen, or any other kind of particle floating in front of a camera flash. This third reason is why so many "orbs" are seen around fires.

You can also have dust on the camera sensor that will result in dark specks or lines, but those are black and not white like the infamous "orb."

You can always tell if it is part of the camera by seeing if there are "circles within circles" inside the orb. This is an example of light diffraction.

Judging by the varying sizes of the "orbs" in the last photo, as well as the use of flash, I would say the flash illuminated dust or pollen floating close to the camera causing it to create white spots in the shot. My buddy who has dandruff has a bad habit of ruining his own photos by scratching his head and then using flash. His airborne dandruff creates these "orbs" in the pictures when they float in front of the flash.
edit on 14-7-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

I should have edited my post but I was referring to the first pic that has obvious light trails from a slow shutter speed. The flash on dust causes the orbs.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
As an ex pro photographer I can tell you that any editing you do with software programs can add their own errors to your finished product intended or not. Your photos are interesting for discussion purposes but beyond that may be seriously challenged by others.

I would suggest that if you want to continue your investigations and be highly credible you set up a high resolution DSLR for infra red photography. Also, newer thermal imagers are coming out with video capability and are quite good. My best,

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sorry but, is this a joke? In the first pic, looks like you just took a pic of the back of someones head.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Thanks for replying. That's the rub. There was no one in front of me.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thanks for posting these photos. I think they're very interesting...and can vouch for your honesty and the truth of your story, as I was there.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
As a reminder, here is a section from the ToC of ATS.

"16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone."

Thanks for the pre-emptive strike here, but there is nothing particularly noteworthy about these photographs. So-called "orbs" prove nothing but amateurish camera technique. There's nothing here to write home about, nothing proved, nothing to get excited about. Meh? Sorry.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Although I have recently read somewhere "proof" that ALL orbs are just dust particles, I personally, have to disagree with that due to all the eye-witness accounts of people saying they have had colored orbs appear in the room with them, seeing them with the naked eye.

In the third picture one of the orbs seems to have a greenish hue to it. Green aura represents healing. This must have been a good soul, if it was truly the real deal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join