It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls by Islamists to Destroy Egyptian Pyramids Begin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Well the Taliban did that to the Buddha statues in Afghanistan so it doesn't surprise me since Islamists hated things that are unclean

It is not a question about "unclean", but the fact that the statues both in Egypt, and even more so in Afghanistan, prove beyond doubt that the "arabs" are not from around there. They aren't the original populace, and so it become increasingly hard for them in the modern world, to argue about their "supremacy" in these regions. When the populace was isolated, the Koran was everything ... but when people can travel all over, and they can see mountain like statues of Asian people in Afghanistan, that pre-date the muslim society ... that is another story.

However, the pyramids and statues in Egypt. Even though you can see the difference between the people of now and then, is not as dramatically different as in Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It is not putting Egypt's new government off to a good start with this kind of attitude, wonder how much more destruction is to follow? Does raise some big questions on how they even got elected in the first place or if another revolution is to take place.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1
reply to post by Osiris1953

I get what your saying, i too would love to know if there is anything interesting down there. hopefully it would not get destroyed/looted in the process.

When you have an angry mob of religious ants swarming over everything...just who do you think would be the one to say..."hey, stop, so we can approach this like an archeological dig"....none....that's who.

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There are precious few things over there I agree are worth going to war over. Oil isn't among them. Natural Gas isn't on the list and Israel only makes it because of the regional calamity they'd personally unleash in an all out war. Prevention is worth a region free of radiation for generations.

What lay at Giza and within the larger Valley of the Kings, however, is on that short list I'd call worth the effort and worth the fight. It's not simply among the oldest yet discovered intelligently created structures on our planet, they are not yet fully explored or even understood. No one can be allowed to destroy them. What may yet reside within and more importantly, beneath them is for the species as a whole, not any single power in the modern era to own let alone destroy casually.

(BTW.. Heya everyone! back from several weeks break and feeling all the better for it.
)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume
it's about time the adults took a leaf out of their own book, and stopped blowing each other

ha, he wants people to stopblowing each other, sorry had to do it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by aaaiii

I don't think the current Americans care about the Pyramids they're too busy with America's Got Talent but the wold well might be mixed because Nations like North Korea, China, and Russia would probably wouldn't care while Europe will
edit on 10-7-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

I care, I'm American!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I doubt this being true, as all Egyptians I have met are proud of their Pyramids.

Originally posted by Deplume
Send somebody out there with some massive guns.
If anyone sets foot near the pyramids without proper permission granted, send them to their 72 virgins early.
They've destroyed enough (''peaceful'' religion?????????????)

This actually makes me really angry, and I would be genuinely cut up if anything happened to them.

It's about time we grew out of this ''my magical sky-wizard is better than your magical sky-wizard'' BS.
Society DISCOURAGES children for having imaginary friends... it's about time the adults took a leaf out of their own book, and stopped blowing each other, and everything else up over NOTHING..

Call it irony, but it was foreigners army that actually used Pyramid and Sphinx face as targeting practice.

Destruction of historical sites is not done just by Muslims.

Old Bridge in Mostar was destryed by Catholics, while most of other middle age structures in Bosnia were destroyed by Orthodox. Are you still pissed?

What about sites here in USA? City I live in was build on destroyed American Native village.
edit on 10-7-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sounds like propaganda material to me, that's all

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rumor21

sorry I meant the majority of Americans because every single American around me except a few doesn't give a s***t about pyramids they just cared about the Kardashians or whatever crap they're giving out.
edit on 10-7-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
well I'm sure some anti-islamic site isn't gonna really know anything.

However I did see this on the news earlier, made me a little sad

Timbuktu tombs destroyed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Some people don't know that the world is bigger than just the United States!

We all destroyed ancient relics, all races, all religions and it still goes on to this day.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is hogwash. They announce to the world they are going to destroy the pyramids? That's exactly why it won't happen. If they were going to do it, they would have already done it while no one was suspecting it. They also know there would be no place on the planet they could hide afterward. They would be hunted down, one by one, and killed.

They wanted the worlds attention by making this statement, and they got it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Guys here is the source where suppsedly alien tech exist in the pyramids

Are there any tunnels under the Pyramids?

There is a tunnel under Giza. No one knows when it was constructed or how.

How about spacecraft or anything else like that?

An expedition was mounted as a result of data gathered back in the 1920's and 1930's about a secret chamber under the pyramid. They built equipment in later years and went in down into the pyramid and found this metal door 500 feet below the base of the pyramid. They found other doors. The doors used a sonic code. They found a room with over 30,000 recording disks and alien equipment. They made photos of the disks with IR film. The Egyptian government wouldn't allow them to take any out. The disks were deciphered. They described the rise and fall of civilizations in outer space going back more than 100,000 years. This group built this record room and then built the pyramid over it. There was no UFO, but a lot of equipment was stored on three levels. They photographed over 2,700 record disks. According to an Air Force contact, these disks are sitting in a safe at Kirtland AFB in New Mexico. They don't want the public to know the information.

www.freezone.org...

There have been many many claims of high tech made inside the pyramids throughout the years, even going back for millenias, and claims about actual alien tech have been made since atleast the 1920s. Everything from guardian automatons, laser systems and automated death traps have been claimed throughout the years, and, according to the Egyptologist Dr. Helmut Berner, a point somewhere deep inside of the Cheops Pyramide, holds an amount of Radioactive Energy that equals to the force of an atom bomb, is resting.

Just thought I woud supply with some of the many claims that have been made in regards of the ancient structures.
Unproven, ofcurse, atleast officially, but still always worth mentioning.

And, as previously said, one could always hope that the morons that want to destroy them would get a surprise.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
One would think that they would "Respect" the great pyramids but for centuries they have taken, and taken just about everything they could from them.

From grave robbers trying to get rich, to the stones from the pyramids themselves to build other buildings, and while there maybe a small number of those who have reverence to the pyramids and what they represent to their culture and history.

The radicals have other ideas just like when they blew up the buddas of bamyan in Afghanistan.

Rather sad anyone should even be considering it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'd hasten to remind the folks calling hogwash on this of two things. First, the people calling the shots in Cairo these days are only partially Egyptian. They're a piece of a larger whole now and what Egyptian citizens want may come in a distant second to the larger agendas here. One of the loudest calls for this wanton destruction is from a Bahraini national. Second though is that the world scoffed and made excuses and basically just fiddled around when the Taliban threatened the Giant Standing Buddahs of Afghanistan. I read and heard many declare they'd never do it or that they literally couldn't do it. They were too large some said.

Then they went and did it, with little warning. Now those great pieces of world history are pretty much just piles of rubble with memories from photographs of the wonder they once represented. I hope we don't make the mistake of selling them short again, only to learn they aren't kidding about the Pyramids, either.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The Buddhas in Afghanistan are one thing, but the Pyramids...

Good luck with that.

Touch one stone of them and that's the end of Islam, period.

The backlash against Muslims would be insane. It would be the straw that breaks the camel's back for sure.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
This is hogwash. They announce to the world they are going to destroy the pyramids? That's exactly why it won't happen. If they were going to do it, they would have already done it while no one was suspecting it. They also know there would be no place on the planet they could hide afterward. They would be hunted down, one by one, and killed.

They wanted the worlds attention by making this statement, and they got it.

ah-hah!!! bingo
perhaps it's a blackmail scheme for money?
send them nothing
but the threat of extermination
if they dare commit further damage against the pyramids

what's that? further damage?
yes, many of the mosques there were built using the limestone blocks that originally covered the pyramids
i'll refrain from accusing the muslim conquerors of egypt of stealing and melting down the orichalcum capstone with out evidence but steal the limestone casings for their mosques they did.

those who seek to destroy all knowledge of the past do so in order to rewrite history

sign me on for the hunt

edit on 10-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I would like to remind everyone here of two things. First is that under the Rashidun Caliphate, during the first century of Islam's bloody conquests to spread their religion, they took control over Egypt and forcefully imposed their religion there after chasing out or slaughtering the Pagans and Christians. Because of this Islam is a truly foreign religion to Egypt, it was in no way adopted by the people or by the original authority but was forced upon them by the sword of Muslim Arabians. I mention this because it is not Egyptians that are considering destroying this ancient site which has been a universal symbol for the ingenuity, intelligence, and sophistication of this great race, but is rather the act of a foreign enemy known as Islam.

The other thing is that one should not condemn all religions for the act of fools. I highly doubt even a third of Muslim Egyptians would support such a ridiculous idea; most likely they would be outraged. While I consider myself to be Roman Catholic, I would stand against my faith whenever it threatened to forcefully eliminate an important part of another culture. The majority of Muslims surely feel the same way.

As for the talk of the international community forcefully intervening to stop the desecration or destruction of this amazing, ancient site; that seems on the surface a good idea, but imagine the potential consequences. This would set a precedent that the international community, rather than the nation state, holds authority over particular sites they deem important to the world. We must not, even in such a horrifying situation, be willing to sacrifice national sovereignty to people just as sinister as these radical Islamic clerics.

edit on 7/10/2012 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

those who seek to destroy all knowledge of the past do so in order to rewrite history

Very true sir. Unfortunately, someone with a lot more power has already beaten them to it.

i'll refrain from accusing the muslim conquerors of egypt of stealing and melting down the orichalcum capstone with out evidence but steal the limestone casings for their mosques they did.

I won't refrain from it. If the crime fits M.O...

Yes they did. A very long time ago before the whole world had the ability to watch them perpetrate the act, and hunt them down like animals afterward. Those pyramids are important to some very powerful people in this world. Destroying them will not accomplish what this sect is after, it will only destroy all they have tried to accomplish.

And I believe they know this. The threat is often more effective than the act it promises.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Oh and just to clarify... everyone posting in this thread that the US/UK used the sphinx as target practice/that's why it's nose is missing needs to get their facts right.

This is a sketch from 1755.. clearly showing the nose missing already.. Tales of it being used as target practice are urban legend, not truth.
Sketch Sphinx 1755

Your argument is invalid.

Furthermore it turns out the official line, is that someone got annoyed by Egyptians worshipping this false idol and hacked it's nose off... his name was Mohammed Sa'im al-Dahr ....I'll give you three guesses as to which religion he was....

Sphinx Damage

Some Egyptian government Web sites still repeat the libel. Napoleon Bonaparte certainly committed many crimes, but desecrating the Great Sphinx is not one of them.... ..

edit on 10-7-2012 by Deplume because: More details..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join