It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The miracle of the sun event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Starting may 1 1917 several children began seeing seeing a woman “brighter than the sun, shedding rays of light clearer and stronger than a crystal ball, pierced by the burning rays of the sun.”The being was reported to have appeared to the children on the 13 day of six consecutive months starting on may 13 The children reported that the blessed virgin mary would come down from the sky and because of this many people gathered on a field on October 13

This is were it gets even stranger

According to many witnesses, after a period of rain, the dark clouds broke and the sun appeared as an opaque, spinning disc in the sky It was said to be significantly duller than normal, and to cast multicolored lights across the landscape, the shadows on the landscape, the people, and the surrounding clouds The sun was then reported to have careened towards the earth in a zigzag pattern,frightening those who thought it a sign of the end of the world Witnesses reported that their previously wet clothes became "suddenly and completely dry, as well as the wet and muddy ground that had been previously soaked because of the rain that had been falling
Estimates of number present range from 30,000 to 40,000 by Avelino de Almeida, writing for the Portuguese newspaper O Século to 100,000, estimated by Dr. Joseph Garrett, professor of natural sciences at the University of Coimbra both of whom were present that day.The event was attributed by believers to Our Lady of Fátima, a reported apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to the children who had made predictions of the event on 13 July 1917 19 August and 13 September. The children stated that the Lady had promised them that she would on 13 October reveal her identity to them and provide a miracle "so that all may believe. According to these reports, the event lasted approximately ten minutes The three children also reported seeing a panorama of visions, including those of Jesus, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and of Saint Joseph blessing the people.

Some of the eye witness accounts are as follows

"Before the astonished eyes of the crowd, whose aspect was biblical as they stood bare-headed, eagerly searching the sky, the sun trembled, made sudden incredible movements outside all cosmic laws — the sun 'danced' according to the typical expression of the people." ― Avelino de Almeida writing for O Século
"The sun, at one moment surrounded with scarlet flame, at another aureoled in yellow and deep purple, seemed to be in an exceedingly swift and whirling movement, at times appearing to be loosened from the sky and to be approaching the earth, strongly radiating heat." ― Dr. Domingos Pinto Coelho, writing for the newspaper Ordem
The silver sun, enveloped in the same gauzy grey light, was seen to whirl and turn in the circle of broken clouds... The light turned a beautiful blue, as if it had come through the stained-glass windows of a cathedral, and spread itself over the people who knelt with outstretched hands... people wept and prayed with uncovered heads, in the presence of a miracle they had awaited. The seconds seemed like hours, so vivid were they." ― Reporter for the Lisbon newspaper O DiaThe sun's disc did not remain immobile. This was not the sparkling of a heavenly body, for it spun round on itself in a mad whirl, when suddenly a clamor was heard from all the people. The sun, whirling, seemed to loosen itself from the firmament and advance threateningly upon the earth as if to crush us with its huge fiery weight. The sensation during those moments was terrible." — Dr. Almeida Garrett, Professor of Natural Sciences at Coimbra University

what do you guys think UFO sighting mass delusion or an actual religious event

Wikipidia
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Related threads
Above top secret

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There are a lot of threads on this. But I'll comment ... It was a miracle.
It was a miracle seen by tens of thousands of people and recorded.
There was nothing 'UFO' about it.

I saw the Miracle of the Sun in Medjugorje Yugoslavia back in 1991.
LOTS of people have seen this miracle in many, many places.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Why is it a religious miracle? Surely it is simply observing both chemistry and physics in action? Not like we say it is a miracle when we see various other natural phenomena.

Very interesting info still but i am rather confused by claims of religious miracle. That said, i am not mocking your views. I say science, you say religion.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Why is it a religious miracle?

Because it was a spiritual situation and the 'miracle of the sun' is a sign that has been prophecied during the spiritual happenings there. People saw other things during the 'miracle of the sun' and had spiritual things happen .. such as an infilling of the Holy Spirit and visions etc etc.

Other things happened over in Medjugorje that go against science. Absolutely paranormal. I mean things in nature that defied natural laws. CLEARLY went against the natural laws. The stars at night .. the clouds in the day and night ... AMAZING things that absolutely defy natural law.

I say science, you say religion.

I look at both equally. I am not myopic.
edit on 7/13/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

TexI saw the Miracle of the Sun in Medjugorje Yugoslavia back in 1991.
Out of interest, how many people witnessed this thing?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

My grandmother was there. I heard the same story growing up my whole life.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

The Miracle of the Sun events started in Medjuogurie at the same time the apparitions there started. They never happened before that so it's not something that is natural to the area. Medjugorje started in 1981 and continues to this day. I have no idea how many people have gone .. millions I"m sure .. and most people who go do see the supernatural happenings.

Some links to the medjugorje miracle of the sun

www.medjugorje.com...
www.youtube.com...

On the day I was there, I'd say a few thousand people probably saw it.

Example of other events there ... One evening my husband and I climbed the mountain on the edge of town to attend an 'apparition' prayer group. (a few hundred people were attending) Everyone gets together and prays because it is expected that Mary will come to give a message to a 'seer' who was there. It was a clear evening and the stars were out. About five minutes before Mary appeared, clouds started coming in from all four directions .. north, south, east, west ... they came in against the winds and formed a perfect donut above the mountain. This huge cloud donut held there for the entire 5 minutes that Mary appeared to the 'seer'. When Mary left, the clouds immediately broke apart and resumed a natural course blowing through the sky with the wind.

My words don't express how it was .. it was huge ... It was really really odd .. and definately against the natural order.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Why is it a religious miracle? Surely it is simply observing both chemistry and physics in action? Not like we say it is a miracle when we see various other natural phenomena.

Very interesting info still but i am rather confused by claims of religious miracle. That said, i am not mocking your views. I say science, you say religion.

I have a very hard time understanding how you can truly think this is a combination of chemistry and physics.

These people all saw something.... all of them.

How can many people all see something, and it just be a combination of chemistry and physics?

That is a bad explanation for a grand event.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The geography of this place could explain much of this. Surrounded by mountains and on the sea. Afternoon cooling could cause the clouds to form as they do and being next to water could provide enough humidity to produce some kind of lensing effect. In other words the conditions are just right for this to be explained by science.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

I have seen the sun mostly covered by a blue-ish disc so that I could look at it. The outer edge was not covered and it appeared to be pulsating and gorgeous colors seemed to be spinning like a pin wheel off of it. The brilliant colors changed e.g. blues to red to purple to pink to orange (not necessarily in that order). was amazing. The sun did not move out of it's position in the sky. I could see how someone might considering the pulsating as dancing.

I was not looking for this to happen. It happened while I was stuck in traffic on an exit ramp off the interstate highway.

Nobody reported it in the evening news. I believe it was a blessing. It's been years.

edit on 7/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
The geography of this place could explain much of this. Surrounded by mountains and on the sea. Afternoon cooling could cause the clouds to form as they do and being next to water could provide enough humidity to produce some kind of lensing effect. In other words the conditions are just right for this to be explained by science.

Please explain how clouds and humidity could cause this type of event....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
The geography of this place could explain much of this..

If you are talking about Medjugorje ... there never was a 'miracle of the sun' before the apparitions. It has only been seen since the apparitions started. And as for Fatima ... it was only seen that one time so if it was geographical, then it would be seen a lot and not just once. Right?

new topics

top topics

join