It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin More Popular than Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Rasmussen reports Obama's approval rating is 44% in the US - www.thesundayleader.lk...

Meanwhile, Putin's approval rating is 60% in Russia - www.parapolitical.com...

... only 18-percent looking favorably on 2012 presidential election runner-up Gennady Zyugano. That correlates to Zyugano’s showing in the last presidential election in which he scored just 17-percent of the vote in an election that was criticized by the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (the OSCE’s report, however, was itself blasted by one of their own monitors who claimed it had been prepared in advance of the election).

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Castillo

And the point is?????????

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Classified Info

The point is Putin is more popular than Obama. Did that not show up in the thread title?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm surprised more people haven't responded to this yet.

At the rate Obama's going, Putin will very soon be more popular with Americans as well.

I'll get some flak for saying this, but Putin is far more honorable and principled than Obama has ever been, and is genuinely a better leader.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Castillo

The point is Putin is more popular than Obama. Did that not show up in the thread title?

In that case Putin is more popular than every single president we have had since Truman ( I think Truman was in office when they first started polling for approval ratings) except for Clinton who was up around 64% when he left office. Even G.W. Bush had approval ratings close to 90% if you can believe it but ended up below 30%. Even Ike and Kennedy couldn't keep their approval ratings above 60%.

What does it all mean?

Not a damn thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info

In that case Putin is more popular than every single president we have had since Truman ( I think Truman was in office when they first started polling for approval ratings) except for Clinton who was up around 64% when he left office. Even G.W. Bush had approval ratings close to 90% if you can believe it but ended up below 30%. Even Ike and Kennedy couldn't keep their approval ratings above 60%.

What does it all mean?

Not a damn thing.

OK thanks

So, anyway - what does everyone think about this?
edit on 9-7-2012 by Castillo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

What does it all mean?

Not a damn thing.

OK thanks

Does it beg the question who was asked in Russia for their opinion? I'm kind of guessing it wouldn't have been any of the people protesting about the suspected fraud in the election that brought him back the presidency.

It's as valid or none valid as any opinion poll you want to look at, but comparing the opinion poll results of these two countries is fairly much comparing chalk to cheese IMO.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

What does it all mean?

Not a damn thing.

OK thanks

Does it beg the question who was asked in Russia for their opinion? I'm kind of guessing it wouldn't have been any of the people protesting about the suspected fraud in the election that brought him back the presidency.

It's as valid or none valid as any opinion poll you want to look at, but comparing the opinion poll results of these two countries is fairly much comparing chalk to cheese IMO.

The link notes the poll was conducted by an established German research firm. It also explores the question of the so-called "protesting."

ATS discourages excessive quoting of off-site sources, so you'll have to take it from here. I shan't be able to accompany you on your journey of learning and exploration, I regret.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

What does it all mean?

Not a damn thing.

OK thanks

The link notes the poll was conducted by an established German research firm. It also explores the question of the so-called "protesting."

ATS discourages excessive quoting of off-site sources, so you'll have to take it from here. I shan't be able to accompany you on your journey of learning and exploration, I regret.

Hi, I'm not going to take you up on that thanks, I don't think it's really a valid point. I wouldn't be surprised if Mugabe also did well, but that doesn't mean the people of his country are happy.... just how 'encouraged' they feel to give a particular answer.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Hi, I'm not going to take you up on that thanks

In other words -

We each have a choice whether we want to deny or embrace ignorance. I won't second guess yours.

Obviously we can't have a fruitful discussion if I choose to access two sets of data to form my opinions and you refuse to access more than one, so thank you for participating in this thread and best of luck elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I wonder what an ATS poll would say. As a matter of fact, can we even create polls? I wonder what percentages would arise from the ATS populace.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Somehow i doubt that Putins approval ratings are even remotely accurate. I think the mass protests against his subversion of the constitution speak to that pretty plainly.

The man and his administration are the same scum who fixed the Soviet electoral system. No surprises there.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CombatBoots

Somehow i doubt that Putins approval ratings are even remotely accurate. I think the mass protests against his subversion of the constitution speak to that pretty plainly.

Are you actually familiar with the candidates he ran against in that election (the head of the Soviet-era Communist Party and a man who said he would nuke Japan and capture Alaska)? You think it was a case of electoral fraud one of them didn't win?

You don't find it weird that all the "protest" leaders were filmed going into the U.S. Embassy beforehand for a meeting?

You don't find it weird that one of the OSCE monitors said the OSCE election monitoring report was prepared several days before the election was held?

Hmmm. You seem like a really trustworthy guy.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
For all the ATS elections experts who claim the Russian 2012 presidential elections were rigged - which of the four candidates do you think actually won? Which of the four candidates do you think Russians actually voted for?

1. Vladimir Putin
Party: United Russia Party
Experience: president, prime minister, chief of staff to Mayor of St. Petersburg, director of FSB
Opinions: opposed the military coup against Gorbachev

2. Gennady Zyuganov
Party: Communist Party
Experience: member of parliament, regional party boss
Opinions: the break-up of the Soviet Union was a mistake; supported the military coup against Gorbachev

3. Mikhail Prokhorov
Party: Civic Party
Experience: owner of the New Jersey Nets
Opinions: even though he's running against Putin, he supports Putin

4. Vladimir Zhirinovsky
Party: Liberal-Democratic Party
Experience: member of parliament
Opinions: supports using nuclear weapons against Chechnyan insurgents; publicly advocated nuclear weapons against the UK in response to WTO membership blockage; publicly advocated using nuclear weapons against Georgia

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I've always liked Putin more than Obama. You know what you've got with Putin. He's trying to drag a huge nation (11 time zones) into the 21st century. Is he a "democrat"? Hell no, and neither was James Madison, and neither am I. Democracy = rule by the lowest common denominator. I want someone to effectively manage the nation. Obama can't do it. His major problem is that we don't know who/what he is. I know exactly who Putin is and what to expect from him.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What does it all mean?

Not a damn thing.

OK thanks

Who cares?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog

What does it all mean?

Not a damn thing.

OK thanks

Who cares?

When, during your time on ATS, you discover a thread that is of no interest to you, the normal course of action is to move on and find one of interest to you. The abnormal course of action is to enter that thread and publicly register your disinterest in it.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You asked a question and i answered. I'm sorry if the answer was'nt what you wanted to hear.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog

You asked a question and i answered. I'm sorry if the answer was'nt what you wanted to hear.

Incorrect. Answering and replying are two different things.

Example of Reply that is Not an Answer:
- Initiative Dialog: "How are you today?"
- Reply: "Eat dick."

Example of an Answer:
- Initiative Dialog: "How are you today?"
- Reply: "I am fine!" or "I feel bad."

The phrase "Who cares?" is a statement of dismissal rather than an expression of opinion. It indicates a general sense of disinterest in the topic, rather than an actual opinion - one way or the other - on the topic. Message boards exist to engage dialog among users, not for users who may not be interested in a given topic to alert other users of their disinterest in said topic. You have been reported for a TOS violation and will shortly be subjected to an intense series of behavioral corrective measures by the Trusted Admins.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Why would the opinions of two entirely different demographics matter?? Putin has been in virtual control of Russia for a hell of a lot longer than Obama (i mean even when he was PM for a term he was obviously the real leader). They have two different political systems, countries and everything. The question asked wasn't which do you prefer, it was based on country approval rating. From what I know Russia doesn't have a very effective opposition system (due to gov interference and other issues). Obama has huge opposition from the Republicans (who what, have like 40% of the electorate without independents?), thus how is he ever supposed to get near those figures.

This might be interesting IF the question was asked to Americans and they preferred Putin over Obama, but it wasn't so it's a pretty meaningless comparison due to the different groups polled and the different circumstances of each leader.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join