It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greeting's From Portland Oregon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'rs!

So whats up with not being able to post threads when your new? too many ignorant threads started?

Whatever im not gonna start a huge debate about it. Prolly best for both sides... Im sure i did somthing that was in direct result to why they started it... lol

It would be nice to find people from the same area that is like minded. It would be nice to make more friends that are more opend minded than so closed, but not why i joined...

I like to be challenged, but it boils my blood for a moment when things turn into drama and flame wars! I thought we had evolved past that by now...

Ive always felt like im an observer, not usually the one to judge unless im poking fun just to have a good time, as long as people are not getting hurt, then ill apologize if i realize it... (I still have my moments though) :\

A student for life, love to learn as i come to realize in my age! Plenty of info on this site, but i would be lying if i said i could understand it all... btw how much space does this server take up? anyone know? I guess my fingers should get off their lazy ass and do a quick search! In no way do i consider myself smart, nor dumb, just have passion for some things rather then others. like for example me not caring to know the difference between their there they're... (haha i know i know so basic but u should realize what i mean unless u really dont. The word is so generic they all sound the same, plus how i use it should be the dead giveaway, not how i spell it!) unless someone can give me a compelling reason as to why i should learn it... Im all ears girls and guys, i love to see a different prespective of things.

Im only human and im ignorant to some things, all part of the learning process. (doesnt mean ill be rude about it, like i said im all ears! just might take one or two repeats and a life lesson to learn it) so maybe u can gather from all this that im young still... aww to be youthful

This site had me stuck when i first discoverd it. Man that day was information overload, felt like a crazy person trying to prep for the end of the world, zombie apoc, marshall law, ufo's, the dollar becoming worth nothing, ect ect... hahaha it was only until i had bought a years worth of beans and realized that nothing happen over the year besides that the price of a 50lb bag of triple washed refried beans inflated by like 5 dollars! It did open my eyes to buying food more efficiently and being a smarter shopper though...

I have seen what all this info can do to people. People will just start to belive anything and, it makes people very paranoid. Maybe some for good reason, but i showed this site to a friend and i swear it put him in a dark place for ahile, and i still think he is partially still in that dark place... Don't want to put his details on "front street"

Sometimes i just try to take a deep breath and just marinate on the info for awhile, save it if i dont get it, maybe bring it up around someone to see if they have a different veiw or take on the matter... I dont like to just pick a side of the fence all the time, i like to get on both sides, even sit on the fence if needed.

I have always loved math, but have always been bad at reading and writing. So over the past few years i had started to read the news allot on the internet and papers. I never got into reading books, i have yet to develop the interest to read all the way through, ive been meaning to pick up a few science fiction books, but my lazyness has not been helping, lol and i have a library card too... Back to the reading thing... Well as i said i started to read the news, and after awhile it just became so DAMN BORING, even today when i open google news on my phone, i find myself skipping every genre and going straight to technology. It's like the real world is so boring and has got too many problems that just turn me away... Thats not the whole reason, but in a nutshell... So i found myself comming here to escape, wanting to beleive in somthing else, but over time ATS has become more of good reading material that catches my interest, but with some trying to actually use real common sense approach. im not bashing everyone saying none of this is real, sorry if that came off that way. Im mainly trying to use this site to improve my skills as a reader\writer... I need it badly!

If you read all of this, my hats off to you! I dont think i could have read somone's whole introduction, unless we are talking about a specific car with pictures as well...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Artmoty

Welcome to ATS...buckle up...enjoy the ride.....

Des

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Got my 5 point harness strapped, and ready to go!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Nice city you have up here, liked it so much Im looking for properties up here lol.

Yeah watch for info overload, take it all with a grain of salt, sometimes the info here is just as Valid as the Crap on the MSM.

Sometimes its the best source for real info as well,

But if your willing wade through it all and keep perspective you should do just fine here.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
lol funny thing my mom is a realtor!

thanks for that last line, it means allot to me!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
and yes it is awesome here, 90 mintues away from desert, beach, snow, just about everything!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Welcome to Ats, i know just how you feel. Info-overload, but if you can get past that you will find plenty of valuable information here.

Getting your 20 posts isn't too hard, thats what this thread is for. =)

See you on the forums!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artmoty
Got my 5 point harness strapped, and ready to go!

Cool...I used to fly acro...5 point is the only way to go...inverted oil and fuel leads to spin and grin....

Des

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well i could just half finish a thought and then post a reply right after that...

Nahh, in due time...

So i was trying to find out what all the little blue letters are at the left(looked but appearantly not hard enough), i know that P is post's, F is flags (umm can those be both bad and good?) S is star and flag? W no freaking idea, and K is kudos?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Artmoty

There is a link in my sig at the bottom of my posts. Frequently Asked Questions Click on that, it answers all your question.

Des

edit on 13-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ya i have a Supra but i dont drive it. It runs and drives but im very particular about how she runs! Has allot of money put into the internals but i have a stock tune and im not trying to boost her like that. With all these aftermarket parts on it, i hit fuel cut immediatley... ive only put about 2000 miles on it... so im bus bound, gotta respect mother nature, cant be wasting gas all the time, that thing is bad at mpg's... I bought it when i was in high school. I kinda wish i was more wiser then, kinda of a bad choice in this point in my life... live and ya learn

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
HAHAHA you can have people as rivals! that is pretty funny, did not see that one comming!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Fellow P-Town resident here. Welcome to ATS, PNW style

The 20 posts rule is to stop spammers. It makes it harder for people to register with the sole purpose of posting up threads advertising their blog/website/whatever else. Or to cause general mischief.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ya, they did it for a good reason then, that would prolly be a bit much getting all that spamming and what not. Im new to forums in general, im registered to one other and ive only used it a handful of times...

my mode of thinking was, what if someone had undeniable proof of somthing, but got shunned because of the that rule, but now that i think about it, lol not going to be many of those... haha

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Greetings to you Ptown guy. It IS lame that we have to make 20 comments before posting a thread, I guess they wanna make sure that we dont use a dirty word or insult anyone. Most of my threads get taken down because the mods dont like the truth sometimes. People post stuff on here too JUST to solely piss off other people, like the anti Ron Paul threads bye the same guy that posts 6 in a row of stupid nonsense. The nearest place to Oregon Ive been is Utah or L.A...I look at Oregon all the time on google earth and WOW,it looks beautiful...My 2 high school friends live in Eugene,,I opted for Canyonland instead of visiting them last month, but Og is next on my list. If you have any like minded friends at all that live near you, be thankful, all I have is sheep#!
Im always interested about the lives of people that live in other areas that I find interesting. I think about what it would be like to live in a place that gets snow, has mountains, waterfalls, dunes,ocean views from a cliff, cool people, great party supplies, good food, because we dont have that here, we have the warm ocean, thats all. Moab Utah, I found very interesting, the people walking around seemed really content to live in a place like that because they want to be there, I think I want to be there, Im sick of surfing, besides I have a screwed up disk in my neck and it hurts now to even try. As for the writing thing, I have nothing except dont use the word" ALOT" .
edit on 13-7-2012 by avatard because: needed to express more.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Welcome Artmoty

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback guys!

i think my fisrt delv into this place will be religion.

I want to expand on religion, i know very little! i grew up not following any, not that im going to just become a religous person(who knows) but id like to know belifs and their stories...

top topics

join