It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Tells Conservative Activists that Fighting for the Constitution is a Losing Battle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

What happens when a Republican Congressman tells Conservative Activists that fighting for the Constitution is a losing battle? Watch the fireworks as Unite In Action's Director of Legal Affairs KrisAnne Hall and 912 Project National Co-Chair, Unite In Action President, Stephani Scruggs respond.

This took place at The National Republican Club of Capitol Hill, commonly known as the Capitol Hill Club, in Washington DC on June 28th, 2012 with Michelle Bachmann, Rep Gosar and several other members of congress as well as The Tea Party.Net. with syndicated talk show host Rusty Humphries as the MC. It was broadcast on LiveStream by The Tea Party.Net

This is what’s wrong with the modern Republican Party. If we (conservatives) are serious about restoring the constitution then guys like this idiot need to be the first to go. This guy, Rep Gosar is disgraceful.

On a positive note, I’m glad people reacted the way they did. That was sincere, justified outrage and it was nice to see. Ms. Scruggs handed him his arse.

Out with the old and in with the new! I hope a LOT OF PEOPLE get the boot in November from both sides of the isle.

edit on 13-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Gosar, wasn't that the bad guy from ghostbusters?
Just saying...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I don’t know. That movie was way before my time.

Either way, he’s certainly the bad guy now!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Gosar, wasn't that the bad guy from ghostbusters?
Just saying...

I think it was Gozer The Destructor LOL, wasn't that the giant marshmallow dude? The chick was Zool if I remember right.

That was a pretty wild movie eh! Bill Murray was great! He did a nice bit part in Zombieland as well ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Very disturbing indeed!! Just because "some" people don't care about the Constitution, we are supposed to just give it up?

All I can say is, I wear my Oathkeepers T-shirt proudly, and I will die fighting for our Constitution, way before I die fighting for my corrupt government and fellow Americans who support this criminal government who has taken us hostage!!!!

I guess when Bill Clinton pardoned Bill Ayers, (Obama's terrorist buddy) that pretty much tells us the story of how they want to end the United States of America..................................

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So this is jsut another thread to bash republicans again.

Nice liberal mindset. If one says a bad thing, then they must all be guilty. I thought liberals were against those kinds of generalizations. Wait, their rules only apply to conservatives. Ho hum.

Other than that, he is partially right. Many people do not care for the Constitution, Obama included. If he did he would not support obamacare. All politicians who do not care for the constitution will always do what they can to find ways around it or ignore it entirely for their own special interests.

Just like Obama did with obamacare.

I wish it would stop. I'd like to place more checks against this kind of thing that says STOP TRYING TO CIRCUMVENT THE CONSTITUTION!

It's there for a reason, and that reason is to limit government power, not enable it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Staypuff Marshmallow Man.
Sorry for going offtopic lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

So this is jsut another thread to bash republicans again.

Nice liberal mindset. If one says a bad thing, then they must all be guilty. I thought liberals were against those kinds of generalizations. Wait, their rules only apply to conservatives. Ho hum.

Uhmmm….I’m a conservative, dude!

The Republican Party needs to be cleansed of RINOS like Rep Gosar, McCain, Graham, Snowe, etc, etc.

By the way, you are the FIRST person to ever call me a liberal! I feel the need to shower!!

Other than that, he is partially right. Many people do not care for the Constitution, Obama included.

Ms Scruggs summed it up best…even if many don’t believe in the constitution “we cannot abandon the constitution and we cannot compromise on the constitution.”

I wish it would stop. I'd like to place more checks against this kind of thing that says STOP TRYING TO CIRCUMVENT THE CONSTITUTION!

It's there for a reason, and that reason is to limit government power, not enable it.

Amen!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Where were all those moral preachers of the Constitution when Bush was tearing it to shreds?

Fight until the death huh? I'll bet she was sat on her ass while Guantanamo was set up, while the government was writing up lists, while phones and emails were being tapped and check points going up all over the country - all while their precious Republican president was presiding over the largest snatching of the rights of Americans ever witnessed.

These people are just mouthing off for a show, they're trying to win approval. They're all full of BS.
edit on 13-7-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by seabag

Where were all those moral preachers of the Constitution when Bush was tearing it to shreds?

Fight until the death huh? I'll bet she was sat on her ass while Guantanamo was set up, while the government was writing up lists, while phones and emails were being tapped and check points going up all over the country - all while their precious Republican president was presiding over the largest snatching of the rights of Americans ever witnessed.

I think you should go back and listen again, this time not having a closed mind. Those ladies were also railing against the previous administration and congress. They both acknowledged this has been a result of a gradual destruction and that it is not only the current aristocracy. The congressman they responded to was a Republican.

I believe you were so set on a partisan argument, you just didn't hear what was said. Besides, just because you didn't personally hear them during the Bush era, you only assume they were not equally opposed his policies. Secondly, I always assume this is strictly a partisan argument, because doesn't everyone finally say enough is enough? What is so wrong with finally drawing a line in the sand? Or, are you saying that because Bush had polices which diminished liberties, we are then required to permit his successors to do the same?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by seabag

These people are just mouthing off for a show, they're trying to win approval. They're all full of BS.
edit on 13-7-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

Many were sleeping! Where was Occupy?

This is what happens when people finally realize the gradual shift that's been happening.

It was Bush's Patriot Act and bailouts that gave rise to the Tea Party.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread860479/pg1#pid14532047]post by
The Republican Party needs to be cleansed of RINOS like Rep Gosar, McCain, Graham, Snowe, etc, etc.

We need to keep them and kick out the rest. Return the Republican party to what it was before they embraced the religious right. Give us back the Grand Old Party.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

We need to keep them and kick out the rest. Return the Republican party to what it was before they embraced the religious right. Give us back the Grand Old Party.

Who are the religious right politicians? Will you out them for me?

If you’re happy with the McCains, Olympia Snowes and Lindsay Grahams of the Grand Old Party then you are for business as usual. The GOP of today is indistinguishable from the Democrat Party.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Restoration of the constitution is what they use to call liberalism in the classic sense.

Less government
more freedoms.

People call themselves a lot of things today the people who call themselves liberals are not. The people who call themselves conservative are not.

Rino and Lino are a huge problem in the country and the victims of that is the constitution and this country.

Believe someone once said that tyranny is always just one generation away, and when people give up and stop fighting that is why we have 536 despots that we traded for 1 a few thousand miles away.

People have forgotten the legacy of what it means to be an American with over 150 million Americans who would perish without a government check that is the epitomy of slavery, and far too many people welcome it.

The current state of the union is the antithesis of freedom and independence.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The biggest problem the party has is that Rep Gosar and many other's allegiances do not side with The United States of America. Their allegiance lies with Grover Norquist's pledge.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'm sorry, but I see liberals use those kinds of tactics and say those kinds of things all the time.

One of the reasons why I can't stand them.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The first Congress developed this requirement into a simple, 14-word oath:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States."

Now unless ALL these elected officials all the sudden forgot they swore this oath, they should be removed if not charged for treason for the undermining of our constitution.

The only way these officials are going to wake up is when we prosecute these treasonous behaviors and demand the upholding of the Constitution.

Personally I think it is going to take some slipknots over a few trees in front of the white house and all the undermining will stop with a quickness.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

The first Congress developed this requirement into a simple, 14-word oath:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States."

Now unless ALL these elected officials all the sudden forgot they swore this oath, they should be removed if not charged for treason for the undermining of our constitution.

I think many believe its just a formality; they think they don’t REALLY have to support the constitution.

The only way these officials are going to wake up is when we prosecute these treasonous behaviors and demand the upholding of the Constitution.

I agree…there should be an instant penalty when someone violates their oath. At a minimum they should be removed from office…maximum removal and some quality federal time behind bars.

join