It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism - Republicans and Democrats switched sides?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I don;t think black people need the media to show them who their enemy is

C'mon/ Do you really think a black dude turns on the news and "learns" to dislike white people?

Of course not. They learn this because when they grow up they see a lot of ugly ignorance and it must bother the living crap out of em to no end.

Sure, there are many minorties that play the victim and let anger dictate a negative lifestyle, but you cannot let that dismiss that minorities grow up in the US being looked down on by white teachers, bosses, police etc...
It's pretty #ty I imagine. Just because some play the victim and don;t strive for betterment doesn't mean that white people shoud ignore the elephant in the room.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Wow....just..WOW

How are you not getting this? Would you be intellectually honest and feel the same way if Holder was white and was speaking at a white advocacy group?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

Yes I would! As long as the preceding was legal and ethical. You're making the mistake of thinking I have a problem with any of this. You're the one who doesn't like Holder at La Raza.

Now you tell me. What is this white group advocating for?
edit on 9-7-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

The white group is a hypothetical and La Raza is not.

I suspect you know nothing about them.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Well help me understand why you're upset, man.

I'm not that hard headed or set in my way that I will stick to my guns no matter what.

What did Holder say at the gathering that was inappropriate? Was he baiting the crowd into violence or something?

Help me understand what I need to know so that I understand the wrongdoing that took place.

I figured a hypothetical group would have a hypothetical cause. You cannot make a group up and ask me comment on it without any further info. My response is going to be dictated on the group's intent and agenda, not their skin color.
edit on 9-7-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I think he is saying, " if Eric Holder, Attorney General of the United States, was white. And he was attending a KKK rally in Alabama. Then sir would you have the same opinion.?"

I think that government officials, being always on the tax payer dime. Should always maintain a certain level of ethics, and conduct. I think that as such, one should not attend a social function of questionable character, especially one obviously designed to promote one group over another, thus seeking to divide, not bring together, the peoples of our country.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
that would be unethical then wouldn't it?

much as I tried to avoid it, La Raza isn't the Klan. You're just stating it's the Klan and it's wrong. Why are they wrong? No one is stating why.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I stated why. Any group that promotes one group over another, seeks to divide, instead of unite, our country. Any group that claims, one race over another, is the klan, just by a different name. It isn't rite, for whites to do it, it isn't rite for blacks to do it, it isn't rite when latinos do it....etc. under any conditions period.

So, once again, why is it acceptable, to go to a latino only race rally, or a black panthers race rally, but not a white race rally?

Sorry I was born white, but I still deserve to be able to do, go anywhere, and apply for any scholarship any other race can, but this isn't reality. I am the most persecuted race on the planet, I am a white male in America, where being born a white male, means everyone just gives you everything, and you never have to work hard, and you never get turned down for anything, home laon your white take it, car loan, forget about it, just pay us back when you feal like it. WTF kind of messed place do some of you live in? Where I am from it doesn't matter if your white or black or latino, we all work for the same temp jobs, we all make nothing for our time, we all get laid off when our 90 days are up so hey don't have to hire us and give us benefits. So why do they deserve more of a break than I?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Racism is racism, it doesn't matter the race, it doesn't matter the location. White race rally- wrong. Black race rally- wrong. Latino race rally- wrong. All equally wrong, for the same equally wrong reasons. Why is it race only matters if they are white,if they are any other race, they get to play the race card.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by reddwhite

Racism is racism, it doesn't matter the race, it doesn't matter the location. White race rally- wrong. Black race rally- wrong. Latino race rally- wrong. All equally wrong, for the same equally wrong reasons. Why is it race only matters if they are white,if they are any other race, they get to play the race card.

I think Spinal's point is how many times have you heard about La Raza members going around and beating up or killing white or black people just because they aren't latino? The KKK and Neo Nazi scumbags your comparing them to have a long disgusting history of doing just that.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

I think Spinal's point is how many times have you heard about La Raza members going around and beating up or killing white or black people just because they aren't latino? The KKK and Neo Nazi scumbags your comparing them to have a long disgusting history of doing just that.

Neo Nazi's and the Klan are a gang culture split among many different factions.

If you're working in gang culture then hispanics beat/rob/kill blacks all day long for their color. Likewise the blacks to the hispanics. The west coast is on fire every night because of black v. latino racism.

Racism is an excuse to act out and every race on this planet has its share of lunatics who act out.

"Racial cleansing" is a core tenant of MS-13 and related off-shoot gangs.
www.liveleak.com...
edit on 10-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

I guess you have never heard of ms 13, or the fact that they are directly tied to la rosa.

Once again, it does not matter, the who, the what, the where, or the why. Racism, by anyone at anytime for any reason is wrong, flat out, point blank, wrong.

All of these groups are guilty of the same acts, only difference is they all get a pass, except for the white guys, they are horrible people, thinking their race has as much rights as another,where do they get off?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

No one is trying to be a victim. They are simply stating a reality that is still wide spread today.

Blacks are discriminated against by banks. Even if they have better credit, better jobs, better everything. And this is just one out of the many forms of of discrimination..

Redlining is the practice of denying, or increasing the cost of services such as banking, insurance, access to jobs,[2] access to health care,[3] or even supermarkets[4] to residents in particular, often racially determined,[5] areas.

Although in the United States informal discrimination and segregation have always existed, the practice called "redlining" began with the National Housing Act of 1934, which established the Federal Housing Administration (FHA).[10] The federal government contributed to the early decay of inner city neighborhoods by withholding mortgage capital and making it difficult for these neighborhoods to attract and retain families able to purchase homes.[11]

During the heyday of redlining, the areas most frequently discriminated against were black inner city neighborhoods. For example, in Atlanta in the 1980s, a Pulitzer Prize-winning series of articles by investigative reporter Bill Dedman showed that banks would often lend to lower-income whites but not to middle- or upper-income blacks.

Dan Immergluck writes that in 2002 small businesses in black neighborhoods still received fewer loans, even after accounting for business density, business size, industrial mix, neighborhood income, and the credit quality of local businesses.[20] Gregory D. Squires wrote in 2003 that it is clear that race has long affected and continues to affect the policies and practices of the insurance industry.[21] Workers living in American inner cities have a harder time finding jobs than suburban workers.[22

Lending institutions such as Wells Fargo have been shown to treat black mortgage applicants differently when they are buying homes in white neighborhoods than when buying homes in black neighborhoods.

Bank of America on Wednesday was ordered by the Justice Department to pay a $335 million settlement for the company’s part in a discriminatory lending market that denied black and Hispanic home buyers the approval needed to purchase homes.

Allegations against Countrywide involved more than 200,000 minority borrowers and found that Countrywide charged those lenders more money than they charged to white borrowers with similar credit profiles from 2004 through 2008.

www.inquisitr.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The right did not come up with entitlements.

The right did not come up with hypened-American names.

The fact the left has a long history of racism can't talk about anything today without being "accused" of racist.

The never switched sides they are the same as they have ever been instead of the cotton field promise free money for that vote.

A government check so the "few intellectual elite" become the master to people

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
The right did not come up with entitlements.

The right did not come up with hypened-American names.

The fact the left has a long history of racism can't talk about anything today without being "accused" of racist.

The never switched sides they are the same as they have ever been instead of the cotton field promise free money for that vote.

A government check so the "few intellectual elite" become the master to people

Be that as it may....

When I shot a documentary of the local TPM last year you should have heard the racial slurs heaped upon my young black sound man and my female hispanic unit production manager.

Disgusting!!!

If that your idea of conservatives and conservativism...I'm damn proud to be a liberal.

Real world dude!!! Not some Rush Limbaugh fantasy world with no basis in reality. Spin it however you want...
edit on 10-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ah, the good ole' "If I'm so racist, then why was Abraham Lincoln a Republican, HMM?" argument.

Party name is far less important than the things they actually supported.

Some of you non-racist Republicans should google "southern strategy".

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by megax5000
Ah, the good ole' "If I'm so racist, then why was Abraham Lincoln a Republican, HMM?" argument.

Party name is far less important than the things they actually supported.

Some of you non-racist Republicans should google "southern strategy".

That position is just as foolish as the Abe Lincoln position. If you want to focus on party-level nonsense the Democrats overwhelmingly opposed any and all Civil Rights legislation from the 30's through the 60's.
One of the original tenants of the New Deal involved "whites only" primaries.

In the end an individuals behaviors belong to the individual.

The 1924 Democratic National Convention ended in a cross burning and was referred to as the "Klanbake."

The major reason I refuse to join groups/parties/associations/etc... is because no body can speak for me nor do I wish them to yet whenever a body speaks the outside world imposes that point of view on all parties to that body. A foolish and ignorant practice which is far too widespread and frighteningly effective.
edit on 10-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Karl Marx was convinced that Lincoln, after the whole civil war thing, would go on to do the right thing, and turn america into the first communist country, with workers in control of the means of production.

Here is his fan letter:
www.marxists.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Yes. A hispanic civil rights group.

Hardly the brown Klan.

I don't see any problem whatsoever with the AG supporting them. As long as everything is legal and ethical.

hardly a civil rights group more like the brown Klan serously do some research. They have a motto "take everything from them and give them nothing" LA Raza means the race so what is the motto talking about? also they believe in a make belive land called atzland or something like it. Atzland "supposedly" gives them like half of the united states because they believe it was once under aztec control
even though american indians and history says diffrent plus no evidence has even been dug up to prove this wild theory.

heres a link www.humanevents.com...
edit on 10-7-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Holder spoke with the NAACP today.

Perhaps you should make another thread since the NAACP seeks to expand on black peoples civil equality and there are no white groups around.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join