It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama administration and the FBI want to spy on YOU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
After the late Friday signing and release of Executive Order -- Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions I had my suspicions of it's intent. It now appears to make some sense in light of this article from Salon. Surveillance State democracy . Looks like developers will have no choice but to comply.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Does not bother me at all.. Too many people doing stupid s***, I'm glad their stepping their game up.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Does not bother me at all.. Too many people doing stupid s***, I'm glad their stepping their game up.

Yeah we will see how much you like it when "big brother" is living in your living room.. Do you enjoy your privacy?

This is quickly turning into George Orwell's "1984", Scary times we are living in..

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Americans have the right to their privacy. If you want to give up that right then a place like North Korea is waiting for you.

People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I do realize that the FBI wants to be able to easily spy on everyone...because of 9/11...but what about an individuals privacy...I guess total privacy will soon be a thing of the past.

Sometimes I feel that all these increased ways to easily spy on humanity are just steps in preparation for WW3.

edit on 11-7-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Your thread title is misleading, while partially true. This did not begin, nor will it end, with Obama. A more accurate title would have been "The US Government and the FBI want to spy on YOU." This situation is regardless of which president sits in the big chair. There is an agenda beyond the minor 8-year max term limit for any single president. If Romney wins, would you single him out as well? This has been going on since the creation of the CIA back in 1947 when the veil of our "national security state" dropped over this nation and the world. Since then, other more clandestine organizations have come to visibility: the Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderbergs (yes, they are *real*), the Grove (yes, they are *real*), and others. When most people who haven't researched these groups hear about them, they go into a preconditioned behavior pattern that causes them to laugh, mock, joke, disbelieve and roll their eyes before uttering something about "conspiracy theories."

It's not "Obama." It's not a single president. It's a grand wheel of secret organizations comprised of people with power, wealth and/or charisma that is ever turning. Look at the list of known attendees to the last meetings of any protested group including the ones mentioned above. Most, if not all, of them are the 1% that own 98% of the world's wealth. They are afraid that the masses who outnumber them will have a similar reaction as the French did a couple centuries ago when they heard the reply of "Let them eat cake."

edit on 11-7-2012 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Bilk22

I do realize that the FBI wants to be able to easily spy on everyone...because of 9/11...but what about an individuals privacy...I guess total privacy will soon be a thing of the past.

These day's unfortunately You have to sell your soul for peace of mind.. If that makes since.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
reply to post by Bilk22

Your thread title is misleading, while partially true. This did not begin, nor will it end, with Obama. A more accurate title would have been "The US Government and the FBI want to spy on YOU." This situation is regardless of which president sits in the big chair. There is an agenda beyond the minor 8-year max term limit for any single president. If Romney wins, would you single him out as well? This has been going on since the creation of the CIA back in 1947 when the veil of our "national security state" dropped over this nation and the world. Since then, other more clandestine organizations have come to visibility: the Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderbergs (yes, they are *real*), the Grove (yes, they are *real*), and others. When most people who haven't researched these groups hear about them, they go into a preconditioned behavior pattern that causes them to laugh, mock, joke, disbelieve and roll their eyes before uttering something about "conspiracy theories."

It's not "Obama." It's not a single president. It's a grand wheel of secret organizations comprised of people with power, wealth and/or charisma that is ever turning. Look at the list of known attendees to the last meetings of any protested group including the ones mentioned above. Most, if not all, of them are the 1% that own 98% of the world's wealth. They are afraid that the masses who outnumber them will have a similar reaction as the French did a couple centuries ago when they heard the reply of "Let them eat cake."

Won't dispute what you're saying. However Mr. Obama did run on change and transparency. He's been everything but. This legislation represents something much different than the platform he ran upon.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

reply to post by Bilk22

Won't dispute what you're saying. However Mr. Obama did run on change and transparency. He's been everything but. This legislation represents something much different than the platform he ran upon.

Obama has lived up to his word on transparency. We are getting to see how the government is screwing us over now more than ever.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

Yeah we will see how much you like it when "big brother" is living in your living room.. Do you enjoy your privacy?

This is quickly turning into George Orwell's "1984", Scary times we are living in..

Nobody will be watching me in my living room... I'm not even worried about it. But if it happens, I dont care, let them watch me. They might learn something

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Americans have the right to their privacy. If you want to give up that right then a place like North Korea is waiting for you.

People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

We have plenty of privacy. I dont see how any of this can negatively effect peoples lives, unless your some kinda terrorists plotting on something....

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
OH MY GOSH!!!!! say it isn't so, Obama would never do that to us!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

The other day I saw an advertisement by the (Comcast Cable Co.) about a service that they have added that even when you are away from home....you can check up on your children or whoever and see what is going on etc.

So...I got to thinking how many people with cable are already being watched without their knowledge and they haven't even ordered that new service.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Nobody will be watching me in my living room... I'm not even worried about it. But if it happens, I dont care, let them watch me. They might learn something

We have plenty of privacy. I dont see how any of this can negatively effect peoples lives, unless your some kinda terrorists plotting on something....

Wow.. What a sad misplaced display of faith you have in our government.. Obviously you are not educated in the way this works.. Less privacy, means LESS RIGHTS! And i don't know about YOU, but this is not the America i was born into and promised..

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

We lost our privacy when the so called patriot act was passed. And the terrorist line is just a way to get the simpletons who know nothing of their rights to go along with it. If I wanted other people to listen in on my phone calls I would have a party line If I wanted people to read my emails I would just post on facebook.

You need to stop listening to the terrorist propaganda and start learning what your rights are before they are all gone.
edit on 11-7-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

reply to post by Bilk22

You believed his BS campain rhetoric? Why would you assume him any different than all the previous parasites who have been selected into office?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The people that suggest that a right to privacy should be a thing of the past just don’t understand how close we are to being held captive with absolutely NO FREEDOM in our own lives.

I see a future (not to distant) where everyone is facially or iris recognised and tracked all day and night via various means, lasers that can tell what you had for breakfast and how much adrenalin you have in your body as you walk down the street to the store….. with drones policing entire countries.

I see a future where police will not be required to issue tickets (or finds) for small offences - if you are caught jay-walking, dropping a tissue on the street, swearing in public, coughing without covering your mouth etc by CCTV or drone surveillance – I can see finds being issued electronically – and you will get an immediate notice at your home to pay a fine for these infringements….. I can see three strike type rules that will eventually put you in goal for what we say now are small mister-meaners.

I see a future where the government knows you have a head-cold and orders you to take a particular medication or vaccination, if you don’t = another fine.

I see a future where the government will control you so much, that you don’t want to do anything (not move, nor leave your house) through fear of doing a wrong thing and getting a ticket.

I see a future where the government will arrest you immediately and will send you to ‘better citizen training’ if you disagree with any of their motives or voice that opinion to another.

Unfortunately I see a future where you will not be able to scratch yourself or sneeze in public or talk about ‘banned subjects’ even in your own home and I see a future where only certain ‘good people’ that ‘conform’ to what the government wants you to be will be given access to things such as a job, medicine & essential services.

Is this the future that you guys want?

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by dayve

Wow.. What a sad misplaced display of faith you have in our government.. Obviously you are not educated in the way this works.. Less privacy, means LESS RIGHTS! And i don't know about YOU, but this is not the America i was born into and promised..

I know how it works, and it does not bother me one bit... I still do what i want

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

We lost our privacy when the so called patriot act was passed. And the terrorist line is just a way to get the simpletons who know nothing of their rights to go along with it. If I wanted other people to listen in on my phone calls I would have a party line If I wanted people to read my emails I would just post on facebook.

You need to stop listening to the terrorist propaganda and start learning what your rights are before they are all gone.
edit on 11-7-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

Its not propaganda when you have kids shooting up schools, people biting off faces, and kids getting raped and killed. Thats just 3 out of a million page list of things that go on in just the US ... And it would be impossible if EVERYBODY'S emails, phone calls, and activity was being monitored. It's only if they need to. Idk what everyone is so paranoid about. I look forward to the day when they use finger print scanners and eye recognition for everything. I want technology to step up, not down just because everybody is paranoid...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by dayve

I know how it works, and it does not bother me one bit... I still do what i want

..... and when they stop you from doing what you want (and they will) in your own home how will you feel then? Will you have any rights left to oppose them? (I think not)

Mickierocksman
edit on 11/7/2012 by Mickierocksman because: added a 't', had a sip of coffee, hit edit again......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join