It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INDYMEDIA UK SERVERS SIEZED BY FBI!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Quick message to the FBI:

Get the #@$%$ back to your own country and hassle your own citizens!!

Its when these guys go grabbing stuff in other countries it really gets to me. This just enforces the idea in their heads that they are part of "team america -world police-".

Interseting that this comes on the brink of the european social forum discussing digital communication rights..

Is this the americans telling us what they think on the matter?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Sorry, I've made a double post.

Yes, I've heard about the secret-services cops of Nantes affair.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Quick message to the FBI:

Get the #@$%$ back to your own country and hassle your own citizens!!

Hell no not come back here, they are staying THERE!!! The more of them there - the less here eh!! lol

Is this the americans telling us what they think on the matter?

Um, NO!! - well, as for me and 10's and 10's of millions of other Americans.
We think the states should be IN THE STATES !!!
It is, however, the gov status of thought on the matter.
Those same 10's and 10's of millions think the gov is screwed, overpowering, and ever more power-hungry.

Misfit

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Misfit]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Aarrgh misfit noooo...

don't dump 'em here

Good too see there are some US folks with a heart for the world! You guys need strength in these dark times.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
why the hell are the swiss trying to infiltrate peaceful anti globalisation protesters??? I'll certainly keep an eye out for these buggers!!! Shame for Indy mind.. I wouldnt want to be running that compny right now...

and evedently this charming post 9/11 world crap means that US agencies will happily oblige against any 'enemy' for any western state..
keep counting that Jewish gold Schweiz...

Q

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by curme
So, the Swiss didn't want their undercover officers identities made public (it would obviously hamper their jobs) so they asked the US to take down the websites?

That makes NO sense! And the seizure wouldn't hold up in any court!

This whole thing is screwy.

The Swiss are not the reason or the answer. It is the Pat Act in action and the NWO of GBH. Can you not figure it out it is over. Freedom is officially suspended, forever. Get it

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Here are more informations about this "abracadabrantesque" story :

The mails dial between IMC-Nantes and Rackspace, about the FBI intervention :

lists.indymedia.org...

lists.indymedia.org...

Here are the first pics, those of 1998-geneva G8 :
A little explanation :

Almost (all the time, in fact) the police force makes use of "pushers". These guys (cops) are in charge to cause rallies degenerate into riots.

www.quellesconnes.com...

(lol : with on these pics, you can see that there are more cops than protesters in the swiss riots !)

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This time, the united state of america are not the "world-cops" for nothing.

So here it is :

Two swiss secret-service cops are pictured in Nantes (France), and them photos are posted on a british server...and who come to take back the pix ? FBI ?! What's interpol for ?

There must be something more important about these two cops. Maybe they are not real switzerlander cops, but CIA agents, NSA spies, NWO troopers or sompething like that...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qoelet
and evedently this charming post 9/11 world crap means that US agencies will happily oblige against any 'enemy' for any western state..
Q

I don't know if you watched/recall/heard Hitlers I mean Bush's post-911 war push speach, but in it he said [verbatum] "you are either with us, or you are against us".

Seems that statement has expanded outside the terrorits fight ideology.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
From an anon news submission earlier.

911, CIA and neo-nazi information has been taken by the FBI.

www.indymedia.org...

A copy of the siezed material can be found here:

portland.indymedia.org...

A statement from The GIEIS Project can be found here:

Related News Links:
portland.indymedia.org
portland.indymedia.org
portland.indymedia.org
portland.indymedia.org

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Just shows no one is out of reach Of the US goverment. Its a shame.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
From an anon news submission earlier.

911, CIA and neo-nazi information has been taken by the FBI.

www.indymedia.org...

A copy of the siezed material can be found here:

A statement from The GIEIS Project can be found here:

Related News Links:
portland.indymedia.org
portland.indymedia.org
portland.indymedia.org
portland.indymedia.org

I must ask...if the entire drives were taken, how can they be sure that these are the reasons they were seized. I imagine more than 4 articles were stored on them.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am going to go out on a limb here as to why FBI was able to get harddrives in London-IMO.
I don't know for sure, but believe that rackspace is an American corporation. As an American corporation, it must obey all American laws and rules.
It is my assumption that the London office is just a Branch office of the company.
I will also assume that the US federal Government informed/requested this ability from the "proper" British authorities.
Also realize that the Federal Gov probably used the "T" word to get them.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I am going to go out on a limb here as to why FBI was able to get harddrives in London-IMO.
I don't know for sure, but believe that rackspace is an American corporation. As an American corporation, it must obey all American laws and rules.
It is my assumption that the London office is just a Branch office of the company.
I will also assume that the US federal Government informed/requested this ability from the "proper" British authorities.
Also realize that the Federal Gov probably used the "T" word to get them.

I am aware that foreign corporations that do business in America are subject to American law (for example, Argentina sold bonds to American investors, and then failed to pay at the specified date. Argentina basically said "Too bad, so sad", but the SCOTUS said "No boys, you gotta pay." No idea if they actually did or not, but legally they had to).

It could also be that Americna businesses that do business globally are totally under Us jurisdiction, ro this was simply a 'courtesy' from the foreign governments by allowing the FBI jurisdiction in seizing the materials. Vast Right-Wing NWO Conspiracy this ain't.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
All a Corporation has to do is open a registered company account in the Bahamas or else where and funnel all there business with foreign countries thru that registered corporation and they are no longer subject to Federal Laws. This is how Haliburton and 19 other US companies do business with Iran. Legally circumventing the embargoes in place against Iran.
BTW

TUT

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
All a Corporation has to do is open a registered company account in the Bahamas or else where and funnel all there business with foreign countries thru that registered corporation and they are no longer subject to Federal Laws. This is how Haliburton and 19 other US companies do business with Iran. Legally circumventing the embargoes in place against Iran.
BTW

TUT

Well, I meant in general. There are always loopholes.

But I doubt the Indymedia and Rackspace had offshore accounts in the Caimans

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Erosion of free speech in the US and Patriot I and II.

Russian state taking control of media outlets and re-centralising government.

Britain to get it's own 'Patriot act'.

Three of the most prominent world nations all apparently curtailing the rights of the press and extending the powers of the state to intrude on peoples lives and liberties, all at the same time? Probably just a coincidence but slightly worrying all the same.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
This time, the united state of america are not the "world-cops" for nothing.

So here it is :

There must be something more important about these two cops. Maybe they are not real switzerlander cops, but CIA agents, NSA spies, NWO troopers or sompething like that...

Agreed. Two Swiss undercover cops are not worth this much attention or effort. I mean, did you see their pictures? My dog could sniff them out as feds.

And there is nothing sinister about the fact that they are photographing protestors. That happens all the time, folks. And there are subversives photographing the undercover boys at the same time, believe me.

There is something else on those hard drives that is interesting...

by Misfit
I don't know if you watched/recall/heard Hitlers I mean Bush's post-911 war push speach, but in it he said [verbatum] "you are either with us, or you are against us".

Misfit

Hitler ... I mean I enjoy listening to Wagner. Does that make me a psycho racist murderer?

:shk:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Skeptic Overlord
um... WTF?
How did a US-based law-enforcement agency sieze computers in the UK?

Just asking doesn�t the FBI have a London based headquarters I�m pretty much sure they do Kind of like a sub branch? They may even have a division in Mi-6 or Mi-5 headquarters so thats how maybe they seized it.

[edit on 9/10/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Well, well, well,

Here is what I believe to be the reason. Not agents in Switzerland but politics in America as usual.

News - Americas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diebold Loses Copyright Case Against Indybay ISP
By News Report
Oct 8, 2004, 17:31

Email this article
Printer friendly page

Diebold Loses Copyright Case Against Indybay ISP

10/01/2004 DIEBOLD, INC. FORCED TO PAY DAMAGES AND FEES

9/30/04: Electronic voting machine maker Diebold, Inc., today became the first company to be held liable for violating section 512(f) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which makes it unlawful to falsely threaten ISPs for copyright violation when the copyright holder knows that infringement hasn't occurred. US District Court Judge Jeremy Fogel ruled [PDF] that Diebold had misused the DMCA and ordered the company to pay damages and fees to Indybay's internet service provider, OPG, as well as students at Swarthmore College in Pennsylvania.

Last September, copies and links to some 13,000 internal Diebold company memos were posted to Indybay and other websites. The memos suggested that the company was aware of security flaws in its voting system when it sold the system to states. Diebold sent several cease-and-desist letters to OPG after the links appeared on Indybay, and also threatened the students with litigation. Diebold claimed the memos were stolen from a company server and that posting them or even linking to them violated the copyright law.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), which took on the case for OPG, argued that the memos were an important part of the public debate on electronic voting systems. Wendy Seltzer, EFF staff attorney, said she hopes the decision will show colleges and ISPs that they shouldn't cave in because they think litigation will be too expensive and useless. Diebold will have to pay OPG and the students their attorney fees, court costs and various other damages, which Seltzer said will probably be in the "low six figures." Wired News Report

indybay.org...

id=2483&category_id=32www.axisoflogic.com...

Yours truly,

TUT

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join