It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You dont know what you lost till its gone. well its 11:58 two minutes to go....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Two minutes til what exactly?

Will the answer be in the form of more nostalgia soaked sentimental youtube videos?
edit on 14-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I think the OP is referring to the concept of minutes to midnight. I.e. end of civilisation.

if you wants something completely un-nostalgic, then check the video I posted, It's completely self centered I assure you!

Every heard of "game theory"?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by finitedualities
reply to post by mileysubet

Quite frankly, I think the only one over-estimating anything here is you about your comprehension skills. It's not his/her fault that you're not up to par in your knowledge of decade-and-a-half-old forum abbreviations. Absolutely harmless line taken out of context completely...ego much?

edit on 14-7-2012 by finitedualities because: (no reason given)

I actually had exact knowledge as to what "/thread" meant, I just needed him/her to state his definition so he could entrap himself with the response, which he did. But thank you for your useless response...
edit on 14-7-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

erm... whaaaa?

why are you mad at me

peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I don't recall a time where any of the stuff you claim took place. I don't know anyone who has EVER left their house or car unlocked.

You must have lived in a fantasy or something because this country has been going downhill ever since we were warned about the military industrial complex. The decline accelerated after Kennedy's death.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Your post brought tears to my eyes. Thank you. It is important to remember our bond to them. The legacy we have been entrusted.

I am a little down now. I think I will drink coffee and smoke. I can't sit still now. I am emotionally unquiet.
You have stirred in me those feelings that I held as a boy that broke my heart when I found out my country was not what it had been. That it is dying.

I think about people like this often. I feel I have let them down somehow, all of us have.

it's actually very sad.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I know exactly what he means. I've read Watchmen

I'm confused why the OP didn't say so explicitly.
edit on 14-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I don't recall a time where any of the stuff you claim took place. I don't know anyone who has EVER left their house or car unlocked.

You must have lived in a fantasy or something because this country has been going downhill ever since we were warned about the military industrial complex. The decline accelerated after Kennedy's death.

My parents told me before, that where they lived in the U.S., they never had the door locked to their house. So that's no fantasy. The fantasy is that the American government and it's military was ever any good. Propagandists, corrupt industrialists, greedy bankers, and war-lovers have been in charge of this government for a lot longer than 50 years. The fantasy is that Eisenhower's warning is when it all began to go downhill.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP for the links.

The Paul Harvey warning just makes me shake my head. It brings memories of listening to him on trips with my Dad. Looking back, I see that he had his finger on the pulse of what was happening and what was to happen more times than not. I always looked forward to hearing the rest of the story.

I still know people (mostly older folks) that leave their doors unlocked and keys in their vehicles (mostly in the rural areas). Why did they do that? Most of the time, most of them actually knew their neighbors (and were armed
). I feel that people worked harder to get the things that they possessed and that other people actually respected that instead of the microwave (instant gratification) society we live in today.

With time, changes have come along (both good and bad).

Thanks again for sharing the links and your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
I ran across a few memories from a time before most of you were born, - you might want to take a few moments of your time and pay attention. this was from a time not so long ago, when the government feared the people.
and there was liberty, justice for the most part. honesty was taken for granted - most people left their doors unlocked, left their car keys on the sun visor and hitch hiking was a national past time. when summer was fun.

these Americans have more than one thing in common.
next time you pass a cemetary, count the people who passed the torch of freedom to you.
unfortunately, all of these people have passed. the only thing that is left is words and memories.

I remember those times well.
Two minutes until static

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I recall just walking in to my neighbors house like it was my own, I recall people helping other people complete strangers, I recall a lot of things that were for the people. I recall elections that were hand counted ballots. and every thing was like double checked and accurately reflected the outcome. I recall heated debates at city council meetings - I attended on a month or so ago and there was 5 people there. when I was a boy - I attended a city council meeting and it was standing room only. I recall the elders sitting on the benches at city hall, and another group hanging out at the barbershop. When something happend the community response was overwhelming. if your house burned down - there was no insurance - the town if you were liked would all pitch in and build it back again. boy times have changed since I was a boy and I'm only in my 50's.... good guys wore white hats....

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

thanks for the heads up. I missed that one - but I need to frame by frame this one...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
First off opinions are like a-holes we all have one. And the op's videos do echo the past we will never ever get back. I recall, back when I was young the police, hell they would drive you home if they caught you drinking underage. Now adays, you go to jail and it will cost you a ton of money.And it follows you thru life.

A time when neighbors actually gave a shat about the folks next door. Now a days you can live next to some one ten years and never know their name of speak a word to them. A time when school actually taught you something. America is not our fathers America any longer. It is going the way of the dionsaur. Our freedoms eroded by corrupt politicians and corparations.

America of that time has died, we are not looked at now not as a beacon of freedom, but as a bully of controll and the worlds police. Yea times they are a changin.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
2 minutes to what ? -- I dont know - but the clock is clearly at 11:58 ... stop the video at 3:41

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot

Paul Harvey

Outright lie and hoax. Drug sniffing dogs weren't even used in the US until 1970, so he couldn't have made that prediction in 1965

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

are you nutz, drug dogs have been around since Roman days.

russians trained dogs to blow up their own tanks...
(they should have trained the dogs on German Tanks - Not Russian Tanks)
edit on 14-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

sucks that the point we are at now was all because some idiots back in the day decided to use game theory to brainwash everyone around them that their theory had any viable means or probable understanding when all they did was play games. must be nice to go to college back then so you can fool the world by making up and unwinnable game design. Worries me that a lot of lives have been lost due to this way of thinking...Typical though, wouldn't expect anything more ..Too bad they didn't learn win theory where someone wins instead of game theory where both sides lose. #ing schmucks, maybe we would have won the Vietnam war and some others if they'd of gotten rid of game theory and used a more viable means of approach. But what do i expect in a world run by hidden demons that stay in the shadows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join