It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism - Republicans and Democrats switched sides?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Even though democrats were pro slavery and started the KKK, people make the case that somewhere along the line they switched sides.

Bill makes the case that the Democrats are still pro slavery, but just in a different form. Still keeping people dependent by giving them free money and food, in exchange for votes.

What do you think?

edit on 9-7-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Really here is an excerpt from a website about Democrat racism

The Democrat Party's Long and Shameful History of Bigotry and Racism

Not surprisingly, in all the lies and accusations of racism by the radical left wing, the truth becomes distorted not only about the Republicans but also the Democrats who make these accusations themselves. For instance, you may or may not have heard Democrat Senator Robert Byrd's outburst of racist bigoted slurs, more specifically the "n-word," on national television in March of 2001. Amazingly, this incident of blatant racism on national television drew barely a peep from the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Julian Bond, Mary Frances Berry, or any of the other ambulance chasers who purport themselves to be the leaders of the civil rights movement. In contrast, the main source of well deserved criticism for Byrd's racist outburst came not from any of the so called leaders of the civil rights movement but from from Republican Majority Leader Dick Armey (source). The race hustlers Jackson, Mfume et al turned a blind eye towards this act of racism by one of their own party, at most issuing an unpublicized slap on the wrist, or, as was more often the case, making not a peep. But where the race hustlers turn a blind eye and spew their lies, it is up to conservatives to set the record straight with the truth.

gopcapitalist.tripod.com...

Democratic Racism never dies my friend

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Here is a video too

Robert Byrd a democrat

Ku Klux Klan

Ku Klux Klan
In the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to create a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan.[9]
According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."[9] Byrd held the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops.[9] When it came time to elect the "Exalted Cyclops", the top officer in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.[9]
In 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore G. Bilbo:[17]
Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944[9][18]
In 1946 or 1947, Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."[19] However, when running for the United States House of Representatives in 1952, he announced "After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization. During the nine years that have followed, I have never been interested in the Klan." He said he had joined the Klan because he felt it offered excitement and was anti-communist.[9]
In 1997, Byrd told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also: "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[20] In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."[21] Byrd also said, in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

en.wikipedia.org...

The whole point of this is that the Republicans and Democrats are both racist

Racism from Democrats never dies my friend
edit on 9-7-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The vast majority of them are racists!

Sad to say.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
That is because it is all fake. Every now and then the puppet masters will pull a switcheroo. This is called consciousness level testing. They want to make certain that the people are blind and the deceptions are working. They do something that would normally tip people off that a situation is contrived. People cannot get their minds around something so large being contrived so the mind shuts down and paints a fake reality. In times past when such a test is performed if the people did not go for it there may be a huge revolt or what not. Then it was back to ye olde drawing board. Today people are so blinded by so much information that it is impossible for most people to get through the first few nanometers of data before they give up.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I think people incorrectly use the labels Democrats and Republicans when looking at the past when they should be looking at the labels Conservatives and Liberals.

The party ideologies changed...but the ideologies of Conservatives and Liberals have not.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What I cant wrap my head around is that it seems like at this point they get permission to be this way..As if this is expected and normalized. Whereas if Republicans came anywhere near the race baiting and pandering of the democrats they'd be hammered on it for months.

Example.. Eric holder, Americas top cop just spoke at a La Raza event For those who dont know, La Raza means "The Race" in Spanish. So why's that not getting any air?
edit on 9-7-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The Southern Democrats were a conservative party.

The Republicans in Lincoln's time were liberal federalists.

Don't focus on Democrat or Republican, the two terms stretch over many meanings throughout US history.

The conservatives have always wanted fewer rights for minority groups. (Used to be the blacks, now it's the Latinos and homosexuals.)

Party names are essentially meaningless.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

Yes. A hispanic civil rights group.

Hardly the brown Klan.

I don't see any problem whatsoever with the AG supporting them. As long as everything is legal and ethical.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Yes. A hispanic civil rights group.

Hardly the brown Klan.

I don't see any problem whatsoever with the AG supporting them. As long as everything is legal and ethical.

Is there such thing as a white civil rights group? nope they are just called white supremacists. Kinda strange how that works.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

What kind of disadvantages do whites typically deal with?

I understand where you're coming from and where you're trying to go, but to go there would mean completely dismissing reality. The reality that white people do in fact have much less to worry about when it comes to getting a job all the way down to getting a dam cab.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Is there such thing as a white civil rights group?

The US government

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

What kind of disadvantages do whites typically deal with?

I understand where you're coming from and where you're trying to go, but to go there would mean completely dismissing reality. The reality that white people do in fact have much less to worry about when it comes to getting a job all the way down to getting a dam cab.

Getting a Job? How is affirmative action fair? If I'm qualified for a job why should an underqualified person get it instead just cause of the color of their skin?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Is there such thing as a white civil rights group?

The US government

I see you have the same "whitey holding us down" mentality as many do. Not a healthy way of thinking, constantly being the victim.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I don't like affirmative action either, but let's be real here. Affirmative Action is hardly bringing down the white race.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm white. I just choose to not be the white victim like you do. It doesn;t make any sense.

edit on 9-7-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

I can pretty much guarantee that you have said to a friend "hey how come there isn't a WET (white entertainment channel), completely ignoring the fact that 90% of television is white.

It seems that it makes you uncomfortable when minorities talk about the inequality that exists. It does exist, and if you're white you don;t ecperience it. Why is that hard to accept?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

reply to post by spinalremain

Now make them white. Presto chango poof! Racist

Did you catch part where I said what the name meant?

Did you know their logo was "All for the race. Nothing for the rest." ?

Hispanic civil rights group indeed.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Why would they be white though?

You are completely dismissing the reason the group exists.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I'm white. I just choose to not be the white victim like you do. It doesn;t make any sense.

I can pretty much guarantee that you have said to a friend "hey how come there isn't a WET (white entertainment channel), completely ignoring the fact that 90% of television is white.

It seems that it makes you uncomfortable when minorities talk about the inequality that exists. It does exist, and if you're white you don;t ecperience it. Why is that hard to accept?

The inequality exists because they are in constant victim status.. (not all of them). But this is the narrative that is given to them by the media and the democratic party. The democrats show them the enemy which is rich white guys. The politicians get votes, the people get free stuff.

Here there is a black guy with a gun at an obama event. MSNBC shows him from behind with just the gun (you don't see the color of his skin). They claim he is a white supremacist.. turns out he was black.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I agree..I personally have been turned down for very good job because an American Indian applied for it.

The application documentation stated that preference would be given to minorities in general and American Indians in particular if they were to apply.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join