It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret World, a desensitization progress?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So this is my first thread and I was just downloading add-ons for a game when I noticed a new game coming out called The Secret World. The game is about how the Illuminati, the Knights Templar and a third group, called The Dragon. These three groups are all vying for complete control over the world. The Illuminati video stats that Power is their God. The Dragon use subtle "ripples to make a bigger tsunami", they are a order that believes that in order for the Earth to come back to harmony, it must first be plunged into chaos. And finally the Templar believe that their belief is the one true and only belief, everything else has been corrupted by evil. I mean this game could be a harmless, well just that, a game. But the fact that the games promotional one liner is, " Imagine if every myth, conspiracy theory and urban legend was true." There seems to be an over abundant of alien movies coming out this year and with this game, to me it seems like desensitization might be in progress.

I am open to any and all comments, but lets be adults please. And if this is in the wrong area please move, figured General Conspiracies was a decent starting spot.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I find that intruiging, I was reading a book about secret societies the other week, and that book mentioned those 3 factions as being the leaders of the NWO also.

I'm afraid I can't remember which book right now, as I'm forever downloding different scholary books.
But you can rest asurred it was a scholary one, cuz they're the only ones I read.

As far as it comes to this desensatiazation stuff, I can honestly say I *never* took any notice of "this hidden message! That hidden message! Subliminal this! And subliminal that!"

Untill the last few weeks. I always presumed it was bored nutters looking to connect random dots because they have nothing better to do.

However, that was also before my study into secret societies, and I was gob smacked at what I found to be fact, because I'd presumed it was all fiction!

Makes me wonder, a couple of years ago, space related stuff was *never* on the news, now all I hear is "we found another goldylocks planet! There was life on Mars in 76'! There is ice on the moon and Mars! We found the God partical! We broke the speed of light! We found older ruins than ever before! Etc etc etc..

There defo gearing up the media attention on such matters.

And my eyebrow has certainly been raised at the *sheer* number of "alien" and "invasion" movies.

Even *every* 3rd *advert* on TV has an alien in it

And even my favorite TV shows have had some mighty *strange* dialogue of late..

These programmes include Family Guy, American dad (episode about NWO/Illuminati last night!), Scrubs, Big Bang, the list is endless!

Since when do comedy shows start discussing all of "our" conspiracies??!!

Food for thought.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

lol well I am glad that you only read scholarly books. But I have noticed an overload of "space and "alien" T.V. shows also. There is a new movie coming out, The Watch, is about four normal dads defending earth from an alien invasion. And there is a new Disney show, Gravity Falls, which I found out about on here, supposedly has abundant amount of Illuminati symbolism. But I agree, with the recent surge of space talk on MSM and now with T.V. shows and games having occult symbolism, to me, it seems like they are trying to prepare us for something.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The Secret World was created by a bunch of smart, talented people who wanted to do something novel in the MMO space, and decided to use a modern day setting over a backdrop of conspiracy theory and Fortean mythology.

Turns out, that mine is deep and wide and full of far more interesting things than Tolkien or D&D ever contemplated.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stolski21

When in doubt put it in 'general conpiracies' that's what I always do.

Defiently something going on no doubt about that. I personally keep drifting back to the Olympics.

The other day I heard something like Britian has more active army members on duty than ever before in history during peace time.

Look at all the record temps being shattered all over the U.S. and it's only the begining of July. The U.K. at the same time is reporting all time high rainfall?!?! (HAARP?)

There' something happening here.........not sure what it is yet.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Nothing is secret about these guys.

People are easily distracted.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
We have a video games forum on ATS that has a couple of threads on The Secret World. I don't mention it to wag a finger at you but I think anybody interested in this may want to check that section out, as well.

The game is a cool concept but I think many people on ATS set in their ways on their opinions of how secret societies operate may be at odds at how they are represented in The Secret World. It's definitely the first MMO that came out in a long time that has tempted me.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Yea I remember reading about that, I wonder why? And it is rather ridiculous how hot it has been getting here in Houston! I have to leave my windows cracked in my truck or else it's an oven inside, plus it is raining more and at more odd times. The other day it rained at 7:20ish A.M. and it was a "sunny showers" moment. And I am sorry, I did not notice the video game section, but knowing that know, I would have guessed it would have been strictly video game talk. Not conspiracy talk. But thanks now I know

edit on 7-7-2012 by stolski21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Since when do comedy shows start discussing all of "our" conspiracies??!!

Because they are afraid that people will really start believe and ask for the truth, so instead, they act defensively and make fun of it in hoping that the viewers will make fun of people that really believe in conspiracies.

For secret world, I don't know. I think they might want to wake people up and at the same time have an intriguing concept. If people believe in the mafia, why wouldn't they believe in other secret societies is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stolski21
reply to post by Sinny

lol well I am glad that you only read scholarly books. But I have noticed an overload of "space and "alien" T.V. shows also. There is a new movie coming out, The Watch, is about four normal dads defending earth from an alien invasion. And there is a new Disney show, Gravity Falls, which I found out about on here, supposedly has abundant amount of Illuminati symbolism. But I agree, with the recent surge of space talk on MSM and now with T.V. shows and games having occult symbolism, to me, it seems like they are trying to prepare us for something.

uh no... they are out to do one thing and one thing only, make money.
mining space and alien ideas is an easy way to make a lot of money these days, no one wants sitcoms and such anymore.
network execs are not imaginative, they go with what is popular, or will bring in watchers.

well of course some games have occult symbolism, it adds to the atmosphere, is there anything to it other than that? no, it is just a cool idea that would add to the game. no one has the time to do the stuff people think they do.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

Because they are afraid that people will really start believe and ask for the truth, so instead, they act defensively and make fun of it in hoping that the viewers will make fun of people that really believe in conspiracies.

uh that is some mighty fine projection i'd say.
people already make fun of people that believe in conspiracies, so writers are just out to make people laugh, and that includes writing in that someone believes that man hasn't been on the moon.

For secret world, I don't know. I think they might want to wake people up and at the same time have an intriguing concept. If people believe in the mafia, why wouldn't they believe in other secret societies is beyond me.

i suppose pointing out that you are looking too deeply into something that isn't anything more than making a game that is fun different and makes them money right?
because that is pretty much funcom's only goal, making money.
those guys do find the ideas interesting, but they aren't out to "wake people up" it is a video game for gods sake.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Maybe all these groups are real but none of them will win? Maybe they can never, ever be allowed to win, because they're based on corruption, control, selfishness and lies. And the only thing that eventually makes it is awareness, freedom, creativity and truth.

If the universe is like an operating system, maybe these groups can only exist in the current mess, and they're the things that are purged when it's time for disk clean-up, along with a whole other load of crap we currently have.

And that's not to imply that the people in those groups would be purged, they'd evolve and move on too, just not the groups. Maybe the groups have always had meaning though : to teach us what NOT to do when we finally evolve.
edit on 8-7-2012 by robhines because: added

top topics

join