It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people just assume ET's are out to enslave us because that's what humans do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The question is in the title.

Being a member for a few years and a lurker long before that, I've noticed a lot of threads about ET controlling the government, trying to enslave us, plotting on our planet, plotting on humans for organ harvesting, watching us - waiting to attack, ETC.

The number of those threads vs. the number of threads saying ET's could be the best thing to happen to us is severely imbalanced in my opinion.

It seems like hollywood and all the alien attack movies have rubbed off on us. Why do we just assume they're gonna take us, kill us, enslave us, suck the life out of earth, or anything else?

Also, do you believe that they're hostile? If so, please explain why, and what you base that off of.

peace
edit on 13-7-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I believe in ET's but I think it's a mixed bag of chips. The odds of ET's existing are pretty good. The odds of multiple species of ET's existing are also pretty good. I'm confident we will have the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Hopefully they are not as corrupted and manipulative as we are, or we're screwed

I want a race of hot blonde female aliens to come and enslave me

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
to be honest, i dont think ET's would ever have to enslave us, they could surely just clone there own workers. after all, its alot easier to communicate with a slave worker who speaks the same language,

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rabbi4Peace
I believe in ET's but I think it's a mixed bag of chips. The odds of ET's existing are pretty good. The odds of multiple species of ET's existing are also pretty good. I'm confident we will have the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Hopefully they are not as corrupted and manipulative as we are, or we're screwed

I want a race of hot blonde female aliens to come and enslave me

Us being the ugly type of alien!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
It seems like hollywood and all the alien attack movies have rubbed off on us. Why do we just assume they're gonna take us, kill us, enslave us, suck the life out of earth, or anything else?

Actually no. Its not Hollywood. The assumption is taken from our own history. Exploration is mostly driven by conquest. America being the obvious example...

Are there "Star Trek" type aliens out there, just roaming the galaxy for the glory of exploration? Possibly. But the ancient conquering aliens are probably so much more powerfull its not even any competition. In the real world... Dont bet on Starfleet. They would loose.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I'm mostly certain that any aliens existing in the universe are not visiting us.
There's a matter of psychology to consider regarding this as it applies to any sort of alien, and, also to us.

Alien psychology? What is it? What would it be like? What would be their motivations for coming here?
Would they even understand such things like government hierarchy such they could limit their interactions with just TPB? Could they understand government hierarchies to the extent in understanding that different people swap out positions over time? How would they know anything about the political structures and ideologies around the globe enough to avoid huge mistakes in contact protocols when interacting with different areas of the planet?

Human Psychology - we've a pervasive need to believe in things that don't exist, something greater than us, and the imagination and deceptive ability to fool ourselves into believing anything and everything that makes us happy in the believing of it.
This is extremely evident in the invention of religion everywhere on the planet.
Pick any religion you don't believe in, any religion you think is goofy and ridiculous and you can be certain that whoever holds stock in that religion and it's beliefs may very well think the same of your own belief.
What makes your own belief in divine beings any better than anyone else's?

As per the above, with religion, the Alien topic fills a need for the many who aren't getting as much satisfaction from the imagination of gods and deities, as they can in believing that there are actual people/beings of a more advanced evolution currently interacting with this planet on some level.

For some, imagining these imaginary beings at play behind the curtain, bent on bad deeds for humanity fills their need to have a bad guy in helping define their moral compass against all they suspect to be bad in the world. For others, the belief in imaginary beings limits this to benevolent beings. Further, with still more, it's a mixed bag.

As with religion, many believers will have had their equivalent of a religious experience in seeing something their level of understanding of the world around them, their education or lack of it, could not explain except by putting the alien label on it whether the experience be just a sighting, or even an abduction.

The same thing happens in religion.

This isn't to say that every single UFO report and sighting that occurs is NOT aliens. It does say, however, that we're entirely too fanciful in projecting our personal ideas and imaginings onto whatever this phenomenon is.
UFOs may be some natural phenomenon.
They could also be aliens.
Whatever the case is, we don't really know, and jumping to fully formed conclusions only frames an understanding from our own psychological understanding of how the universe works and to what extent we can trick ourselves into believing whatever our imaginations might dream up.

Until we've got aliens out of the closet, in front of a camera, either on a dissection table, or for friendly interviews on all the morning and evening talk shows, it's all just imaginative speculation reflected and projected from our own understanding and experience with other humans or even the gods of religions.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It all depends on what people you refer to. The 'official' stance is one of extreme caution, and they make war plans to suit every scenario and country, all that is needed is to replace foreign with alien/ET, along with anything novel that they feel they might expect from ET's, and including us as being on the alien lunch menu. There are probably international plans as well. Enslavement is most likely low down in any official plan, any visitors from another planet outside of the solar system will be spectacularly ahead of us, they would not have come here in a technology made of glue and duct tape. That they were able to come here also means that they are able to perpetuate their species, unlike us, who are at this time, Earthbound.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I guess I can start here for my first post. But for starters and the record. I'm a believer and experience r. It's a good question asked in the beginning thread and I'm compelled to begin with my own question.

Don't we have to assume anything is possible at this point? The American government did address the concern, and basically said - "We don't know what they are, but they are there, and we don't think their hostile." Project Blue Book closed. We all chuckle...but in a nutshell - that is what transpired. That's the official stance of my government. But if you look at it all on the broader view. Take a step back and go panoramic for a few. You will notice that most governments are not denying the UFO presences. Hell, even the Vatican has weighed in on this issue. NASA too. Check out these quotes by the people who are our leaders. Our scientists, politicians, thinkers...

UFO Casebook Quotes

When you actually look at what they are saying, their positions of authority, the type of work they do - they already know - we have been in a mad dash race to weaponize space ever since. Whether they are hostile or not doesn't matter. We are suppose to ASSUME all possible contingencies. Why? Because it would be ignorant to not prepare for any possibility. Life isn't always rosy, sunshine, and rainbows.

So we start tinkering away for defense, building bunkers for aerial attacks, creating better weaponry... and they say, "Oh yeah,", giggling as they swoop down in their flying saucer and deactivates our missiles. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume they might have a bit of a sense of humor!

Here is my thing. UFOs exist. Period. Pseudo-skeptics and debunkers cannot get around this fact.
Physical evidence is suggestive of extraterrestrial influence through radar, photographic evidence, historical evidence and witness testimony by trained professionals. Pilots. Astronauts. Whistle blowers dying. The list goes on. Lie detectors. Radiation burns. When you compile this stuff up and step back and look at it - wow.

I'm not going to quibble over which ones are our little toys that our boys build, or which ones are theirs. I'm not going to quibble about time-space distance, as science is in it's infancy and has barely scratched the surface of what is ahead in our future. Who knows what they can do. Hell, I don't even quibble that some come from below, the sea, under mars, across the dimensions, from Orion, Sirius, and all of the other places people say aliens have relayed to them that they are from. It's a new frontier and space will become our new "Wild West".

Namaira

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I think the reason we keep on searching for new intelligence is because we keep on making new discoveries.

Remember at one time, man didnt think there was anything else outside of this earth, we once thought that we would sail away then simply drop of the face of the earth into nothing.

However we have developed and discovered their is something beyond our world, beyond our solar system and beyond our galaxy.

It is with that knowledge that we can form an assumption that life may also exist beyond our world.

However i do agree with you on one thing, i dont think Alien life is interested in us in the slightest,

I think any alien visits are simply by chance, maybe just to see whats here, a bit like how we may go to the shops one day but take the 'scenic' routes, any UFO's in our atmosphere may simple be detouring then carrying merrily on their way
edit on 13-7-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
As Above, So Below. And vice versa. Kind of thing.

As to why not just create slaves as in bots?

This solar system has a weird history, and power games is a part of it, being the boss and making the next batch of cookies after chasing out others and depopulating seems a part of how some do it.

Note this isn't so match about what would be easier, ie. the other side sticks to itself, has bots to do its own work and only harrasses and enslaves each other, playing its domination games. While everyone else is safe and sound.

We're talking sides, and one side is all about equality and love. Virtues and rising up through levels and grades to love and serve and grow and learn more.

The other side is about slavery, harm and serves what can only be called fallen and shadow.

These two sides are cosmic.

Though I have to say, there is a cosmic divide between the higher levels of the positives and the more negative side, who in a sense is dominating each other, because you don't have the trojan horse takeover of your system unless there is a lack of love and equality going on.

But, then there is this middle ground or divide area, which is like an ocean of waves, where people tend to get tested alot, and also where they get opportunities to break free from lower levels or opportunities to go down and help out.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I don't believe they have evil intentions for us.

Enslavement: Simply think of the logistics of shipping 7 Billion of us filthy, diseased-ridden humans, not to mention how practical it'd be to create a synthetic being with better ability and intellect then us. Not to mention a possible communication barrier seen as we all speak 300+ different languages and they possibly only do thought projection.

I don't believe they're hostile, either. (but then I don't believe that there is just one group with one intention). Mostly because we on earth have the power to decimate vast amount of the population with bio-weapons, so think how deadly one could be from a race a few thousand years more advanced? 7 Billion could be wiped out in 24hrs possibly, and they could have done it at any time.

Maybe the aim is to just spread life around the universe as much as possible, for the multiple benefits that would include (continuity of life in the universe, possible trade creation, outposts, diversity)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Most alien contact revolves around abductions and experimentation on abductees... They treat us like we treat animals. They pick us up, screw with us, give us no rhyme or reason why and then toss us back out.

They are alleged to repeatedly take people which torments them...

so them out to enslave us is not too farfetched since they disrespect us by taking us against our own will.

that is assuming aductions are real. if they are not real then there are no ets because that is where most of the ET accounts come from.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It is a question of psychological projection. Fear based people see danger everywhere. Optimists see hopeful possibilities. Obviously, on a conspiracy website, the fear based posters predominate, hence the imbalance.

new topics

top topics

join