It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Step Towards Ascension: Inedia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

The pure yang mudra is what i call the miraculous mudra

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Maybe this never eating again is the best thing that you people can do.

Hell, if you want to ascend even faster, you can transition directly into spirit without the starving first. People do it every day and it doesn't take any training at all. The thing I don't get is - what's with the obsession with transforming the corporeal Homo Sapiens form into something that'll still be a lot less than spirit regardless of what you do or try to do. You'll still be a carbon based material mass, and even if you don't have to eat anymore (which makes no physical sense whatsoever, regardless of whose YouTube clip you're leaning on for the "truth" of this stuff) you're still stuck inside the meat suit (hats off to the ATSer that I first read use that term) and that means that you're still stuck here and not ascendant.

I don't know. You kids really don't seem to have a strong grip on the handlebars when it comes to this "coming transition" issue.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

edit on 10-7-2012 by D1ss1dent because: unneeded reply removed

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I had a bit of a giggle when I read a few replies saying that they had never met a breatherian - maybe that's because they're all dead.

Seriously though - I have done some research in to this topic before and I believe that it is possible, but would require years of spiritual practice and preparation. The Sadhus in India are well renowned for their abilties to transcend the physical (gross) world.

Here is a link to a story of an Indian Sadhu that has not eaten in 70 years.

tcipost.com...

Good luck with it Blue Mule - be sure to keep us posted if you decide to go ahead with it.

* Ned
edit on 10-7-2012 by nimbinned because: added video

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Here's an interesting passage i found in Sri Aurobindo's Record of Yoga:

Impurities in the body show themselves chiefly as disease, as pain, as the discomfort of heat and cold, as the necessity of the excretive processes. The first sign of Kayashuddhi is the disappearance of all tendency to disease; the second is liberation from the dwandwa of heat and cold, which will either go altogether or change to pleasurable sensations often marked by electrical phenomena; and the third, the diminution or disappearance of excretive activity. Pain also can be entirely eliminated from the body, but even before the reaction called pain is got rid of, or even without its being got rid of, the discomfort of pain can be removed and replaced by a sort of bodily Ananda. Finally, the craving of hunger and thirst disappears from the prana to which it belongs and the dependence on food diminishes or ceases. The perfection of all this is the basis of Kayasiddhi. But perfect Kayasiddhi includes other developments such as the siddhis of Mahima, Laghima, Anima and the invulnerability and incorruptibility of the body, powers hitherto attained in the Kaliyuga only by very advanced Siddhas. They depend primarily on the replacement of the ordinary fivefold processes of prana, apana, vyana, samana and udana by the single simplified action of the original or elemental force of prana, the infinite vital energy surcharged with electricity, vaidyutam.

edit on 11-7-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

You may want to rethink this, at least keep things within reason. I watched the video and spent 5 minutes looking for information on Mr. Jani and the guy who was in charge of this study and came up with this.

Jani, who has lived as a wandering sadhu (holy man) since the age of seven, claims to be a “breatharian”, someone who can live on a “spiritual life force” alone. He believes he is being sustained by a goddess who pours an “elixir” through a hole in his palate.

At the conclusion of the experiment, during which time he neither ate nor drank, nor excreted urine or excrement, neurologist Sudhir Shah said, “We still do not know how he survives. It is still a mystery what kind of phenomenon this is.”

Does this mean Jani is authentic? Well, not exactly. After reading this story the other day, I decided to do a little digging and found out Mr. Jani and Dr. Shah pulled a similar publicity stunt in 2003 but that time things didn’t go so well.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just saying this Dr. Shay isn't exactly a straight shooter.

With all the things they are coming up with Vibrational Resonance and Quantum Physics who knows what is and isn't possible anymore.

Source

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

...They depend primarily on the replacement of the ordinary fivefold processes of prana, apana, vyana, samana and udana by the single simplified action of the original or elemental force of prana, the infinite vital energy surcharged with electricity, vaidyutam.

The Chinese name of Pure Yang Mudra is also a special symbol. In classical Chinese traditions, the function of a name is to carry and convey meaning in the same way a symbol carries and conveys complex levels of meaning. Therefore, the name of an object should carry all the information contained in that object. The Chinese name of Pure Yang Mudra is “Chunyangyin” 纯阳印, and this name carries multiple layers of meaning and contains its intentions. The original meaning of “Chun” 纯 is silk according to the second century dictionary, Analyzing Simple Lines and Explaining Complex Graphs (Shuowen Jiezi 说文解字). The symbolic meaning of “silk” is white, pure, and linking/connecting. Therefore, the character “Chun” 纯 exemplifies pure, purity, or purifying. “Yang” 阳 contains many layers of meaning, including sun, heaven, brightness, and south of a hill or north of a river. “Yin” 印 carries the meaning of official seal. In the terminology of the Daoist tradition, “yin” means mudra. Put together, these three terms make “Chunyangyin” 纯阳印, which tells us that the function of this mudra is to help the practitioner connect with universal qi.

edit on 11-7-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

The pure yang, hakini and pran mudra will probably help you a lot.

edit on 10-7-2012 by D1ss1dent because: pics

I tried the 3rd one of these in altered state last night. wow!
It was even more powerful when done with both hands pointed towards each other about 12 inches apart, with the index and middle fingers angled (a bit like deer antlers or rabbit ears if you do shadow puppets
)
When I angled them out or moved them to other positions, the 'resonance' dropped away somewhat.

I'll try the others tonight, just couldn't remember them last night

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Welcome to the extraordinary world of hand mudras

The Pran mudra is generally done with the palms directed upward but exploration is an excellent idea. The Hakini and PY mudras are done with the fingers directed frontward (i usually place them ~2 inches in front of the navel).

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Interesting to think that it might be possible to be so immersed that food is not needed. Interesting goal. Some people use sleep deprivation and breath control. Altered states, but fine ones sometimes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join