It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Prepared For Another Attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
After reading several news articles, and some posts here on ATS, I thought of a question.

How many people here are prepared for some sort of attack or other catastrophe? do you have water stockpiled in your basement? Iodine pills in the fire box?

Let's hear what you've got, if anything.

Myself, I've got some water- enough for about a week for 5 people- canned food, first aid supplies, batteries and flashlights.

I was pondering building some sort of "panic room", but for now, I'm not going to get that paranoid. but if I ever build a house, I'd definitely have a room reinforced somehow, and i'd have it set up like a small dorm, with room for sleeping, eating & planning, and storage.

I searched for a topic similar to this, but couldn't find anything, so I posted, but if it's already been touched on, go ahead and delete it, mods.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is a fairly good question.

I personally am "ready" whatever that means in this day and age.

I've kept a circulation going from rations I stockpiled during the whole "Y2K" scare. I just use from it, but replace it with a "fresh store" each time I use.

I find that that way you are prepared for any times of crisis.

I'd rather be able to gnaw on some canned spam, then go wait in a military ran food line.

That's just me.

X

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I've kept a circulation going from rations I stockpiled during the whole "Y2K" scare. I just use from it, but replace it with a "fresh store" each time I use.

That is pretty much what we have, but we put ours together for earthquake preparedness. We have enough canned food/water to last our family for about 5 days. We also keep plenty of cash on hand as well as a change of clothes, batteries, radios, flashlights and first aid kits.

All of our things are stored in the garage and we can grab them quickly and put them in the car if we need to leave the area. We have a second home in the mountains that we would evacuate to and that home also has 'emergency' stashes of food, water, clothing, first aid supplies, etc.

I have heard that in the U.K. people have been given information packets that tell them what they need to have and what they need to do in cases of terrorism. I have not seen anything like this distributed in the U.S. I know that there are websites that list what you should have on hand but I do not believe anything has been printed up and mailed out to the public.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
My house is totally self-sufficient when if comes to water, heat, and food. We have a 280 ft. deep well that we get our drinking water from, plus an additional well that we use for gardening. Our house is heated by our own oil tank, and we also use firewood to heat our house. When it comes to canned food, we have enough that could last a few days.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have a few things set aside. More of a can't get to the store because we are snowed in supply.

If something really big does come along, I would not be staying around my area due to being to close to a metro area. I do have some remote locations that I can use to gather what I need.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by u28ds05
I have a few things set aside. More of a can't get to the store because we are snowed in supply.

If something really big does come along, I would not be staying around my area due to being to close to a metro area. I do have some remote locations that I can use to gather what I need.

most of my "rations" started as a snowed in supply- damn Buffalo winters... SO knows what I mean.

I usually keep a lot of cash on hand, too... what little I make... lol

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I have heard that in the U.K. people have been given information packets that tell them what they need to have and what they need to do in cases of terrorism. I have not seen anything like this distributed in the U.S. I know that there are websites that list what you should have on hand but I do not believe anything has been printed up and mailed out to the public.

I have a refrigerator magnet from the Minnesota Public Safety Homeland Security Emergency Management. It has a list of thirteen items for an emergency kit. I picked the magnet up at the state fair. I will be giving out extra magnets to my family with their Christmas gifts (more for the entertainment factor, than for expecting them to put it to use).

We have not put together a kit, yet. Some time this winter, I will put one together along with a cold weather survival kit for the vehicle.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by DownValley]

[edit on 7-10-2004 by DownValley]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
im ready, ive been ready for like ever i even have a good idea on when the next attack is going to be, i did some reasurch so here it is.

lets go back to dec.7th 1941 when pearl harbor took place, ok dec, is the 12th month.

now lets go back to sep.11th when 9-11 took place(aka:pearl harbor 2) and sep, is the 9th month.

And now to go back to the attack that happend in spain, you know when they set the bombs along the trian tracks, well that happened on march 11th and march is the 3rd month.

For those who dont see the pattern yet i did the math below so feel free to look.

12,9,3= notice anything familer about this pattern, its going backwards in threes, here it is reversed, 3,9,12.
ok starting with the 12th(month) dec. sep, march, however the only month missing is june which is the sixth month!

ex.
3,9,12= ok now with the 6th month, 3,"6", 9,12
i also have another therory, but see it is going back wards in threes, without the 6th month(yet)

ex2.
12,9,3 now with month 6= 12,9,"6",3

2nd therory:

in my opinuon it looks like they work in odd numbers like 9-11, and 3-11 excpet for pearl harbor 12-7 but look at this.

3x4=12=12-7-1941
3x3=9=9-11-2001
3x1=3-11-2004
again were missing # 6 look
3x2=6-?-???? or were missing 5 look
3x5=10-?-????

now in my opinuon something will occur on the 5th or 6th month, i dont know were or when or how bad it will be, but all i can say is perpare your self

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We can never be fully prepared and we should not concentrate on becoming prepared for another attack, but focus on preventing another attack.

I truly beleive that this nation will always be a target to someone who wishes to bring fear and terror into our lives. These people that wish death and destruction upon us must be heavily scrutinized upon becoming a suspect and we must never take any chances on what their intentions may be.

We must go ahead and do what we must do in order to stop anyone wishing to attack us. That means to take care of business in Iraq and let the world know that we can't and we won't tolerate such cowardice acts of violence against unsuspecting, innocent citizens.

[edit on 7/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I suppose we are moderately prepared. We have enough canned food for several weeks and lots of water + extra medication, flashlights, batteries etc. We try to keep the tank filled in our "getaway" car. We aren't exactly paranoid, but we live in a major metropolitan area and our first concern would be to get out of this area into a less populated area. And, yes, we do keep cash on hand. My father in law, buried cash, in the backyard, during WWII. We haven't gone that far! Living very close to a nuclear power plant, I guess we should have the iodine pills.
We don't dwell on all this, just factor it into our way of living in a big city. You take precautions and hope for the best.
joey

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm not prepared and i'm not going to either.... If it's something that is really big, either i won't live through it, and if i diid survive what would be the point in living if it ment living in a self-contained shoebox?

new topics

top topics

join