It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melinda Gates pledges $560 million for contraception

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Well you go ahead and think that, but who tells Melinda Gates what will save the world? Who tells her what is best for the rest of the world? You say she is well informed. By whom?

I'm sorry but it just blows my mind to see people so easily go along with a rich and famous person's agenda and start spouting "Well they know what's best" kind of nonsense and not even begin to question the actions and motivations of such people.

So because the Gates have 560 million dollars to donate to this then what they are doing must be noble? I don't think so.
edit on 14-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Anybody ever noticed that only women seem to be targeted for population control programs and not men and women?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

Well you go ahead and think that, but who tells Melinda Gates what will save the world? Who tells her what is best for the rest of the world? You say she is well informed. By whom?

I'm sorry but it just blows my mind to see people so easily go along with a rich and famous person's agenda and start spouting "Well they know what's best" kind of nonsense and not even begin to question the actions and motivations of such people.

So because the Gates have 560 million dollars to donate to this then what they are doing must be noble? I don't think so.

Its not people going along just because its a rich person doing it, its people going along with it because they think its a good idea. Overpopulation puts a strain on resources and being able to control when you make new kids or not is beneficial thing. This is not mass sterilization of the unwanted, this is giving them an option that's basically freely available to most people in the West

Now you could argue that it might be spent better (personally I think its treating the symptom rather then the cause of problems in Africa) or something, but its not dumb sheeple following and rich person down the path of doom, now matter how much you dislike the rich person for whatever reason.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

You know me and Bill fought a lot over the years. We started fighting on the same side in 1980 against Big Blue and company IBM which was into proprietary software and hardware and big business machines.

Well we did not see that as being the most profitable for the general masses (in my case) and for himself and his lifelong dream of Microsoft (in his case). Yet we had some common ground.

However when our idealism did not mesh together, myself being a Canadian (and an alien scientist lol) and himself being born into money, (and being a geek), his business tactics I did not agree with and I won't go back into them here and now, but if I want to be generous, I can say well if you are a kid, who is trying to take on IBM, well you have to use some tactics that maybe they would use, even though for me, I wouldn't stoop to that level.
Nonetheless we fought and fought and as we fought the Internet grew and software industry was completely wiped out. Never before has an industry with such promise and such life and vitality, been wiped out by illegal means. The stores used to be filled to the brim with software titles and everyone was selling software for the new pc.

Well Microsoft basically put that all out of business by controlling the operating system, and thereby trying to control the industry.

Now maybe there are only 5 aps, that people need and use but there were 5 million, and there is 100 million today for free. Largely because as Socrates would say, if you push too hard in one direction, the rebound is going to be even stronger.

So we can thank Bill for that. Otherwise it would be mostly low cost but not as free as it is today.

Now I don't think that was his motivation. That was just the end result of us playing good cop bad cop and waring over all the technicalities of computing and networking.

And even Bill you cannot center out completely in that because its a huge company. And he turned much of his fortune over to Melinda's charity.
Sure, it is sheltered and his family will always have a job if they need it. Warren made a comment on that because he probably wants me to say well publicly, because I have said it in private, that it is a charitable business. Its like a charity ran by business people or a business run by charitable people.

Nonetheless they have done a lot of good for people with their charitable works.
Warren donated billions to the charity. And he thinks its a good way to shelter your cash, make it work for you, and then give the profits away, get the liberals off your back, and do what you like to do, (win at business) but at the same time give some back.

Well as I say from my perspective when a person does charitable work, that is between them and their God.
You know really, and in some circles people have tried to paint me with a brush that I will speak to them, if they donate money to a charity. but thats not true and I always wanted to avoid that.

But some times people want to do that and some times I do actually ask them to participate in charities, such as for other countries, but not as individuals but as tax payers. Part of a great country doing some charitable work for the less fortunate. I don't want to put any burden on them. Just because they are rich.
You would think that maybe they would be the most happy people on earth but actually being happy is something that takes maybe as much work as it did for them to be wealthy.

There are lots of philanthropic people out there and America has plenty.

edit on 14-7-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I still fail to see why RESPONSIBLE population control is a bad thing. I also fail to see how funding for contraception is a bad thing, when the FACT is that many teen pregnancies would be avoided with access to proper contraception.

Not everything is an evil conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

I'll turn that right back around-So because the Gates' are filthy rich, they MUST have an evil agenda?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Whats my point? This new global economic development project is going to be ran the same way. As a charitable business.
We are starting off with way more money than Bill and Warren have ever seen. And we can raise 3 or 4 times that in a fortnight if we wanted to.

But you have to admit, that they are savvy business people, so to not steal their idea, would be foolish on our part.

Oh I know they never invented the concept. And maybe in some way its all just another chess move between two ideologies. Somehow through all of this we managed to remain friends. Oh he really took the rug out from under me once or twice, and I can still remember the expression on his face when I caused him to lose like 40 billion dollars as a penalty. (Since I was managing the global economy at that point.)

So here again we are setting out to break new ground, only with new players, and new teams, same old colors because we still have just Titans and Olympians here, (for the most part)

But hopefully we will get this thing off the ground and get it working, for everyone's benefit.
The G20 is a great diplomatic achievement, and they need some tools to work with if we want them to do a good job.

So we have to make them a tool for business. And that is this new wholesale network branch of the Internet.

The reason for that is the world will be a much nicer place, governed by economic factors, than by military might.

Military is a fact of life on earth, but people benefit more from economic rule providing it is done well.

So the plan is to create a scientific tool for their use and since they are economists, we want to make a tool that economists can use.

Demographics and statistics are important to economists.

So their role will be as overseer not so much to interfere with the operation of the thing itself, but so they know always what is going on in the world of economics. In real time.

Then you have the IMF and the UN 188 countries and that is economic and political. the G20 can switch to politics really easy, just as the G7 can, but you know their purpose is economic development.

But I don't want to take away from the fun of the thing itself, in building a tool for business people and bankers and scientists and yes even politicians. The middle class has been holding the line and shrinking and its time for renewal. New opportunities for good incomes hopefully through trade and commerce.

And who doesn't like to shop at the wholesale club when they need to? Well there was a time when you couldn't. They didn't exist. You bought retail, unless you were in business.

But today we want to be modern and the wholesale club means more people can get involved, and there is actually more chance for revenue if the wholesalers in some sectors sell to the general public to move goods that they need to move.
So it works for everyone. And its not exclusive, all you need is ID.
There are a lot of other benefits to a wholesale club approach but I won't go into them here. It makes the facilities better since the general public sees whats going on. Thats just one aspect so right away across the board you have improvements in quality of goods and health and cleanliness and a stabilizing effect of pricing.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So if you want a new tech toy, I will give you a new tech toy. You take a hand held, and you add an LED projector bulb, like from the Shoot n' Share camera, it has a built in projector so you just project onto a wall, so now you can do spot presentations using your slide-show software or whatever prepared sales props you keep at the ready.

Not as a sales gimmick mind you, but because on your level, that's just a useful tool of business.
'Here, let me see if I have something that I can use to explain the concept, scroll, here we go, from our management meeting last week..."

You project your spiel onto the wall, and the client is right there with you, as you both count the money in your day dreams.

So, you like to order goods, and you like to track your shipments. In fact, although the global shipping companies have come a long way, they are not tracking parcels like you would want them to. You check on line, and it says the shipment just cleared customs or the shipment just arrived at the hub 100 miles away and then you turn around and there they are, or, you go out for lunch and miss the delivery.

So you want a GPS badge that you can stick to your shipment, and it will phone you, or you can phone it.
Oh that sounds expensive doesn't it? No, they are very inexpensive items.
Not as expensive as that which you want shipped and need to arrive, just in time.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Allllways, be closing.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

So Melinda, Bill, Warren, Larry, everyone, why do I want the G20 to have this tool?

For the same reason that Warren wants to give Bill all his money. Neither I nor Warren, expect to live forever.

And yes, it takes at least 20 people to do my job, because I have at least 20 helpers who are not just good, they are the best there is.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Nobody's buying your BS dude,you may as well cut it out. In case you hadn't noticed, your only talking to yourself, cluttering up the thread with your insane ramblings. Get back to managing the world economy or gettiing people to write songs about you........

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

So Melinda, Bill, Warren, Larry, everyone, why do I want the G20 to have this tool?

For the same reason that Warren wants to give Bill all his money. Neither I nor Warren, expect to live forever.

And yes, it takes at least 20 people to do my job, because I have at least 20 helpers who are not just good, they are the best there is.

How old is Warren? 76. I am 56. I may live to be 101 thats beside the point, you cannot have a key man in a business this large. You cannot have someone who is indispensable if you want things to carry on if something happens to them.
I have been managing the global economy for a long time. Longer than I have admitted.
I was playing an active part in the decision making process even before 1980.
So there are some things that would be nice to pass on to them, and I don't mean friendly advice.

I mean a tool that they can use to govern effectively and since they make up the bulk of the largest countries in the world, and all the money and all the bombs, those 20 people should be able to govern as a democratic committee.
But not for show. Really govern. According to those ideals you have set for yourselves, which is capitalism, and prosperity and rights and freedoms etc.
On a nuclear capable world.
And for them to do so in a united fashion, they need to agree on the facts. They need to agree on terms as Socrates would say.
And the only way to properly accomplish that is for them all to be looking at the same microcosm.
I look at microcosms. And that is how you can see trends.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You know Melinda, I studied philosophy, religion, science everything and I have the Internet right? Well the most important of those is the Internet.

The great equalizer. There is another side to all this of course, from a philosophical viewpoint. There are existentialists in the world, as a for instance, and those who believe that if you set up too rigid a system like that, you will not have room for the type of spontaneous creative emotional response that is just as important a part of the human experience.

To some times just say, hey, instead of loading this truck, lets have a tailgate party. Well ok, if you are on your own ranch, or your vineyard, but you start doing that at a trade hub, where millions pf people are getting their food from, every day, and remember humans like to eat every day as part of the human experience, you should select a philosophy, that meets the needs of those people.
If you want to be in business.

So this venture, although new, even isn't new, because we already have a big Internet we made together.
Our blood sweat and tears is all here by and for the people, a giant leap for mankind. And what you see, wait for it, is what you get. Oh c'mon I said wait for it and you already new what I was going to say.
Providing you are from an English speaking culture, because expressions lose their value as soon as you try to translate them. Have you seen Burmese writing? These people look Chinese in the North there as you would expect because borders do not stop people from intermingling. And they have since time immemorial.
Yet Burmese writing looks like Arabic or something.
en.wikipedia.org...

So translators will need to be everywhere on this project and in the offices on site and that is going to be a huge part of this economic venture. That part is best just handled by the G20, who should find a way to manage that maybe with the help of the UN. To get good people to employ.
At any rate, the job growth potential is there for numerous industries and that is the original reason I wanted to do this, but then the political horizon was such that really it would all work best if the G20 did it.
With the help of the IMF and the UN and in that way almost everyone could hopefully be able to achieve some goals through the process.
Something in it for everyone.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Just to give you the scope of the problem... In Canada, we speak English, and some French, and French and some English. Depending on if you live in Quebec or the rest of Canada.

Plus ethic minorities speaking their native tongues to each other.

Ok so lets look at India, and these are their native tongues...

The largest in terms of native speakers being Hindustani (Hindi-Urdu) (about 240 million), Bengali (about 230 million), Punjabi (about 90 million), Marathi (about 70 million), Gujarati (about 45 million), Oriya (about 30 million), Sindhi (about 20 million), Saraiki (about 18 million), Nepali (about 14 million), Sinhala (about 16 million), and Assamese (about 13 million) with a total number of native speakers of more than 900 million. They form a subgroup of the Indo-Iranian languages, which consists of two other language groups: the Iranian and Nuristani.

I know Bill would still want to do their taxes using Windows and he probably does.
But opportunity for disagreement and misinterpretation, and misunderstanding seems like something to maybe expect there. And that is just one country.

As I say, this is not going to be a cakewalk, to put a physical Internet on the ground in commercial terms.

Unless we decide to just do it one way, and then be consistent in the way it looks and operates and then just have translation and translators as needed. And since we are doing this project because of the UN (quickly switching hats) and the opportunity for global food management which is their game, their mandate, their mission, and we are giving them this tool AND free space inside the facilities to store surplus food properly for emergency distribution through a cloud distribution system, which has capabilities as a system way beyond anything you have ever seen in your life, then probably the UN would be pleased to provide some translators when called upon.
I would think.
And the trade organization company will pay them.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So although its not like data, cloud based distribution because you cannot just replicate food, like you replicate data when you distribute it, you can however distribute a great vast quantity of emergency relief, and fill an order in minutes, and have it on its way in an hour.

The military can do that with military precision. But we said we would try to spread that out a bit so that the burden would be shared and the joys of helping others in need shared as well.

People dropped things off for Haiti. But if they had a depot in their neighborhood, a global shipping depot, that was an extension of a node, off a hub, and they dropped off a can on their way to work, you would have a gazillion cans hit Haiti the next day.

Especially when people could see how effective their system was at delivering the aid they want to give.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join