It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goku vs Superman

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

technically speaking
Chi- manipulation is Magic

Superman's other vulnerability

sooo goku would win

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Superman can lift about 100 tons.

What are you smoking???

After being saturated with yellow solar energy in All-Star Superman, his strength was tested as exceeding the force of 200 quintillion tons (or 2x1020 tons, in scientific notation, i.e., two hundred billion billion tons).

I must demand you redo this thread.

ummm no dude, the OP is probably a post-crisis fan
like me youre probably pre-crisis.
been reading comics since early seventies and remember the Superman family comic lol

since Byrne did the post crisis retcon supes can't move planets anymore

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBeastly0ne

I personally think Thor would jack Goku up. All it takes for anybody is a good ole' lightning bold from ole' MJOLNIR! I guess Odin would Eff everyone up then. Again Odin is god and or an alien. And a G!

lol dude there are greater powers:

odin kneels before the Celestials

and thor has had his butt kicked by them quite a few times including having mjolnir shattered

those were awesome battles though

lol searching for these images
i've found a The Celestials vs dbz and saint seiya thread lounge.moviecodec.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I cast my vote for...Neither!

I say Sephiroth from FF7. He'd take both of them...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

But, surely he can lift more than 100 tons!?!? I mean, he can move planets, but he can't lift 12 elephants!? That is still hogwash and I still demand the new math.

Edit: All star superman was post crisis, that is what my post was about.

edit on 13-7-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Ok this one goes to Goku vs regular superman.... If you want to get into prime and other versions of him then Goku would lose..... At the same time though, Goku power level is infinite, if the series continued he would have only gotten stronger and stronger.. At some point down the line though he would hit prime status and even surpass it......

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

lol as much as i adore morrissons work
that's not canon
en.wikipedia.org...

The series was the second to be launched in 2005 under DC's All-Star imprint, the first being All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder. These series are attempts by DC to allow major comics creators a chance to tell stories showcasing these characters without being restricted by DC Universe continuity.

from his profile at wiki en.wikipedia.org...

As an influential archetype of the superhero genre, Superman possesses extraordinary powers, with the character traditionally described as "faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound", a phrase coined by Jay Morton and first used in the Superman radio serials and Max Fleischer animated shorts of the 1940s[100] as well as the TV series of the 1950s. For most of his existence, Superman's famous arsenal of powers has included flight, super-strength, invulnerability to non-magical attacks, super-speed, vision powers (including x-ray, heat-emitting, telescopic, infra-red, and microscopic vision), super-hearing, and super-breath, which enables him to blow out air at freezing temperatures, as well as exert the propulsive force of high-speed winds.[101]

As originally conceived and presented in his early stories, Superman's powers were relatively limited, consisting of superhuman strength that allowed him to lift a car over his head, run at amazing speeds and leap one-eighth of a mile, as well as an incredibly dense body structure that could be pierced by nothing less than an exploding artillery shell.[101] Siegel and Shuster compared his strength and leaping abilities to an ant and a grasshopper.[102] When making the cartoons, the Fleischer Brothers found it difficult to keep animating him leaping and requested to DC to change his ability to flying; this was an especially convenient concept for short films, which would have otherwise had to waste precious running time moving earthbound Clark Kent from place to place.[103] Writers gradually increased his powers to larger extents during the Silver Age, in which Superman could fly to other worlds and galaxies and even across universes with relative ease.[101] He would often fly across the solar system to stop meteors from hitting the Earth, or sometimes just to clear his head. Writers found it increasingly difficult to write Superman stories in which the character was believably challenged,[104] so DC made a series of attempts to rein the character in. The most significant attempt, John Byrne's 1986 rewrite, established several hard limits on his abilities: he barely survives a nuclear blast, and his space flights are limited by how long he can hold his breath.[105] Superman's power levels have again increased since then, with Superman currently possessing enough strength to hurl mountains, withstand nuclear blasts with ease, fly into the sun unharmed, and survive in the vacuum of outer space without oxygen.

The source of Superman's powers has changed subtly over the course of his history. It was originally stated that Superman's abilities derived from his Kryptonian heritage, which made him eons more evolved than humans.[77] This was soon amended, with the source for the powers now based upon the establishment of Krypton's gravity as having been stronger than that of the Earth. This situation mirrors that of Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter. As Superman's powers increased, the implication that all Kryptonians had possessed the same abilities became problematic for writers, making it doubtful that a race of such beings could have been wiped out by something as trifling as an exploding planet. In part to counter this, the Superman writers established that Kryptonians, whose native star Rao had been red, possessed superpowers only under the light of a yellow sun.[106]

Superman is most vulnerable to green Kryptonite, mineral debris from Krypton transformed into radioactive material by the forces that destroyed the planet. Exposure to green Kryptonite radiation nullifies Superman's powers and immobilizes him with pain and nausea; prolonged exposure will eventually kill him. The only substance on Earth that can protect him from Kryptonite is lead, which blocks the radiation. Lead is also the only known substance that Superman cannot see through with his x-ray vision. Kryptonite was first introduced to the public in 1943 as a plot device to allow the radio serial voice actor, Bud Collyer, to take some time off.[75] Although green Kryptonite is the most commonly seen form, writers have introduced other forms over the years: such as red, gold, blue, white, and black, each with its own effect.[107]
Supporting cast
oookay now we gotta figure out how much a mountain weighs

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by theconspirator
superman cant destroy a planet

Oh really?

The Silver Age superman, yes, many, many times, and often by simply flying through them at ridiculous speeds. Once he destroyed an entire uninhabited star system fighting a bad guy, including the star itself.

I like how you pull these Superman facts out xD

I like anime and never really was a fan of Superman, but you make him seem very interesting!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

hold the helll up! i've never seen this episode, what season is this?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

All Goku needs to do is get some kryptonite and Superman will be begging for mercy

That depends on which universe they meet in.

reply to post by coven83

Your thread is interesting. It is based on the premise that SM can only lift that amount.

Different writers will do different things with Superman. The best answer I've heard to "How strong is Superman" is "He's as strong as he needs to be". While charming, that answer is simply ridiculous and just doesn't cut it. Therefore, I would like to assume that 100 tons is the limit.

Even if we multiply Superman's assumed power level by 50, we get less than 800,000. Goku, during the Buu Saga, has a power level of over 300,000,000. Even if we're wrong about how strong Superman is, we have a general idea of the math involved, so we have two generally accurate figures to compare. And with even a speculated 800,000 in Superman's favor, do we really expect him to have a chance against 300 million? And that's not even Goku at his best.

Y'know...just saiyan.

reply to post by superman2012

Demand all you like, at least Goku's strength is consistent through all the comics. When discussing Superman, you first have to specify which universe, and then which comic series, before you can even begin to discuss the "facts". That's how scattered it is.

There's no confusion with Goku. Specify the arc in question, and every fact is unquestionable, unless it wasn't answered in the manga.

reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

They did make a movie, LOOSELY based on the manga. Just as with every comic-based movie, the movie-goers expect the film to contain everything that was in the comic...and they are furious when something happened to be omitted for formatting purposes.

And when you suggest they make their own version and make it better, they get all huffy. Why? Because they will complain all day despite the fact that at least the company TRIED, unlike the gripers.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Can Sephiroth teleport, shoot gigantic beams of energy, and withstand 100 x gravity?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Not really. See, Superman is the most ridiculously armed character I have ever seen in the Marvel universe. It's no fun if the character is give so many advantages that the sun can't touch him, even if he flies through it.

I call godmod on Superman. Put a limit on his strength. Otherwise, it's just a sore loser designing him. At least Goku has died a few times. He has an obvious limit. That's realistic. If you're going to create a believable background story, don't make it so no one can ever beat Superman. It gets real old, real fast.

Get my point?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I just did some research, and Superman Prime has so much power that it's no wonder Goku wouldn't beat him. In fact, if Superman Prime were to somehow face himself in battle, I'm not sure anyone would win!

There's a difference between making someone super, and making someone fake. Superman Prime is pretty much fake. The only reason he has the weaknesses he does is because the writers HAD to give him weaknesses after giving him so much power. Fake, fake, fake. Superman Prime is the comic-writer's insecure version of superhero design.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

It was from dragon ball GT..
The series we all try to forget..

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

dragon ball z movie 12

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

uuummm geee
kryptonite and magic?

superman has died

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Superman Prime? The "Quintillion Warrior"?

edit on 13-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Dragon Ball GT was actually overseen by Akira Toriyama himself. Everyone who hates the series seems to forget that the original author also put time and energy into it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

lol no after he died about 4 new supermen showed up

Reign_of_the_Supermen

Following a three month hiatus on the Superman titles, all of them were relaunched. Four new heroes emerged in Superman's place, one in each title, each claiming in some way to be Superman. The story of The Adventures of Superman #500 followed Jonathan Kent into the Afterlife. In a possible hallucination, he convinced Superman's soul to come back with him to the living. The only "evidence" that this was not a hallucination was the fact that shortly after Jonathan reawoke, four individuals arrived in Metropolis claiming to be Superman. This storyline was known as Reign of the Supermen!

Each of the Supermen were designed with ideas taken from some of the monikers that Superman is often associated with. The four new heroes were:

The Man of Steel: John Henry Irons was an ironworker and an ex-weapons designer for the military who wears a suit of armor and wields a hammer. Of the four, he is the only one who did not claim to actually be Superman, but rather that he represented the spirit of Superman and continued his legacy. Steel appeared in Superman: The Man of Steel, starting with #22. He later changed his name to just "Steel".
The Man of Tomorrow, also called the Cyborg Superman, arrived with augmented Kryptonian technology. He was scientifically "proven" to be Superman, but claims amnesia in explanation to his part-mechanical nature. The Cyborg Superman appeared in Superman (vol. 2), starting with #78. After he was eventually revealed as former NASA astronaut Hank Henshaw, he later became a major supervillain.
The Metropolis Kid, who hated being called Superboy, is a reckless teenage clone of Superman. This Superman appeared in The Adventures of Superman, starting with #501. He is the result of the brief time Cadmus attempted to clone Superman. He later had a career as Superboy.
The Last Son of Krypton was a visored, energy-powered alien who dealt with criminals lethally. The Last Son of Krypton appeared in Action Comics, starting with #687. He claims to have the memories of the original Superman, but his emotional distance makes Lois uncertain. He later was discovered to be the Eradicator, a reformed Superman enemy.[4]

later there where 2 others RED and Blue who favored kryptonian fashion
Lol all those crises have really confused things
not familiar with prime as economic circumstances have curtailed my comic book reading since the mid ninties
occassionally will torrent but if i remember correctly a typical superman torrent can be over 50GB's similar for batman and spiderman so until i can afford a 3 TB disk ...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Chi manipulation is magic? That's like saying meditation is magic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join