It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melinda Gates pledges $560 million for contraception

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

The funding commitment was unveiled on Wednesday at the London Summit on Family Planning alongside pledges totaling $4.3 billion from the British government and leaders from African nations wrestling with the health and social problems brought on by high rates of unplanned pregnancy.

Full article

Now, I want to say, I am not against contraception. I generally have no problem with it. But, I have seen many videos on the internet that illustrate clearly that Bill Gates in his own words is a firm believer in population control and various methods to achieve it, many of which smart human beings would be opposed to.

People also try to sell us on the claim that Bill Gates is a giving philanthropist who donates so much of his money. OK. Well why aren't you pledging $560 million to combat poverty or unemployment or homelessness or any of a thousand social problems across the world? Why is population control your top priority?

Maybe I'm jumping the gun but taking this combined with things I've seen in the past from Bill Gates, this doesn't sit all that well with me or automatically garner praise from me.

And I hate to do it, actually I don't, but notice how the money for contraceptions (population control) is going to African nations. Next they're going to be building Planned Parenthoods and Abortion Clinics over there also.
edit on 12-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This is quite worrying.

Wouter Basson said when he worked for the south African secret germ warfare program Project Coast he developed an protein that you could add to contraceptives that would cause the female to become infertile.

Its mentioned at 9 mins into this video

edit on 13-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
People also try to sell us on the claim that Bill Gates is a giving philanthropist who donates so much of his money. OK. Well why aren't you pledging $560 million to combat poverty or unemployment or homelessness or any of a thousand social problems across the world? Why is population control your top priority?

I watched that video at the 9 minute mark. That's scary stuff, especially as the country wanted that protein.

Bill Gates wants depopulation through new vaccines, healthcare, reproductive health services to lower the population by 10-15%. So no it doesn't surprise me. See the video below for proof from his mouth.

Start at 2 minutes 27 seconds.

edit on 13-7-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Bill Gates wants depopulation through new vaccines, healthcare, reproductive health services to lower the population by 10-15%. So no it doesn't surprise me. See the video below for proof from his mouth.

If you're disgusted by Bill Gate's agenda, maybe we should quit buying his products? Gates does not make any money off Linux.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

africa is by and large probably one of the poorest continents in the world. vaccines,contraception and the like can only help them pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

having less children, voluntarily, will help them rise above poverty. after health services like vaccines and contraception, they really should be concentrating on education and infrastructure.

then again, even with all the programs and money spent on our own poor, there are still millions of people who can't even feed themselves or their children properly. so maybe in the long run it really isn't worth bothering. who knows, i sure don't.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I would guess Mrs. Gates would be well informed about what will save the world. Or it could be she just hates to see blacks reproduce at such an alarming rate. I'll bet she put her money where it would do the most good for the world's societies.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

Because an excess population within an area of limited resources IS the root of unemployment, homelessness, and all the thousand other social problems.

BTW, contraceptives are a means of populations control
Not quite as evil as some people make it out to be now, is it?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I would guess Mrs. Gates would be well informed about what will save the world. Or it could be she just hates to see blacks reproduce at such an alarming rate. I'll bet she put her money where it would do the most good for the world's societies.

the woman gives to people she'll never meet, never be affected by, and yet you make it into some racist agenda. No good deed goes unpunished i guess.

sickening.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

I made nothing of it. Just a sickening theory. They abound here. Take a pill.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'll tell you what Melinda, if you are out there, if MSoft changes it's C.E.O, there might be a spot in the new hub system for you. I know you can feel your world shrinking.

Well that world you and Bill left behind.

Right now, Microsoft has a pretty bad reputation abroad. They seem to like Google though.

I don't know why you people pushed for such a monopoly. Apple seems to be doing ok.

How much Apple does Bill own these days?

"Can Microsoft recover its super powers? Doubts persist"
gigaom.com...

Well you know I went to bat for you right away, and I was all oh Microsoft and Google and they were all Google and don't even mention the name Microsoft. They attacked your Grecian headquarters and fire bombed it.

So I would say lose the C.E.O. and get back to your roots. Lets build this new network together but you need open source code. Its not that we don't trust you, but we still remember what you said (the CEO of MSoft said) to Cisco Systems after taking them to the cleaners and I quote "you made a mistake, you trusted us"

Well pardon us all for making that mistake. lol

So now you will have to go you know, Internet style. Open source, and make stuff to give to people for free, and work on that public image.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Open letter to Melinda cont'd...

I know you wanted to hear my speech, but I will just give you a bit of it...

The Internet is like a world of it's own. And in this world great nations have risen and the people themselves have decided who they favor.

I needn't name names, companies so large that they can afford to give their employees unicycles, weight training floors, food courts, luxury all expense cruises, Ipads, (cheap shot) and all the latest technology.

Microsoft of course is a nation of the Internet. And we have watched it struggle to have its own search bar.
How many sleepless nights they spent, trying to get a search engine.

But still, their operating system is everywhere and always it draws a crowd.

And as we venture to create a new commercial net, geared for the wholesale market, and for trade and commerce, and secure banking, we must accept that in our Internet world, these nations need to be represented. But we the people need to put some safeguards in place because a pond that has sharks in it, is no place to raise goldfish.

And this project is directly geared towards the middle class. Internet commerce, and agriculture trade, all things Internet including data farms.

And data farms is where Microsoft wants to be. Google is there.

So for these hubs we are looking for 300 million investment per by these nations of the Internet.

Its a scientific adventure. That will span the globe. Cloud distribution systems, just in time inventory, central warehousing, and working towards free trade.
And make a network backbone for Internet commerce that is secure.

So, open source.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

i've bolded the part where you said it earthdude. that's pretty clear and blatent race baiting. totally unwarranted and unneeded sentence. unless you're trying to lambast Mrs.Gates by insinuating she's racist

i wont derail this thread any further, but really dude.....it's not cool.

edit on 13-7-2012 by optimus primal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Melinda cont'd...

Yes we held the G20 at Slim's house in Mexico, he is big into telecom, and you know that China and Russia yes and Hillary, everyone actually is quite excited about moving forward in a positive direction with something that the people will like. Yes Kofi is doing a fabulous job as a diplomat. Yes Vladimir Putin came out of the gym and got reelected and just in time lol like the inventory method we are promoting.

So do I have any suggestions well, Java, and then MSoft could fight with Sun systems, and Adobe could referee.

You need competition to be a vibrant industry. And this network is an isolated network largely, with its own set of rules governed by the scientific polls taken at random in forums such as this one. You know how the Internet works by consensus.

The UN will also be involved the 188 countries that make up the New World Order committee. Then you have the financial branch, the IMF (188 countries again) managed by the G20 (The leading finance ministers and financial wizards of the world including from Russia and China) and then they will encourage, force, twist arms of Internet greats, and maybe even their spouses, to sit on the board of Directors.

Now keep in mind that the Internet we see in the west, is only a piece of the pie. 48 percent of all Internet traffic is in Asia.
So of course they have their big success stories there as well.
Well lets watch as this develops and see how it all turns out.

This is promising though out of China...
www.xjgj.com...

Thats what we have in mind. 90 locations like that, 5 billion per trade hub, funded by the IMF, and then that sexy looking tower of course, might be an Internet tower. And you know we will be looking for architectural ideas and of course LED lighting schemes. And automation. Communications for a world wide shipping company that we will make for it, thats a lot of com equipment, and then other companies will use the hubs as well in competition with the shipping company which is largely just to employ ex-military from around the world as we scale back our standing army.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Melinda cont'd yes the IMF has 465 billion so far, they wanted to raise 600 billion but I said I could do it for 465 billion with America.

So, anyway, do you want to know the latest? Well 2 things are being debated but firstly oh of course we are not going to shut America out, America merely has to pony up the 35 billion which we don't need but its the thought that counts.
So the latest is, since this is a commercially oriented hub, based on trade and commerce should people have to use ID to get onto the system with a user name?
Money changing hands, you want a system of trust and security, not necessarily a free for all where people may or may not be legitimate business people.

So then the second part of that is what about blacklisting. The minute you have a system that requires user ID's you then have the possibility that people will use that system to blacklist other people.

So there are two big subjects for you to discuss at the tea social, and at any social gatherings you might be at.

In the end, the board of directors might be the ones to make decisions within that framework.
So you should consider it carefully.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Melinda cont'd...
Well we could make them generic, those hubs, but have one spot on site for an International Plaza. Yes foods of the world, and Internet product showcase, some Internet store windows via hologram and some robotics for show to show visitors the cogs and wheels a bit of the movement and handling of goods.

Maybe there we could let the country where it sits have their display. To showcase their products and services.
So then it could be a bit more than generic. They could be a little nationalistic in that center.

That Chinese trade hub is a good example. It looks modern, generic, and they are willing to call me a terrorist in Africa, If I don't let them at least have some brightly colored cloth blowing in the breeze and make it more down to earth for them.

And you know if they all give up their weapons, I would agree to their terms. lol But you know thats not gonna happen, so where we put them in Africa will be where it is safe to put them.

At this point we have some candidates throwing themselves at the press but I want to take some time there and spend some time looking at that region by itself and right now thats not possible. But Libya is a candidate.

90 hubs is a lot of hubs until you look at a globe. As far as the job of director goes we won't make it too demanding we expect that the people we select/coerce/bribe/beg for help from will be wanting to enjoy their yachts and things. And they will hire underlings they trust. (Who have their cell phone number.)

And although I am trying to play down the UN global food management program aspect of this and focus on the business and commerce we will be using the Gates model, of being good business people and then turning our profit into philanthropy.

Yes it did hurt actually to say that because as you know Bill and I were arch rivals for many years. I eventually had to call for backup.
Well its still a happy ending in progress and the Internet is one thing I think people are willing to invest some more time and energy into. A commercial branch for wholesale. And you know, if it is wholesale then people should get an ID for it. And if the focus is on wholesale, then the network will get better treatment globally WRT taxes and tariffs.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

As far as what type of ID, well probably a wholesale club type of ID. You are who you say you are, ok, here is your ID.

So then where do people know who you are? At a bank. And so banks will issue the ID cards, and what about those who don't even have a bank account? Well I think that we have to let them use the Internet at large rather than the business network.

But the lowest common denominator might be in one of the poorest countries we are working on right now so we don't want a rigorous approval program, just show ID.
Once you have your ID, then you could let your brother-in-law use it. Or if he stole it and used it, things happen.
So you get another ID card. The system will be designed according the no chocolate bars are to left on the coffee table model.
Designed not to tempt people to steal candy bars. It will have rules that cannot be disobeyed. The option will simply not exist on their keyboards. Whatever it takes to design a system, that is secure, even if each user needs a new keyboard.
Whatever it takes to make it secure. Open source code and double heavy encryption. Once at the hubs and once at the banks and people can encrypt their own data if they are not a bank by themselves. Banks will hire a company that is bonded to encrypt their data at the hubs. And the bank will be inside the hub too. Bank or banks.
As far as the look and feel, I would try to make it look at times like a stock inventory list.
At other times I would want large icons, and simple simple simple menu systems. With pictures.

Sales might be made via camcorder, and the buyer might be in Chicago. Or Iowa. We probably won't put a hub in Chicago since the need vs opportunity is better in Iowa and Scranton. That doesn't mean Chicago can't play though.
Yes you know the futures market and you know about the markets in general and how those need to be managed and how that is something we do as a group, and so we will be making some financial gains as we progress based on bricks and mortar. Something for investors to keep in mind. Speculation can be costly.
At this point.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Do I have a favorite American bank? Yes I have one that I said I would help get back on its feet.

I haven't been watching what they are doing lately though.

But someone did ask today what our plans were for banking in this hemisphere...
www.suntimes.com...

And you know in Europe, they are working towards a central bank, and they need to favor a few banks that were affected by the cutting of trade relations along the Silk Road. You hear about them in the news every day and how the EU has to prop them up.

But in America, there has to be some changes, and that is probably not really a part of this mandate, so the banking inside the hubs, will be based on performance guarantees.
And we will favor the big banks.

There is some investment they need to make to secure that system, some infrastructure, but its not a large investment. It's like leasehold improvements. The Internet companies will connect the site to the net.
As part of their investment.
The banks have it pretty easy this go round, and they stand to profit from it. In return we want to establish a few different types of banking institutions and we want to promote Internet money of some sort.
PayPal is one company I support.

Its a banking bonanza basically. And so we expect that the brightest and the best that we have in our employ, the G20, will do their best not to get involved.
So the management and the board of directors will decide using basic business principles.
The central bank in America will have some control over the banking structure of this new net.
As it relates to America and wherever they want to take their advice.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You see right now we are in the planning stages, and if I make a decision based on one thing, somewhere else someone will attempt the same thing so that I might make a similar decision there. Well that's just dialogue at this point.

That is why I say bricks and mortar. Because when they are laying the bricks ok, you know you have something to work with besides just promises and talk.

We are at present economically leveled off, and in slow growth mode. We are building capitalism from a firm footing.
We have reinstated supply and demand, and we are now getting a tool made for commerce, banking, trade, science, Internet, and management of course since that makes it easy for everyone to do business.

I don't expect it will take a long time to build once we get started. It will be done like a business based on business principles. No big long drawn out board of standards that will preside over every single thing.

I have shown people a picture of what one looks like.
That is all there is to it. In places where they will be part of a dock system, ok, they might look a little different.

Half of it will be in cyberspace. And it might be represented in malls at one point as a trading post, where people can walk off the street and buy things or look into opening an Internet business.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Bravo to Mrs.Gates! This is,I believe, one of the best ways to get poor,overpopulated countries back on track. There are simply too many people in some parts of the world,so what's the solution? You can't simply start killing people, although I'm sure there are some pychopaths out there that would advocate such a thing.
If you can educate people and get them to start having fewer offspring,I fail to see how this can be a bad thing. What better solution do you have?

And please, Mrs. Gates is NOT going to be reading this thread,so why waste your time ranting at her in an "open letter"?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

So lets look at people needing to make a purchase to get their ID card for the wholesale side of the Internet.
Like a specific ordinary keyboard but with some extra capabilities or something. I don't want to start a tech war, and require a hand-held device, I want something simple that companies can make. The usual players maybe but at least something simple enough that it can be made in Asia and work in America or vice versa.

So lets suppose you offer a few different keyboards and styles that have something useful that is trade and commerce and banking related. Price wise well yes part of me says make it expensive as an entry level to business but then I have to also look at Burma and Afghanistan and cannot make it expensive.

The more expensive it is, the less chance the cousin or brother-in-law will end up with it.

But then people would steal them.

So just a keyboard that you can buy as an option, when you get your ID card. So any bank can sell them.
Or give them away.
So now you see its too soon for us to actually design this keyboard, so this is just a heads up, so that companies can ramp up for that event.
Lets say it has a light for https, and some better calculator. And it looks more like a business tool.
But its just a standard keyboard and maybe even an Internet keyboard. Models to choose from.
And maybe you might do your banking there if you got the thing for free and it was helpful getting you on the system and using the system and accessing your banking needs for business.

So when people get their ID card to use the wholesale system, they should be able to get a keyboard. If not there then on-site.
And of course available through the Internet.
No bank account, no ID card.
Business is business Mr. Bean.
While I am on the subject who all thinks the present touch pad on keyboards is as useless as a hand crank calculator? Everyone. Thats what I thought. With this keyboard, you have to use the calculator as a calculator, and it doesn't double as a joy stick. For instance. So you see finally now after all these years of building the net we are finally building something for business.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join