It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyJae

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by ottobot

How can I possibly decide between the 3 new images,

A lady can never have too many clothes...J

And shoes...............and handbags.

So - yes I totally agree, my wifes credit card bill is a testament to that!!!

God bless her Irish heart

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I think i have one more idea after this....

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well, I just HAD to join in on the contest. I couldn't help it.

I made my debut on page 3 of the contest thread. I have a few more in the works.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Something's clicked over in my brain and I think its time I finally change my avatar pic... at least for a little while. As much as I love my current one I think it makes people think of me as being waaayyy more serious than I actually am. Plus now I've started branching out into forums other than the philosophy and metaphysics thinks his one's probably a little more closely aligned with my current life focus.

This is the pic I had in mind (see below). If someone could maybe do something to the background (possibly even just darken it...?) and maybe even crisp up the image a little if at all possible. Any other artistic tweaks will be an obvious bonus. In return I can promise that your place in heaven along with 72 virgins will be secured eh ehm... I will be forever grateful and will make an extra effort to be really nice to you next time we meet on the interwebs

Thanks in advance

edit on 13/11/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Ooh. Ooh 74Templars last one would be perfect. It's a little wolf (aah.....no that would be a cat) looking into a puddle and the reflection is a lion.
It's soooo beautiful and IMO rather apt for you.

But I can understand your angst because your current one is awesome.

I LOVE THAT PIC in your post - just (insert humungus emotion word)!!!

edit on 13-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: 74Templar giving me a much needed lesson in animal identification

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

You mean this one? Its actually a cat, but I liked it.

You're welcome to it if you want it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

LOL - yes I do. Forgive me, I'm at Rottnest Is. on a holiday with the kids and beering it so, you know - cat, dog, bird - all pretty much the same thing when thinking thru amber coloured glasses (hehe).

He/she is so cute though - I showed Daisy & Liam and they love her/him so much.

How's it all going in the land of the **cough** beautiful one day perfect the next **cough**.

edit on 13-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: can't spell - too sober!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

In keeping with your username, these two are of the same bloke - Little Wolf. He belonged to the Arapaho tribe and these photos were taken circa 1880.

Beautiful expressions, honourable and simply righteous.

Mountain laurel, and now your good self have me gravitating towards the native American Indians at this time - not too sure why but I like it very much.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Don't I wish I could be where you are. Never made it out to Rottnest last trip to Perth, but its on the to do list.

Don't you mean "raining its guts out one day humid the next, sunny the day after?" I wish it'd just make up it's damn mind.
I have made 0% progress on the Patrol, but hopefully I won't be doing any river crossings (aka my driveway) this year with any luck.

I gotta go back to SA in about a month for Xmas with family and friends, so I'll be looking forward to a nice few weeks of southern summer weather, away from the no doubt extreme wet season again.

"Queensland. Raining one day. Flooding the next..."

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Hey Sublime,

Cheers for the suggestions but also being an Aussie I feel a little reluctant having a avatar pic from a culture I know next to nothing about. Back in the old days of the internet my teenage self always used the user name 'wolfboy'. Obviously in any forum with more 100 members this is now impossible so these days I'm always '1littlewolf' cos no one quite thinks that far afield.

The angst with my old pic is 2fold cos not only is it really cool but it was also painted by a friend of mine.

But in these times of such rapid change I feel it's also probably time for me to make a change. Something about this pic really struck a chord in me. Probably much of the reason is it looks amazingly similar to how i imagine my youngest little man will look like in a year or so (though not blue
)

ETA: You and Templar are spinning me out. I've just moved back from Perth and now live in Brizvegas...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

edit on 13-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: iPhones do my head in

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
iPhones give me the ...........

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Lol I know exactly how you feel. My old laptop is now so old and full if viruses most website id it as a security risk and refuse to let me log in (incl. ATS) so ALL my posts atmo are done with an iPhone. This is one of the main reasons I've been kinda quiet of late...

Yes you guys are are more than welcome to use this pic if ever some hobo requests an avatar...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Jesus dude, you still have that thing???

Seriously I'm gonna send you a pity computer down. My youngest daughter's system is in better nick...

I lived in Adelaide for a while, but bought a house in the Sunny Coast hinterland years back dirt cheap. Finally decided to get off my proverbial last year and finally moved back after being up there last in the late 90s. The rest is history. Now I jet between the houses in SA and Qld as the mood takes me, although this year has been a lot of BS legal and family issues travel I'd rather never repeat...

I'll have a look at your av tomorrow, but right now my eyes are swimming, and my bed is singing the sweetest melodies to me...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I work fifo doing mining/exploration back and forth from the Pilbara and this is my 'travel' computer... As you can see its done quite a lot of miles. But this is all I have available 3/4 of the time and with my work its never a good idea to bring along anything too valuable, although the the rapidly developing RSI from posting via phone is telling me I may need to reconsider.

I am a bit of a sentimental old fool though... I still drive the '91 model Barina I learnt to drive in back in 2002 and bought off mum for $800. Lotta good times I've had in that car... lotta good times...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Hard to clear up the photo. As an alternative to ending up making it look over sharpened, I am changing the rendering for this, see if you like the general direction:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Texan thanks i do really like it, I never actually thought of putting a thermonuclear bomb in in the background and it really works well with the colour. I was originally think of just having a purely dark background or maybe some kind of emanation from behind his head/hand but now I'm not so sure...

Is it possible to use some other effect instead of the rendering or even none at all maybe just purely due to the fact one of the cool things about the original pic is that it is a real kid and the rendering kinda hides that. Also I was thinking maybe if the edges of the explosion part were darkened slightly so as to make him stand out slightly more.

Hopefully you guys don't mind me being a little fussy it's just that changing avatars is kinda a big deal for me. But overall I do really like the direction it's going, and if what I suggest is too hard or turns out looking crappy I will gladly use the one above cos it looks so good.

Gotta get my 5 hours sleepy time now though ill check back soon.

Again thx all of you this thread is one of my favourite just purely cos it involves all you guys helping anonymous others.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

yeah. i will tinker around during my lunch today and see what comes.

COD: Black Ops 2 was released last night. Bought 2 copies, so my son will demand my time this evening i am sure.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks man mine are yet to move on from Dora lol.

Btw I edited my above post slightly...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Hey, 1LW! How are you, friend?

I did a few variations for you in addition to BFFT's:

I like this one because it looks like the earth is behind him.

new topics

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join