It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You dont know what you lost till its gone. well its 11:58 two minutes to go....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I ran across a few memories from a time before most of you were born, - you might want to take a few moments of your time and pay attention. this was from a time not so long ago, when the government feared the people.
and there was liberty, justice for the most part. honesty was taken for granted - most people left their doors unlocked, left their car keys on the sun visor and hitch hiking was a national past time. when summer was fun.

Red Skelton

Paul Harvey

John Wayne

John F. Kennedy

Martin Luther King

Ray Charles

Kate Smith

these Americans have more than one thing in common.
next time you pass a cemetary, count the people who passed the torch of freedom to you.
unfortunately, all of these people have passed. the only thing that is left is words and memories.

edit on 14-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

my opinion:

america doesn't even feel free anymore.

feels pretty bad, instead of free.

it feels like it just keeps getting worse.

/thread?

peace.

edit: you changed the title?

what do you mean two minutes to go?
edit on 14-7-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

/thread?

What exactly does /thread mean? Clarify your meaning of this.
edit on 14-7-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

/thread?

some people in threads put /thread when they think their comment has justifiably ended the thread in its tracks.

i meant to reference that with /thread(question mark) as i feel confident some would agree with me.

i am sure the thread will continue anyway.

peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

I had to edit - /thread? I guess means I changed something while you were accessing it,

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

/thread?

some people in threads put /thread when they think their comment has justifiably ended the thread in its tracks.

i meant to reference that with /thread(question mark) as i feel confident some would agree with me.

peace.

Now that I understand, I feel that you have severely overrated your opinion of your self.

link   
Paul Harvey's warning is simply stunning!!! never have i heard someone so "right on" with depicting exactly
what is happening today and why!!

Really incredible find! S&F!!!!

link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

I had to edit - /thread? I guess means I changed something while you were accessing it,

?

no offence, im just saying.

i feel like freedom is over.

peace.

i hope things get better.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

/thread?

peace.

Now that I understand, I feel that you have severely overrated your opinion of your self.

i never stated an opinion about myself.

just ask a few people here and there, im sure some of them will say something like: things are pretty messed up right now.

especially if you ask people on Above Top Secret.

peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

/thread?

peace.

just ask a few people here and there, im sure some of them will say something like: things are pretty messed up right now.

peace.

You are correct: you never "Stated your opinion", but the implication of your "/thread" comment clearly was your opinion (not a fact sense it was an opinion) does clearly imply your opinion.

So in a passive aggressive method you did state your opinion, which as I will stand with, is highly overrated.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Quite frankly, I think the only one over-estimating anything here is you about your comprehension skills. It's not his/her fault that you're not up to par in your knowledge of decade-and-a-half-old forum abbreviations. Absolutely harmless line taken out of context completely...ego much?

edit on 14-7-2012 by finitedualities because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

/thread?

peace.

peace.

You are correct: you never "Stated your opinion", but the implication of your "/thread" comment clearly was your opinion (not a fact sense it was an opinion) does clearly imply your opinion.

So in a passive aggressive method you did state your opinion, which as I will stand with, is highly overrated.

no. i didn't.

i said, america doesn't feel free anymore.

by /thread? (with a question mark) i was Almost implying that i felt nothing more needed to be said.

i respect your opinion that you disagree with me.

peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities

Quite frankly, I think the only one over-estimating anything here is you about your comprehension skills. It's not his/her fault that you're not up to par in your knowledge of decade-and-a-half-old forum abbreviations. Absolutely harmless line taken out of context completely...ego much?

edit on 14-7-2012 by finitedualities because: (no reason given)

I actually had exact knowledge as to what "/thread" meant, I just needed him/her to state his definition so he could entrap himself with the response, which he did. But thank you for your useless response...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Mods: It would appear this thread has been Hi jacked - please remove all off topic distractions.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
Mods: It would appear this thread has been Hi jacked - please remove all off topic distractions.

Careful, now you are turning this into a 9/11 conspiracy thread....

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Thanks for confirming the ego part. Such a sad life you must lead to get pleasure out of such mundane trolling. Trying to entrap people within their posts on ATS is pretty pathetic, mate.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities

Thanks for confirming the ego part. Such a sad life you must lead to get pleasure out of such mundane trolling. Trying to entrap people within their posts on ATS is pretty pathetic, mate.

Of course I have an Ego. Do you not have one? Well obviously you do, being that you responded. It could be said that you are "sad" because you responded to a so called troll, but we will let that small discrepancy pass for now.

Entrapment was not my primary goal, my primary goal was to prove the the poster thought too much of his own opinion as to whether or not his opinion was important enough to close down or stop a thread or the discussions associated with said thread, but obviously that was lost on you.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I've never understood the mass-nostalgia in the United States for the "simpler time" (usually referring to the 1950s it seems.) I've always thought that the period immediately post-war to be one of the most frightening and dystopic in the modern history of your nation.

The level of social conformity in 1950s suburban America was more like the kind of hive-minded mentality that one sees in Communist China instead of a country that espouses personal freedom and individualism. The personal repression that the society imposed upon itself was incredible, and this is coming from a Brit!

I went to university in the United States, married an American woman and still spend a lot of my time in your nation. I love the United States, it's been very good to me and a very good friend of my country. Still, I am glad I was there after the cultural revolutions of the 1960s. Instead of being the Cleavers on Leave It To Beaver, you're a nation of individuals now, and that is wonderful!

The whole "Pursuit Of Happiness" thing gets a bit messy when everyone has a different idea of what will make them happy, but at the same time, that's the beauty of it too. Instead of trying to impose a regimented view of happiness that very few if any people fit into as was done in the "simpler times" American society now espouses finding it for yourself.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You act like your posts have been transparent, when they're obvious to anyone, really. I think it's you who doesn't get the point, as I find your "goal" a bit pathetic and mundane, as stated. The fact that you consider yourself worthy of judging one's opinion and it's worth is telling and hilarious at the same time. This is only amplified by the fact that you took a harmless phrase and misinterpreted obvious banter as the poster claiming nothing else is to be said. Guess you're just one of those star hunting sarcastic types that only amuse the lower densities with closed minds. Have fun!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This may go a little way to explaining what happened since that time. The move from purpose by patriotism that was deemed volatile and dangerous, was replaced by designation and reliance on "the power of numbers" strict analytical processes of the higher functions. as a means to control people. However what we have here is a controlled society that like any other will react when motivation of the base functions are stimulated I.e. patriotism, but will not question irregularities of the power elite, any longer. Some will, like us here, however we are "outside the norm" and so scorned, even if the truth is self evident. This is the result of the implementation f the prisoners dilemma.

Have a look at this, part one of six, and feel free to follow the sequence if you wish. The contents should shock you but not surprise.

Excuse the name of the video, THis is the name of the program, and it was made and produced by the BBC, so that's OK.

edit on 14/7/2012 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join