It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Chemtrails create a bunch of 'smoke rings' over Phoenix 7/10/12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have been a long time fan and reader of the site but I saw something in the sky over Phoenix today that compelled me to create an account and post what i saw.

I was driving South on the 101 freeway at about 2pm heading towards Mesa to run an errand. As i was cruising along the Freeway i noticed a plane up in the sky as i looked SW and noticed what i see very often, a white 'chemtrail' coming from behind the plane. In recent years i have been curious about these becuase like many other people i dont remember seeing this phenomenon as frequently when i was a kid, and have read several theories about what they may or not be. for the last 25 years of my life i have lived in North Scottsdale, very close to Scottsdale Airpark and am very familiar with planes of all kind.

So as i was driving today and noticed this plane with the Chemtrail, it caught my eye because all of a sudden it banked hard right and i saw the chem trail start to turn into a hook. At first i was liek "hmmm, thats weird, i dont usually see curved lines with chemtrails, they are usually very straight and are very high up in the atmosphere as they are crossing over Arizona on the way to/from California to the east coast." Having caught my eye and my attention, i watched this plane do what i thought was a U-turn, then i saw it coming back around the same way. After a few minutes, this plane had made 15-20 huge circles that ended up looking like giant 'Smoke Rings

i have a few pictures of some very strange chemtrails and when i called the operator at Sky Harbor airport to inquire about it they told me it was "a military aircraft and not to worry" but as i pressed for more info he said that it was a "C-130 that was burning fuel". It still seemed very odd to me so i called my friend who is a pilot for a major airline that flies jumbo jets to ask him about it. He had some interesting comments. What he told me was that burning fuel on a commercial jet isnt uncommon if they are coming in heavy and need to lose some weight. but he noted that normal 'Chemtrails" are casued at very high altitude (like over 30,000 feet) and it is from the cold enough temperatures to condense the exhaust or air from the plane. Today in phoenix the temperature is about 115 degrees Farenheit, and this plane was no where near 30,000 feet in my estimation. If i had to guess i would say it was somewhere between 10,000 and 20,000 feet. After hearing my explanation of everything, my pilot friend agreed that it was very strange and didnt sound normal.

I was able to take a couple of photos from different parts of the freeway as i was driving. all 3 photos were taken in a 30 minute timeframe and i have included a map of phoenix which i drew a circle of where i would estimate the rings to be. I am not trying to fear monger, just posting what i thought to be a strange event hoping to see if anyone else had any similar sighting.

On a side note, i just sat down to type this post and the local news is on. no word yet on this chemtrail or any reported military plane. BUT there was a story about ANOTHER man who caused 3 car accidents in scottsdale this afternoon, then got on the roof of his car and spun in circles, talking crazy, and tried to attack the paramedics who arrived at the scene of the accident. he had to be subdued via choke hold. The only thing different from a similar story last week is that this guy didnt strip down naked first. WTF is going on? is there really something to this Zombie apocalypse?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hey dude welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to tell you this but I advise you copy what you just wrote... It is very interesting and a great thread but they are so anal about the rules round these parts. Your thread will be shut down in no time... You have to make 20 posts before you can make this type of thread. You can do that real easy mate, just reply to everyone and it'll be done in no time.

Good luck and hope to see you around.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Awsome thread man, make sure to ask the admins kindly to copy and past everything you have posted back to you so you don't forget. Don't make fun, and this is obviously a joke so go ahead, but what if they are just spraying bug spray, I mean if you think about it, even in sub-urban areas where there is more trees and wildlife there is a very limited amount of skeeters flying around. Haha, hope you liked that can't wait to see your other posts, peace.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
First of all, ground temp means absolutely nothing. The temperature drops fast as you climb in altitude. By the time you reach an aircraft cruising altitude, you are looking at extremely cold temps. But the second thing is that there is absolutely no way to judge altitude unless you know exactly what kind of plane you are looking at, the dimensions, and other factors. And even then you're going to be several thousand feet off in most cases. The only way to know for sure is to use some sort of tracking website.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ConcernedCitizen99

Chemtrails are not real.

Now, C-130's do leave smoke trails, they run intentionally rich, especially at low altitudes like take off and landing, and all 4 engines typically leave a trail, but it is typically black, not white. Large airline jets can burn fuel, but if there are passengers on board it would be rare to circle in a loop like that. It would be uncomfortable for the passengers. They might fly in a square pattern, or they might just dump the fuel through dump valves over unpopulated areas. Typically they just do the fuel dump.

So, your circles don't seem to be a C-130, and they don't seem to be a regular airliner, but they could be something else. They could be regular contrails formed because of the steep bank angle. The flight surfaces of an aircraft can create contrails just like the engines do, and if it is banking hard it would be fairly common for that to happen. Also, if it was extremely hot on the ground, then there is extra capacity for the low altitude hot air to hold moisture, and if there is a cooler layer of air above, then it is perfect for creating contrails.

Of course, it could also have been someone practicing, or training, or any number of other things.

The only thing we can be certain of is this: Chemtrails are imaginary, and it wasn't Bath Salts. The dummy on the hood might have been copying the plane though as he turned in circles. Crazy people do crazy things.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
that could be from a jet but i really dont know so what am i saying

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ConcernedCitizen99

Hey there ConcernedCitizen99,

I live in the area where you spotted these. On that particular I did not see this as I was probably indoors during work. But I have seen a huge number of streaks towards the area of Chandler/Ahwatukee and over the South Mountain area from my backyard in Tempe. Last year, I spotted two huge craft (C-130s or C-17s?) side by side over the vicinity of Chandler going East to West, using my binoculars and they were creating long continuous streaks. Before I spotted them, some other streaks were already in the same area of the sky. Which prompted me to go inside and find my binoculars. When I went outside and focused my binocs, I located those two planes about 60 degrees up from the southern horizon.
When I'm in Tucson at my second home, the con/chem-trails are more abundant and they occur mostly at night. They look pretty strange when there is a full moon out.

Kratos.

top topics

join