It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Warships Arrive in Pearl Harbour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

A group of Russia’s Pacific Fleet warships has arrived at the U.S. Pearl Harbor naval base to take part in the Rim of the Pacific international drills, a fleet spokesman said on Saturday.

english.ruvr.ru...

Is this just to keep up appearance, as part of their annual drives? I honestly only though NATO bound countries had "war games" and "drills" together. Despite all the talk around here, I in no way believe Russia will fight against the US to prevent NATO intervention in Syria. Sure they have a base their, they rarely use, and they do sell military equipment there... I just cannot see it happening.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Kinda put's some truth to the whole Russian Special Forces coming to America huh?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-7-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Apparently this is nothing new. According to this source, these excercises have been happening since 1971. Has Russia always been involved? I don't know but here is a brief description:

The world's largest international maritime exercise, RIMPAC provides a unique training opportunity that helps participants foster and sustain the cooperative relationships that are critical to ensuring the safety of sea lanes and security on the world's oceans. RIMPAC 2012 is the 23rd exercise in the series that began in 1971.

cpf.navy.mil link to above quote

If interested, here is a link outlining all participants for this year's drill: RIMPAC 2012 Participant List

So yes, the Russians have arrived in Pearl Harbor but hardly for any nefarious reasons unless folks are envisioning a "Red Dawn" type scenario.

edit on 8-7-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Not only that but there are also drills and "games" for bragging rights to the winners....

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Russia is a fake enemy arent they? Werent they threatening us with nukes a few months ago?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wasn't RIMPAC the exercise that was being done during the recent alien invasion movie #8675309 "Battleship"??

I believe it was and I don't remember Russians being involved...I could be wrong though.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If there is no pictures or videos then it didn't happen.

new topics

top topics

join