It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Return of the 9 Gods,The Visitation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
With all of the 2012 threads poppin up in the last hour I thought Id throw in my 6 cents. I read about a block that was found with the 12-21-2012 date inscribed that also indicated the return of the 9 gods. Ancient Aliens also had a bit on it. Supposedly, the Dresden codex had been partially destroyed so they couldnt read the end, but had speculated that ,that is what it meant. Then finding the block during the end of last year, they figured out that it actually meant what they thought. The story of Quetzalcoatl in my mind taught the ancient Maya the advanced knowledge they needed to make the calendars.
All other end of the world scenarios are specualtion in my opinion. I could be wrong. But as far as I know that block is the ONLY other reference to the date other than the Dresden. I will post some links, one is fron ABCnews so dont expect them to tell ya aliens are coming. Some say that it doesnt mean that. If the aliens came and landed, would our media even tell us, would we see it on youtube and it just fade away as fact or fiction? Unless they blew some stuff up and it was evident, like Puma Punku.
Last thing , I dont think most people realise that this isnt a wall calendar from maya mart, but a scary sophisticated accurate invention, and I feel whatever its signifigance as to the end date should be respected and not taken like a grain of salt. It is a very impressive thing that is beyond our direction of thought. AND Im no expert so DONT YELL AT ME. [>)

decipherment.wordpress.com...

emergingtruth.wordpress.com...

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 6-7-2012 by avatard because: Ron Paul will WIN !

edit on 6-7-2012 by avatard because: Obomney sucks

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ahhhhh the 2012 mystery, I have always loved this so much mystery and stuff we are just barley scratching the surface. And I even wish that the world ends now that would be epic to witness, but they have repeatedly said the it states an end of an era not the world, so with that in mind I fear my wish will not be granted

When 22,2012 gets here I guess we'll need another date to reference, but Dec. 21 2012 just has a nice ring to it lol

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by avatard

Well put. I'm glad you know how to articulate yourself with style. It makes your post readable and enjoyable haha! I'm still on the fence about this dec 2012. I see and feel changes happening all over. It's hard not to intuitively feel some big ship on the other side of the horizon. Just what it all means..I don't know.

I do agree that many people don't seem to respect this Mayan calender. I see so many posts like "Well, our calender ends December 31, so what?"

You couldn't be more correct though. Ours is just a yearly calender. Their calender corresponds to cycles within cycles describing a very long span of time. It's not like you can buy a calender at the dollar store filled in for the next 500 years. Why would anybody need such a thing unless there was some significance to this inconceivable span of time compared to the lifespan of one human. I mean, look, the calender even outlasted the classic Mayan civilization.

Some respect and humility is in order. It is really difficult to know why ancient civilizations did a lot of what they did and what it symbolized. Heck, I have trouble figuring out what my friends and family are thinking most of the time haha.

We'll see what happens..even if I have to sit on the fence right until the very end--it's a good view. Hope it's a good show with a happy ending no matter what may come.
edit on 7-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This is from the ABC article:

The doomsday theories stem from a stone tablet discovered in the 1960s at the archaeological site of Tortuguero in the Gulf of Mexico state of Tabasco that describes the return of a Mayan god at the end of a 13th period.

Very interesting stuff... I wasn't aware of that. So many people scream "the Mayans never predicted anything to happen at the end of the 13th baktun"... but yet, right here we seem to have evidence they did predict something, namely, the return of their God(s). I don't see how that has anything to do with "doomsday theories"... but it is fascinating. Ancient Alien theory may yet be proven correct if these so called Gods (aka aliens) actually return.

edit on 7/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by avatard

Matthew 24:35-37 "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

No-one knows.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Doesn't that verse refer only to the end of human life on earth or the end of the cosmos? I'm not sure that fits appropriately with any Mayan calenders..mostly because we don't know what, if anything, the calender is insinuating about any dates.

What's one got to do with the other?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Doesn't that verse refer only to the end of human life on earth or the end of the cosmos? I'm not sure that fits appropriately with any Mayan calenders..mostly because we don't know what, if anything, the calender is insinuating about any dates.

What's one got to do with the other?

The return of the gods would be like it was in the days of Noe before and after the deluge.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

was a 14th Bak'tun ever written about by the Maya and if the calender starts over is there clear interpretation of it doing so?

It wont be long but soon we will all find out, and the answer wont be because we think this or that, like so many claim,
you know, "I think this and that so it must be true" I get so bored with these kind of statements

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

A lot of the thrill of witnessing something is talking about it later with friends and family. If the world ends we get cheated out of the thrill because we cant talk about it with each other afterwards. No CNN coverage, no talk around the water cooler, no facebook updates with photos.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

You can buy perpetual calendars. Your cell phone is a perpetual calendar. Any computer can be a perpetual calendar. Not only that but as long as there is electrical power that calendar goes on forever, not just a mere 500 years.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I have to love this one.
Better I owe it to you than I cheat you out of it. ( re the return of Jesus the Christ)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Nothing. Troubleshooter quotes Matthew a lot. He must be close friends or something.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
OP, I am sure you mostly have read this before but I'll include the link here concerning The Nine.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
OP, I am sure you mostly have read this before but I'll include the link here concerning The Nine.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Brilliant article. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
damn double post *shakes fist*
edit on 7/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Anything is possible. 2012 definitely makes an interesting year. Some people say the return of the gods, or some say a shift in new earth dimension. I'll take any above over an catastrophic event, just as long as the returning gods aren't too knotty.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Thanks for that link. It was an interesting read, helped to explain the 2012 thing a little better for me. The return of the 9 gods? Well we can only wait and see. Wont be long now, so then we can put it to rest one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I fear I will just grow old and die. I'm 60 now, so it can't be too far off, maybe ten or fifteen years. And then life begins. Hope I'm worthy.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

For a reason that I cannot fully explain at this time I do believe there will be a return of The Nine. I have no insider knowledge but I feel that they do exist.

Thanks for even considering this.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Enjoyed the article right up until
''Oh Shinnah Fastwolf'' was quoted within it. She is a proven con and muddies the whole thing. [google NAFPS, and do a search]

90 percent of these NA prophecies need to be read in the context of the Nations internal oral tradition with ALL of the symbology and meanings which we don't have as outsiders. What it looks like is being said, generally in reality isn't.

Other than that, loved the thread.

edit on 7-7-2012 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join