It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look no further~ The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Well since you said to look no further then i guess i wont look any further in to this

seems like a great guide

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yah been wondering where this list came from. Cryptome is wonderful. Bookmarked...

CONCLUSION

Remember these techniques are only effective if the forum participants DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THEM. Once they are aware of these techniques the operation can completely fail, and the forum can become uncontrolled. At this point other avenues must be considered such as initiating a false legal precidence to simply have the forum shut down and taken offline. This is not desirable as it then leaves the enforcement agencies unable to track the percentage of those in the population who always resist attempts for control against them. Many other techniques can be utilized and developed by the individual and as you develop further techniques of infiltration and control it is imperative to share then with HQ.

Aren't Mods in a position to know about multiple "fake" accounts and so prevent this from occurring? And who is HQ? The idea that multiple government agents are poised over their keyboards monitoring millions of replies across the web, in order to slide an intelligent quote off the "viewer" just sounds well... like "overkill". I thought all them are busy flying drones and blowing up weddings somewhere's.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

This is always hilarious. Star and flag! Star and flag!

What I've noticed about ATS forum moderators is they always make a new thread saying how ATS is not cointelpro. If ATS is not, why make such a big deal out of it?

Another thing, every thread I see saying ats=cointelpro, a mod comes EVERY TIME and says the'yre not, or closes the thread. Not to sound like a broken record, if they were not hiding anything they wouldn't make a colossal deal out of it. If it doesn't get anymore hilarious the site owners wife works for Halliburton.

ATS may not be a disinfo shill hub, but it's just another company reaping the benefits from heavy advertising, creating fake users for ad revenue, and staging fake events to bring in users.

Wait you can't question ATS! Don't question you're Gov.! Matter of fact, don't question anything! #, Kardiashians is on I have to end my rant.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Yah been wondering where this list came from. Cryptome is wonderful. Bookmarked...

CONCLUSION

Remember these techniques are only effective if the forum participants DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THEM. Once they are aware of these techniques the operation can completely fail, and the forum can become uncontrolled

Yes, they really dont like it when that happens.

The idea that multiple government agents are poised over their keyboards monitoring millions
of replies across the web, in order to slide an intelligent quote off the "viewer" just sounds well...
like "overkill".

Well there are many threads here on ATS about this very thing. And yes....they do
moniter the forums. Not every forum....only the ones where free thinking is allowed,
and promoted......

edit on 12-7-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Wow. Just wow. Interesting how many "kicked dogs" howled.

However, the professionals will stay mum and ignore this thread, vanish, and take up another entry at the 9/11 threads.

Just curious, as a moderator (if you can disclose these things) how many web addresses initiate from Alexandria?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I pity the fool who tries such tactics on ATS.

This would be like a super tough career advancing ultimate level training...and probably 99% would fail miserably

I mean how stupid would some real life spy need to be to actually even consider the idea of manipulating something so volatile as the ATS forum since almost everyone is suspicious and very much capable of making and passing judgement ...yeah..like trying to sell ice to an eskimo.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

You realize in your posts your described traits that probably make up (at least in part) nearly every single person on the planet.

Save someone with down syndrome or an infant child maybe....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

f it doesn't get anymore hilarious the site owners wife works for Halliburton.

Hmm...

So if my wife worked at Walmart somehow she would complicit in every action they make in the lesser countries for product production. Or lets say Apple, because recently they were criticized for working conditions for China...

This logic makes sense?

Does the wife sit on the Board of Directors, or is a receptionist, in HR? Anything? Have evidence they did something under the company name that was wrong? You don't know? Why bother mentioning it?

edit on 13-7-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

Because Alexandarian's wouldn't spoof. right? I don't think we are going to catch a lot of secret agents by checking their IP addresses, personally.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Because Alexandarian's wouldn't spoof. right? I don't think we are going to catch a lot of secret agents by checking their IP addresses, personally.

Yeah, you're right. That was kind of foolish of me, wasn't it?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Exactly, why bother mentioning it. I just thought it was funny. As you probably know Halliburton is one hell of a company. Wait, it's just a coincidence there stock soared as we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. It's just another fluke that Cheney was President of Halliburton and the Council on Foreign Relations. Gee, I wonder what there talking about.

Does one person represent the company? No.

I just found it funny his wife works for one of the biggest companies who makes it's money in Mass Murder.

But hey, that's conspiracy talk, no need to think about that kind of stuff, here, here's Kardashians, go back to sleep.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

You're a great leader, but you're dividing the movement.

Oh wait

All joking aside thanks for sharing, a lot of interesting stuff in there.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
There are most certainly internet forum spies here on ATS.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is either willfully ignorant or IS one.

This is why my time tested theory has thus far never been disproven and still stands.

There is ALWAYS one (A-hole slinging ridicule,misinformation,inflammatory remarks,name calling,debunkers,and general smart asses) in EVERY thread and usually within the first few posts but ALWAYS on the first page EVERY TIME gauranteed!

Pay attention. It is uncanny.

The problem is, we all know they are here but we all ridicule anyone who points it out.
We police ourselves.

I loved this one

5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule. This is also known as the primary 'attack the messenger' ploy, though other methods qualify as variants of that approach. Associate opponents with unpopular titles such as 'kooks', 'right-wing', 'liberal', 'left-wing', 'terrorists', 'conspiracy buffs', 'radicals', 'militia', 'racists', 'religious fanatics', 'sexual deviates', and so forth. This makes others shrink from support out of fear of gaining the same label, and you avoid dealing with issues.

This is precisely what I am talking about.
THIS is what you will ALWAYS find within the first few posts of ANY and EVERY controversial topic here on ATS.
Don't believe me?
Go have a look.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

*shrug* We are all foolish in our own blindspots. I have dozens myself. It just seems like agents working from some call center in Alexandria or where ever would have access to the same tools teenagers use to torrent everything under the sun without getting caught. I could be totally wrong though.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well there are many threads here on ATS about this very thing. And yes....they do
moniter the forums. Not every forum....only the ones where free thinking is allowed,
and promoted......

We are so full of ourselves. We imagine we are highly sought after thought criminals that are (what?) going to be hauled of to FEMA for orderly disposal because of our opinions? You flatter yourself (I mean we flatter ourselves). We think we are doing something by typing here that is worth "monitoring".

Especilally on what is becoming more and more a juvenile delinquent, sociopathic (with narcissistic tendencies) website about conspiracies. Meanwhile, in the real world... real people and (women and children even) are being bombed out of their ribcage by the war on "terror".

Sorry, I know I am in the minority on this, just care-less really about all the cointelpro crap on ATS.

I live with people who are in total denial about themselves and the world around them. They exist in a fantasy world they made for themselves and use all these tactics in the Cryptome link all day long... even when they don't need to. They are just selfish, self-centered, arrogant, entitled, and in denial people who love to play mind games just to get you, never admit it and never say sorry. Any one of them would qualify for a cointel pro agent on here with flying colors (until and unless you met them face to face). Then you'd chuckle like I do and dismiss their obvious childishness, lack of respect and edict.

I try to remain humorous about it and have learned it isn't worth it anymore to try and convince some of their stubbornness. Any more than if I try to convince those around me.

Just try it. Go out side and pick a neighbors door and knock. When he opens it just try and tell him some shlt like, " I am on this website and talk about UFO's, 911 and bankster warmongers but I think if I am not careful like they'll come and take me away. Could you water my plants and collect the mail?"

See how far that gets you. Please don't take this the wrong way, burntheships. I totally dig this site. This is where I learned this. Mostly over on the 911 forum.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
reply to post by boncho

Exactly, why bother mentioning it. I just thought it was funny. As you probably know Halliburton is one hell of a company. Wait, it's just a coincidence there stock soared as we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. It's just another fluke that Cheney was President of Halliburton and the Council on Foreign Relations. Gee, I wonder what there talking about.

Does one person represent the company? No.

I just found it funny his wife works for one of the biggest companies who makes it's money in Mass Murder.

But hey, that's conspiracy talk, no need to think about that kind of stuff, here, here's Kardashians, go back to sleep.

Well how is this for a thought experiment. Do you believe the war in Iraq was unjust and akin to mass murder? (I believe you are at least close to that position...)

Now, do you pay taxes?

Okay. Two choices.

Given how a Halliburton employee (no matter the position) is complicit in everything they do, you can answer one of the two following:

1. No you do not pay taxes. (Not sure it's a good idea to admit that publicly is it?)

2. Yes you do and you were complicit with the US Gov and everything they did in Iraq, which you are railing against someone else for.

Have a nice night.

edit on 13-7-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I think we should all save that document, and copy/paste the sections we see at work right into the threads that are being manipulated.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I am way ahead of you my friend.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Do you think if there was a 'thumbs up/down' counter on each comment or response, that would help gauge the general consensus of the readers?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Sometimes it is useful to 'lead' the forum by replying to your own posting with your own statement of violent intent, and that you 'do not care what the authorities think!!' inflammation. By doing this and showing no fear it may be more effective in getting the more silent and self-disciplined violent intent members of the forum to slip and post their real intentions. This can be used later in a court of law during prosecution
This is the one that gets me......WTF are allthese idiots doing on the internet when they should be doing productive work?
We dont need any more secret agents.....we need the real people doing real things making themselves useful to society....
The bloated budgets that intelligence and security arms of goverment have recieved have served to supply the research to take even more subtle control of the society as a whole....the whole thing is a self fullfilling nightmare of Kafkaesque proportions......

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join